Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class B Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New 2015 Winnebago ERA

Ok, so I traded in my 2014 Winnebago Aspect for a 2015 Winnebago ERA 70A. I loved the Aspect but hated the length and lack of maneuverability. I go to horse shows with just my dog and the Aspect just proved to be "too much" for me alone. I researched the ERA and test drove one in September. I did a u-turn in the parking lot and it was mine! I tell everyone that I feel like the Geico pig in the commercial when I'm driving because all I can say is "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Now don't get me wrong, it can be spatially challenging with an 80# german shepherd dog but the maneuverability and the drive-ability of this RV makes up for that. And I'm pretty sure I get close to 20 mpg. Love love love this RV!
TinStarArabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Which floor plan did you get the 70A, 70B, or 70C. They all look great. We got a Trend 23L and I took it to Tulsa Oklahoma to the Arabian Nationals. It did great it was just me. I did not get 20 MPG though. I got about 13 MPG. But it is a new engine and it only has 1000 miles on it. It should improve.
We had a 2012 Cambria 30J. I liked it a lot. But you are right I did not need one that big for just me and my dog. But he is only 35#.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:35 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

That is just to funny JBP. I was at Arabian US Nationals, too. I have a PB reining stud. I bought the 70A. I had thought that I wanted the 70X with the pull out couch/bed but the 4 captains chairs was a deal breaker for me because they took up too much room. I was going to take the extra 2 out but decided on the 70A instead. The flex bed is kind of weird but does work out after some getting used to. I saw the new floor plan with the dry bath in the back recently at the dealership. It's not for me but it has a slide out couch/bed behind the driver's seat for extra room. I think people who hate the wet bath will like it a lot. And the unit I saw had white velour like walls...not good for horse shows. lol Message me and tell me about Nationals. We can start our own Winnebago club next year. BTW, I think I saw your unit.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:14 AM   #4
JBP
Winnie-Wise

TinStarArabs
My sister showed for years. She worked for the American Royal here in KC. She has ask me to go many times and I wish I had. She can not show now. But she and a good friend of hers go to many of the shows. Sisters friend showed a new Arab this was his first show. I thought that they did great.
70A looks great.
It was between a big coach and a fifth wheel. They were giving me a hard time. Do you travel alone? I do with the Trend.
What kind of gas mileage do yo get. We had a RoadTek 3500. It is very similar to your ERA. I was getting about 14 to 15 driving 65. I was not towing anything.
My Trend has very limit towing. 2000# is all. But it is just a big van.
Looks like my sister and friend are going to the show in Florida are you going to be there?
My email is [email protected]
Old 11-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I am not scheduled to go to a show in Florida. And yes, my husband has to stay at our mini-ranch and take care of the critters, so it's me and a very big GSD, well and my concealed handgun. For anyone on the fence about the Winnebago ERA, I would say, go for it!
Old 11-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #6
JBP
Winnie-Wise

TinStarArabs
My wife is trying to decide if we are going to South Texas or Florida for the Winter. Good thing about being retired, each day can go as you like it to. No rush.
Keep the group posted on how you like your ERA.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Just ordered a new ERA 70A

This will be my third Sprinter Chassis RV. My first was a Pleasure-way 2006 and I loved it. 5cyl diesel. I traded up to a 2012 Winnebago View/Profile with a dry bath and two slides. I must say I did not like the size and driveablity.
I am now getting the ERA 70A, which after extensive research I feel it is the most bang for the buck and I am pleased with Winnebago.
The Van style RV is great to drive, better than any RV I have ever driven. And I've had them all Class A,C, and a trailer.
I will keep the blog posted with my next experience.
Happy travels,
Larry
Southern Calif.
stevlar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago