Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class B Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-02-2021, 11:34 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Microwave Doesn't Work

My microwave turns on with the generator but will not cook food. When I press a button or time the screen reads f o o d and won’t start, anyone know why?
Shaderunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 10:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Microwave

You might try unplugging your Microwave and reset the computer. Leave unplugged for 5 mins then plug back in. Do it while you are hooked up. You could also call the manufacturer and ask for tech support. Travato John
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 12:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravatoJohn View Post
You might try unplugging your Microwave and reset the computer. Leave unplugged for 5 mins then plug back in. Do it while you are hooked up. You could also call the manufacturer and ask for tech support. Travato John
Thanks John but I have discovered all I needed to do was open microwave door, close it and it works
Shaderunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 05:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Spray a little wd40 into the door latch, there is a safety switch that will lock out start until switch is made.
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 08:15 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Mine had a bad safety switch and would work if you wiggled the door or held it just right. A new switch fixed it and was only a couple of dollars. It's just a N/O micro switch available everywhere. (Of course with Covid they are now double what I paid)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	micro.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	181963  
Old 02-08-2022, 10:28 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Mine had a bad safety switch and would work if you wiggled the door or held it just right. A new switch fixed it and was only a couple of dollars. It's just a N/O micro switch available everywhere. (Of course with Covid they are now double what I paid)
Brian makes a good point on NOT buying specialty items like door switches if there are lots of the same switch sold at electronics stores for half the price!

But then if you live where there are online "freebie" sites like Craigslist, pick up a free microwave from the street corner and get a whole bunch of switches already on the mount for free!

https://austin.craigslist.org/zip/d/...439603233.html
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote