Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
Minnie Winnie 31k team

Winnie Intent Model 30r reviews

Hello all...anyone have any input/opinions/comments/assessments on the Intent 30r?....we have a 2018 Minnie Winnie 31k now and just looking for some input on a potential upgrade to a Class A.....thanks much.
mikecav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I bought a 26m in january,wish we never had,first timers,was in the shop for over a month in july.
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

My vote would be to keep what you have.
GoneToTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:31 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Intent 29L

We bought a 29L in March. This was our first A, after owning a 5er and 2 bumper pulls. Out the gate, I installed front and rear sumo springs, safe-t-plus, and did the CHF. I also installed an automatic transfer switch for the generator. Not sure why this unit doesn’t come with one installed, but it is an absolute must. With all of the upgrades, we absolutely LOVE the unit. Others have had bad experiences, but I truly believe it’s all relative. Having owned several campers already, our expectations for quality control were very low. As such, we were pleasantly surprised. We’ve put almost 8k miles on the unit, and have camped in it a collective 37 days. The only issue we had was a leaking fitting on the water manifold when we run the pump. That was a super easy fix...just tightened it up. Otherwise remember, this absolutely is an entry model class A. It’s not a diesel pusher so it doesn’t have air ride suspension and the engine is in the front. It’s a bit louder than my 2016 ram 2500 with the Diesel engine was, but not much. My wife and I can comfortably converse without yelling, even when I’m not wearing my hearing aids. The house AC is MUCH quieter than any camper I’ve had before, and really keeps the unit cool. I did replace the thermostat with a digital Bluetooth unit, which was a nice upgrade. The head unit in the dash is substandard, so I replaced it with an android unit with Apple CarPlay and a 10” screen. I also put the rear view camera on its own switch so I can force it anytime I want. This has proven to be a great setup when flat towing our 4door Jeep Wrangler. Aside from the CB radio, we haven’t done anything else, and absolutely love it. BTW, I highly recommend the sumo springs and safe-t-plus. Night and day difference that makes driving this thing fun.
ChuckYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

To me, the Intent would be a downgrade from what you have. Bump to the next Class A up (Vista or Sunstar) with a fiberglass roof like you have. The Intent is a rubber roof entry level coach.
Old 08-26-2019, 07:38 PM   #6
Intent 30r 2019

We have the 30r. As others have said it is an entry level unit. We came from a C Holiday Rambler and the interior trim is less than that unit. Even with recognizing the trim level is less, we really do like it. The outside amenities are great, we utilize the sink and TV. The awning does not tilt however so that is a minus for us. The only modification is a propane line back to the outdoor "kitchen".

After driving a couple thousand miles the handling is fine. It's a bus not a truck so it is different from the C.

Positives :
Much roomier than our previous unit.
Quieter A/C, cab area
Outdoor entertainment
Still small enough to park relatively easily

Negatives :
TV in lounge area just quit working
Tank guages inaccurate
Gap at bottom of entry door which you can see the pavement below
No guage for propane
Screens on driver and passenger side windows are too small and rattle crazy. We removed and are asking for replacements.

Make up a check list and ensure that you are getting everything you need... Everyone is different, which is why there is so many different "spins" with these units.

Have fun looking!
MikeBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBrooks View Post
We have the 30r. As others have said it is an entry level unit. We came from a C Holiday Rambler and the interior trim is less than that unit. Even with recognizing the trim level is less, we really do like it. The outside amenities are great, we utilize the sink and TV. The awning does not tilt however so that is a minus for us. The only modification is a propane line back to the outdoor "kitchen".

Are you talking about the angle of the awning when extended? I thought the same thing when I first used mine. It's actually very adjustable. Look at the lower section of the awning arm that has a series of holes in them. I don't remember which holes make it extend straight out and which ones allow it to drop down. The holes in between are for putting it wherever you want in between and to also have one side lower for rain water or AC water draining. It's easiest to make the adjustment when the awning is retracted. Just push the little button and slide the section to the hole you want. Easy.