Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I ordered a 35J recently with the options that included Exterior Skin-Premium High Gloss paint. The dealer called me today and said that option did not get included in the order, he is willing to credit me for the difference or would re-order.

I've had people tell me that I want this option, the dealer doesn't think it is a big deal. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate your opinions. Once we get the unit I'll update my signature.
DSGEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I ordered a 35J recently with the options that included Exterior Skin-Premium High Gloss paint. The dealer called me today and said that option did not get included in the order, he is willing to credit me for the difference or would re-order.

I've had people tell me that I want this option, the dealer doesn't think it is a big deal. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate your opinions. Once we get the unit I'll update my signature.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

could you give me some type of description of what ES-PHG amounts to? never heard of this.

mrbojangles
mrbojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I didn't want you to feel ignored, but since I replied to your post on RV.net didn't want to just repeat myself.

Have you decided what you are going to do?
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Sounds like may be full body paint to me.

The standard finish for several years has been a high gloss finish with clear coat - or at least that is what I was told, with the full body paint as an option. I've not heard of any other finish options - but haven't been shopping the '06 or '07 specs.

If you are ordering a unit that is what you want, I would suggest that you get just that - what you want.

When we got our Adventurer there were several options that I didn't consider to be deal breakers that our coach didn't have. While I'm not dissatisfied, I still wish that we had one or two of the options.

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:11 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

DSGEM: Stick with what you originally ordered. With a purchase of this magnitude any thing less than what you want will not cut it. I wouldn't sit still for going to the back of the line again, it is their goof.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:57 AM   #7

I don't believe that Sightseers have full body paint as an option.

Don't Sightseers ALL come with the high gloss paint? I would ask your dealer to double check....I think its standard.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:31 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Full Body paint isn't an option, however the Sightseer Option List shows this...
Standard: Sidewall Skin 1-piece smooth fiberglass
Optional: Sidewall Skin premium high-gloss Vetrolite
Old 02-06-2007, 04:33 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Y-Guy:
Full Body paint isn't an option, however the Sightseer Option List shows this...
Standard: Sidewall Skin 1-piece smooth fiberglass
Optional: Sidewall Skin premium high-gloss Vetrolite </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you go....I don't believe either of those are paints...its the material...fiberglass or vetrolite.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

If you plan to keep the motorhome for many years you should get the premium Skin. The standard wall has plywood between thin fiberglass and foamboard over time,the plwood will decay (water damage) the premium thick skin walls do not need this plywood. Call the Winniebago factory on this and paint ( see if all the skin is painted White this a good for easy cleaning) Do Not get this info from your dealer.

2005 Itasca 38R Suncruiser
Frank (Wires) & Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your help. Y Guy you are correct, it is the Vetrolite that I ordered. I decided to wait until they can get me what I want. The dealer said it would be mid-March before my unit is ready. Works for me as won't use it before then and I won't have to pay for it until then.

Thanks again for your help. I'll let you know when I pick it up.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

DSGEM - That's great. You'll enjoy the 35J I am sure. Good call to wait it out I think.