Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2022, 12:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Travato 59 K shower drain

Thought I would put this out to members with Winn. Travato model 59K. I noticed a small leak of antifreeze as I rewinterized after trip south from Colorado. Upon looking up above generator housing I found the drain attached to shower pan and over to the holding tank. There is a 2” slip fitting with union. The union screw attachment had loosened up over time, tempature and bouncing around on the road. Easy fix. Something to check. My rig is 4 years old. Travato John
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 01:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Something I have started doing over the years when dealing with plastic is to gooone small step further than tighten the fittings. It seems plastic moves more with temperature changes and that movement seems to work the fittings loose more than metal.
One way to deal with this is to add just a bit of silicone to the threads before tightening the connection.
The silicone sticks very nicely to clean plastic but will also turn loose if I need to get into that connection later. Be sure to give the caulk plenty of time to fully set before running water, though!
I started doing this in apartments where cleaning the trap at the sink was a constant deal when renting to college students.
It seems many had never found what happens when you pour hot grease down the drain into the water standing in the trap!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower