Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-06-2021, 08:58 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Hi,

In 2004, my wife and I ba new 24-foot Winnebago "Minnie Winnie". In 2012, we traded it in on a 30-foot 2011 Itasca "SunStar" Model IFE20W Class A. All that I can say is that Itasca/Winnebago must have shipped the quality of their cabinetry to China somewhere in between those years. IMHO, the reduction in quality of the later model's cabinetry is very apparent... I have had to repair several cabinets in the 2011 model, while I never had to repair any in the 2004 model.
Alta Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 09:44 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta Sierra View Post
All that I can say is that Itasca/Winnebago must have shipped the quality of their cabinetry to China somewhere in between those years. IMHO, the reduction in quality of the later model's cabinetry is very apparent...
Winnebago's in-house cabinet shop makes all of their wood furnishings in the motorhome. What happened is to save money (and a little weight) they went from solid wood cabinet construction to solid wood Doors and particle board frames with fake vinyl woodgrain "tape" on the rest of the cabinets.

Every other RV and TT manufacturer with models in your price range did this as well. It's almost universal in every RV of every class in the industry. They have all done this their below luxury level RVs.

My 2017 Adventurer has solid wood cabinets throughout... but they discontinued the line in 2018 and then reintroduced the nameplate in 2019 by renaming a previously less expensive model (the Vista LX) as the "New" Adventurer. So, with this change the wood work changed just like yours did on an earlier model from solid wood throughout to wood doors and particle board framing.

Some models of Winnebago motorhomes (Horizon, View, etc) with glossy "European" cabinets have their cabinets made by an Italian company. But Winnebago purchased the company and has even moved some of their production to the US. I'm not positive, but I don't think it's real wood either. Just plywood with glossy woodgrained veneers.

Tags
repair, winnebago