Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #1

Exterior Pic Complements of Lichtsinn Motors

The full set of pics HERE
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #2

Exterior Pic Complements of Lichtsinn Motors

The full set of pics HERE
Old 08-28-2007, 02:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Ranger,,,Its tolerable, doesn't have a lot of WOW factor, but it looks like a "nice" moho. Super, Great or Fantastic its not. But Winnie has (I think) a reputation for building serviceable motorhomes at an afordable(?)price. Like the position of the TV and of course would prefer the Dinette but I am sure this could be a option...Take care
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:25 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I don't care for the large "humps" the headlights are in. The lights themselves look like they might be an impreovement over the "cateyes".

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:32 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

What's with the slide mechanism ... and the "head knocker" storage under the slide-out .... looks like a step backwards to me
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

The looks are okay. I'm more disappointed in the floorplans. I'm afraid I will need to look at other manufacturers to find a pusher less than 37' long. This trend toward "bigger is better" is not what I was hoping for.

2005 Itasca Meridian
John Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:03 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Skigramp,

On the bedroom slide Winnie has always had the compartements under it. Its only on the living room slide that the storemore system is used and I only know about the two slide units.

I don't know about the new mechanism, I have seen it on other motorhomes and I guess it is susposed to be better. Good Luck
Old 08-28-2007, 04:09 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Sorry guys, but IMO it is pretty ugly. Really don't care for the front end and think even less of the interior. I guess that is supposed to be a more modern look but I'm more of a traditional guy....I like raised-panel cabinet doors for example. To me it looks like an econo-bus.

I do like the 37H floorplan which is very similar to the 36 I have with the exception of the 37" TV located in the living area.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Overall, looks like a slightly up-scale version of the Destination with Voyage headlights.

Winnie seems to be giving up on StorMore. Head knocker or not when the cargo bays are an integral part of the body you get more net cubic feet of storage, some pass-through storage and ability to store more weight in the bays. StorMore is only rated at 300lbs per door so this will help with those loads of wood, etc.

Interior looks like more storage which would make the DW happy...at least if it had a dinette. I too don't care much for the European design of the cabinets.

In any case, lack of a CAT engine option from FL is a deal killer for us for any Winnie DP.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:27 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

I too like the look of raised panel woodwork. The wood in the new Journey looks too 'modern' for my tastes. Front end is 'OK'. I can also live w/o the store-more if you really can get more storage integral to the frame.

What really disappoints me is the loss of the shorter coaches - 34' and 36'. Will probably push me to look at other manufacturers when the time comes. Not to mention the HUGE jump in MSRP.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

When you add the typical options, the Journey's price is approaching the Phaeton from Tiffin, and in my opinion the Phaeton wins hands down. The new Journey cabinet doors looks like 1 by 4 pieces of wood glued together. The interior lost a lot without the raised panel doors. As a 2003 Journey owner, we love it and have had very few Winnebago related problems, but I must say if we were to buy another MH it would not be a Journey. Tiffin can't build the Phaeton fast enough and Winnebago should have put a bulls eye on the Phaeton when they designed the new Journey. Boy did they miss the mark. Look at Lazy Days web site. They have about 25-30 Phaeton's listed all the time and most are 'Sale Pending'. Too bad because we are Winnebago fans.

2003 Honda Element (toad)
Florida Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:11 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Nope, I am not too crazy about the floorplans offered or the new look. I am sorry to see Winnebago move away from shorter DPs and I agree that our next rig probably will be a different brand unless Winnebago comes up with something better in the next few years. In the meantime we're going to continue to enjoy our 34H, I guess it is a 'classic collector's item' by now .

-----

ON EDIT: I do like the placement of the windshield wipers and the use of a flat screen TV as the main TV.
boulderado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:35 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Indeed, Tiffin offers very attractive units when compared to Winny. Biggest Tiffin downside is no EMS.

I also prefer the raised panels; however, the new Journey 39' floor plan is pretty nice. Also prefer dinette, but that's available. Re no StoreMore, what is the "average" CCC of this rig? That will determine how much add'l weight can be carried. Spartan/Cummins ISL combo would be nice (SIDE radiator).

Are the Winny 2008 TV's, DVD/VCR & cabling all HD READY?

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:14 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

We looked at the 08 today. We didn't like it at all. If we get another coach, it will probably not be a Winnebago. They are still using the Demented inverters and the dealer told us they may be changing from HWH.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:34 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Sorry,,,reminds me of the Flounder someone tried to pass off on folks..I too will be looking at other companies products in the future..

Malibu Toad
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skigramp:
What's with the slide mechanism ... and the "head knocker" storage under the slide-out .... looks like a step backwards to me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pass through storage.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

There's another thread on these new rigs about a week old HERE, and it's getting a LOT of hits.
I like:
The stainless sink (finally)
What appears to be real tile
The LCD up front is nice, but that was coming anyway.

I don't like:
The design
Passthru is nice but I like my bins even with the slide. Easier on the head
C-7 has been replaced
34H has been dropped. Understood that this is an expensive coach for the size, but here we go, dropping everything short of 37-38'. Probably to leave anything shorted to the Class 'C's

All the reasons I bought this coach have gone away. What do they say about voting with your pocketbook?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:20 AM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SCVJeff:
There's another thread on these new rigs about a week old HERE, and it's getting a LOT of hits.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No pics on the Winnie site or that thread....Lichtsinn's is the first dealer to have pics, and as usual, GOOD ones....
Old 08-29-2007, 01:22 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

Don't mean to be picky but its Lichtsinn Motors. Have a great day
Old 08-29-2007, 03:01 AM   #20
GG1
Winnie-Wise

The first page of the "PREVIEW" turned me off MSRP base $216K fagettaboutit!!!!!!!!!!!!