I finally got the table finished for over the doghouse between the front seats of our Sunstar. It's all birch. The legs are 2 each glued up 1x3s, and the top is 3 1x6 with 1x4 breadboard ends.
I stained it with my custom mix of 2 colors of cherry Varathane stain to match the rest of the wood finish in the coach, and brushed on 2 coats of satin interior polyurethane.
The 1" square Al tubing sockets were painted with Rustoleum Ultracover 2x in satin nutmeg, which is a pretty good color match. They are bolted through the doghouse with fender washers underneath to spread the load.
Here's a detail of the table tubes inserted into the support tubes.
It's not really clear in any of the photos, but I rabbeted the fronts of the legs 1/4" to mirror the detail on those custom lights I built.
And, the table all folded up, upside down for clarity...
If I were to do this again, I think I'd use a spray clear coat instead of the brushed on one. I cheaped out because the can was on the shelf.