Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2020, 01:51 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
When I look at the wiring diagrams on the Winnebago website I find full wiring diagrams for the 2014 Journey 34B.

https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram..._p34b_wire.htm

Is there some reason they aren't available on your end?

Here's a screen shot of what's available for the 2014 Journey 34B:
You'll note that there is no longer a 12V wiring diagram as there used to be, only an installation diagram.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 02:31 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
You'll note that there is no longer a 12V wiring diagram as there used to be, only an installation diagram.
I don't know how the 12v diagram differs from a 12v installation diagram. Sorry.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:05 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

My "top of the head" definition is the install diagram will show where the wiring is located and routing but not the pinout to ID the wires themself which is what we find really handy when we want to trace something through several connections or parts.
Also I am finding that the list may show drawing items but when I go to that specific year/medal combo, the drawings are not coming up.
Seem to be listed but not actually finding them?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:34 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

old and forgotten lesson relearned?

In sorting through drawings, I always find there are differences in the way each drawing might be drawn and used. I once learned that it was wise to read lots of those small notes BEFORE trying to use any drawing that is in a new form. Apparently I forgot that lesson and just jumped straight to looking at the Winnebago drawings, even though they are very different than others I've used.
Bad plan and it left me scratching my head way too much but today I finally got around to reading the notes and helpful info they provide!
If you are like me and left with quite a struggle to sort the drawing info they provide, take a few minutes (or a few days!) to read and sort out what they give us. I found things go lots easier and make more sense after reading the
"wiring identification" and "wiring diagram help" sections.
It's a big help to find all that writing on the wires will actually tell me a lot of things. Little things like where the wire comes from and what it does is labeled on the wires!!!! I must have just assumed it was chicken scratches???
Old 01-05-2020, 10:39 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Yes ,I have that same list. But what is missing on mine and yours, is a 12 volt wiring diagram.
catsmeow3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:46 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

The 12 volt installation plans just show where all of the 12 volt components are located. A 12 volt wiring diagram (if it were available) would show how the components were connected by the wires
catsmeow3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:28 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmeow3200 View Post
The 12 volt installation plans just show where all of the 12 volt components are located. A 12 volt wiring diagram (if it were available) would show how the components were connected by the wires
Yes, fully agree and I also feel the pain. But since I've been reading a bit more about the labels on the wire, I might have a "theory" or thought about why they dropped the drawings. Weird idea but we seem to be getting lots of weird ideas so, how does this sound?
Perhaps they expect us to go the each install diagram, find the item on the motorhome and then read the labeling to find the next point along the line. For folks who have followed diagrams, that plan is really not very good but best I could figure. Perhaps it is a case of somebody having an idea to save time, effort or something, by just labeling the wires. Not that it is a good idea to me, but I've worked for folks who have come up with ideas like that!
I retired the first time when I found the person making decisions had no idea what we were actually doing!
Hope somebody has a better idea of what's up with changing/leaving out drawings.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:49 AM   #28
Site Team

I have a guesstimate about they way they do the wiring.

They seem to not really have a plan for installing the wiring. They have a loom and it serves multiple models or options or even years. One guy strings the loom and other workers come along and install items by just grabbing the wires nearby any old way they can.

So, there's not really a "plan" it's different all the time and there is no official way to do the wiring. So, how would anyone create a official wiring diagram of wiring that's haphazardly placed?

I've done some wiring work in the upper cabinets. There are dozens of wires with connectors and even some with labels that are connected to nothing. They're just shoved in there.

I'm sure I don't know. But I certainly don't get the feeling that there is anything laid out and "engineered."

One thing I will say about WBGO - they may not provide everything you could want but they supply vastly more info ad diagrams and parts info than other brands do. And, they make it easily available online. I don't think even Entegra, Newmar or Tiffin do as much. I owned a Forest River MH and they provide NOTHING. Not even an operators manual that's specific to the MH you buy. Just a generic manual and a packet of material from each separate part manufacturer in a plastic bag.

Tags
wiring