Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class B Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-06-2023, 09:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Travato 59K Truma and Propane

Travato 59K propane heat and stove was working and then in the middle of the night the Truma panel showed E 212. And propane for stove or heat was not working. Very weird because it had been working for 4-5 hours prior. Any ideas?
PapaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 10:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Is the propane "on"? Is the tank full, or not empty?

Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 11:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Tank is full and both switches (inside and out) on. It was running and stopped some time through the early morning hours. We tried what video suggested with no luck
Old 04-06-2023, 12:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I only have the Truma Aquago Comfort Plus on demand water heter in my Navion, so that's as far as I can go with it. I googled your error code and found that video.
What does the operator manual for your version of the Truma (water and air heater?) say for the E2 12 error? Try toggling the propane switch on/off, make sure the Truma unit has power, coach batteries enabled/charged, etc.
Beyond that, try internet searches, and/or call Truma support for some help.
Some say they're pretty good at phone support.
You're probably not the first person to have this problem.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 12:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

By logic, when all items stop, I would not work with the truma until finding a problem stopping flow to all items.
But we are limited in the troubleshooting as we don't know which year and whether ealry or late build for that year. That limits us on looking at the parts drawings to see where there might be gas solenoids, etc that might stop flow to several items at once.

This is the interactive parts drawings where you can go to your specific RV and then to the LP gas section to look at where they may come together.

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Top of the head thought might be that the gas regualator may have failed or something quite close to where it comes out of the tank before splitting to go different directions to each item??

Note: It takes a bit to get used to playing that interactive thing to get the best view, so let us know if there is any way to speed up the looking!
I sometimes get it turned upside down and backwards and have to just back out to get the RV right side up!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 03:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Propane

This happened to my Travato van last year. The 12 volt rocker switch located on the outside by the fill port (labeled emergency shutoff) became corroded. If both switches outside and inside aren’t receiving 12 volts the solenoid underneath by the propane valve will not activate. I replaced my switch with a Marine grade type for under 30.00. This should fix your problem. Travato John.
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 12:31 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

That makes 100% sense! Thank you!
Old 04-13-2023, 06:43 AM   #8
2016 View 24J Profile

Propane valve

The propane shut off valve needs 12v to turn on and allow gas to flow. If voltage is insufficient that valve will not activate. While standing at the control panel in my View with complete quiet, if the switch is turned on and off I can hear the solenoid ’click’ which verifies its activation.
If you don’t hear the ‘click’ , try starting the vehicle which will instantly supply 14v to the house batteries and may supply the needed voltage if your batteries are low.
Unfortunately the solenoid requires a constant 12v supply to allow gas flow. A drained battery can prevent the solenoid from activating. I installed a small resistor in line to reduce the electrical drain.
AlanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 03:48 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all for the noteworthy suggestions. The problem was the LP tank was not properly purged on initial fill because the remote vent (?) was closed. A tech opened the vent and purged tank properly using vapor to dry air and filled with liquid propane. Simple fix but all to the tune of $225. In labor. Live and learn!

Tags
propane