Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2016, 10:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebego Adventurer Question

DW and I are considering downsizing our MH and are looking at a Winnebago that would fit what we are looking for.
The model we have looked at is the WSF 32D.
If anyone on this forum is using this particular model, could you give some pros and cons of your unit.
Thanks.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:10 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Curious as to why you want to DOWN SIZE.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

The reason for downsizeing is the rig we have now is really bigger than what we need.
Plus the DW likes the kitchen layout of the Adventure.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:39 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

We have a 2013 32H which is the predecessor of the 32D. Ours has the full wall slide on the driver's side as opposed to the two smaller slides, and only a single bedroom slide on the passenger's side.

While the floor plans are different there are some things that should be considered. When we first started looking to replace our 2001 Adventurer we wanted the same amenities. The 32H was very similar, but there are striking differences. First is the taller ceiling at 7'. It doesn't seem like much unless you're vertically challenged.

Since all the cupboards are hung from the top of the slide it's a long reach for those of us under 6' tall. I see the newest models now have a cabinet above the microwave. This is good in that our unit the bottom of the microwave is at chin height. The height makes moving hot heavy pans and dishes more difficult.

Also with the taller ceiling it's more difficult to reach and clean the AC filters, the ceiling fan screens, and the ceiling lights. Ours has a switch on the galley wall to open and turn on the ceiling vent fan. However to change the fan speed you need to reach to the top of the vent opening and rotate a switch. Hopefully this control has been moved to a more convenient location.

Some nice improvements are the that the outdoor TV is now on a frame that can be extended from the cabinet and swiveled for better viewing. We love the better ride and more power of the new chassis, and since the 2016's now have a 6 speed transmission it's another nice improvement. I also like the reintroduction of the compass on the newer models. I was surprised and somewhat shocked to see it was removed for a few years.

Other nice improvements include the (optional) on demand water heater, and the residential refrigerator.

One thing I see that is still not "technically offered" is a power passengers seat. We had one on our 2001 Adventurer and loved it. We took a tour of the factory when we were trying to decide what options to include. We asked our guide why the passengers side power seat was no longer available. His response was that while it was technically not on the options list it could be ordered. In fact he noted that any option or standard feature available on any Winnebago product could be ordered as long as it would physically fit in the motorhome we ordered.

I'm sure you'll love the latest Adventurer models. Just take time to line out all the options you want, and inquire as to the availability if there are amenities you would like, but don't see on the official list.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Hikerdogs,

You've done a service for anyone ordering a new unit. When we ordered our 2014 Forza we were told there were NO options available. We insisted it had to have the day shades [MCI] as lesser Winnebagos had them. As the bedroom was a dead air space without crossflow it must have a fan, wanted a paddle fan and had to settle for a Fantastic unit. As we have the washer/dryer option we wanted the 10 gallon water heater. We were told by "Adam" a factory rep it would be, get this, $3000.00!!!!

Further we wanted a rear ladder, we were told there was no blocking in the rear cap to fasten it to. That was an outright lie repeated again to the dealership service manager when he called Winnebago. There was blocking and we now have a rear ladder.

One can only hope someday RV manufacturers will get their act together. Business is too good with a large backlog = no incentive to be customer oriented.

Now, should we discuss quality!!!!!!
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:34 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We purchased a 32D last month and spent a couple of nights last week to check everything out prior to a trip we have planed for next week. We came out of a 30A and like the extra space the 32D gives you.
Also with the 6speed new for 16 it shifts and runs a lot better. I'd say as well as my 30A did with the 5star tune on it. Only thing I miss is the recliner that came with the 30a. The passenger seat does recline but the foot rest doesn't come up enough so maybe if I use a pillow under my legs it will be more comfortable.
The fan in the ceiling in the main salon as mentioned is turned on by a switch in the galley but if you press it again it will change speeds. I think there are 3speeds and will shut off automatically if rain is sensed.
Our problems have been minor. The outside tv doesn't work and we are waiting for a replacement and a cabinet latch wasn't installed.
Good luck on your search.
rubyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:49 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
In fact he noted that any option or standard feature available on any Winnebago product could be ordered as long as it would physically fit in the motorhome we ordered.

Interesting.

I asked a rep at "the closest dealer to WI" if I could order an Adventurer 38Q with a drop down bunk over the cab just like what is available on the Sightseer 36Z that has the exact same cab. They said they checked with WI and the answer was no with no reason given.

Since it seems the factory and dealers aren't on the same page is it possible to bypass the dealer and order direct from the factory and get what you want?????
Old 03-13-2016, 05:01 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinRVr View Post
Interesting.

I asked a rep at "the closest dealer to WI" if I could order an Adventurer 38Q with a drop down bunk over the cab just like what is available on the Sightseer 36Z that has the exact same cab. They said they checked with WI and the answer was no with no reason given.

Since it seems the factory and dealers aren't on the same page is it possible to bypass the dealer and order direct from the factory and get what you want?????
No factory orders as far as I know. Winnebago has a large dealer network and isn't willing to bypass them.

If you're in Wisconsin check out Pleasureland RV in Ramsey MN. They have several stores in MN, but we chose Ramsey because of it's location and good reports from other customers.

When we ordered our 2013 Adventurer we worked with Mark Monroe at the Ramsey store. He has many years in the business and is very knowledgeable on Winnebago products. Pleasureland sends their sales people to Winnebago seminars at the factory to not only learn what is available, but also how to operate each and every system.

We tried several dealers before being alerted to Pleasureland and in particular Mark Monroe. All communications with him prior to taking delivery were either over the phone or by e mail. We arrived at an acceptable price for a new motorhome through a series of e mails and phone calls outlining the features and options we wanted. Armed with the information from the factory tour we also asked about adding the non standard power drivers seat and a couple other non standard options.

Mark filled out a factory supplied form detailing the requests. He e mailed a copy to us before sending on to the factory. Once the factory got the form it took about 3 days to do the research and respond with prices. We agreed to the final costs and then introduced the fact that we would also like to trade in our 2001 Adventurer.

We came to an acceptable trade in price for our 2001 Adventurer by sending dozens of pictures of both the interior and exterior along with pages of maintenance records. Our first face to face meeting was when we brought our 2001 Adventurer to the dealership and took delivery of our 2013 Adventurer. The entire process was honest straight forward and painless.

Keep in mind when ordering non standard options there are limitations. The item(s) being ordered must physically fit into the coach you are ordering without modifications to either the option or the coach. Maybe we were lucky in that the items we wanted were a perfect fit. Also keep in mind that the item(s) you are ordering are considered specialty items and as such will be a bit more expensive.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:47 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:

No factory orders as far as I know.
Didn't think there was. Would totally ravage the dealer network. But if the dealers are so poor that they don't know what can/can't be ordered, maybe there should be fewer of them.....

Quote:

If you're in Wisconsin check out Pleasureland RV in Ramsey MN.
Thanks for the tip. I presume they'll take anyone's money, including someone from the west coast, so if I wanted to pursue a custom order I can just call them and work through the process.
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:58 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

I know the question is about a 32D but I only have knowledge of the 32H. The Adventurer is Winnebago's top of the line gas coach. We live in North Central Iowa and tow a Mini Cooper Countryman. The 32H is a great size. We often have our granddaughter with us and sometimes her parents too and there is plenty of room for all. We have never been in a campground where we couldn’t find a site that wouldn’t accommodate the 32H. We have had longer units where finding sites long enough was a problem. The 32H handles extremely well and the Triton V10 has more than enough power to handle any situation. We don’t even know the Mini is back there.
PatsDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:09 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

OP bought the rig in his signature....

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/new-coach-283461.html

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:39 AM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Sorry I didn't get in here and say something earlier but things kinda have been a blur since we got the new coach.
Appreciate all the answers but we got an offer we couldn't refuse.

Tags
vent