Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-28-2018, 08:04 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Voyage with 3 slides

We recently bought a New to us Winnebago Voyage with 3 slides. We bought it at a great price, it needed a bit of work but it's now looking and functioning great
BillB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:10 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

So far the most troubling thing we found with ours was that the seam caulk on both sides of the MH was completely dried out, but because of it's condition it was easy to remove, which we did. We then used alcohol to clean the seams very well and then re-calked them. Not a hard job but a time consuming one none the less. We also had to replace the converter located under the refrigerator. Once again not hard but by the time I removed the drawer and the drawer frame to gain access then but everything back it was a 3hrs job.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:32 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillB100 View Post
Once again not hard but by the time I removed the drawer and the drawer frame to gain access then but everything back it was a 3hrs job.
Only three hours and everything worked, I'd say you are in good shape for things to come.

We're looking forward to hearing about more projects.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
Site Team

Hi Bill, I moved your posts and the responses to it to it's own thread in the Class A forum. You had posted initially in someone else's Welcome Mat thread. It's best to start new threads about your specific comments or issues rather than divert someone else's Welcome thread away from them.

It's true that they had the same RV model as you are posting about - but this move should help both that original poster in the other thread and you receive the most relevant responses.

Hope this helps and good luck with the great new rig.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

After the calking job was completed and the converter was removed and a new one installed I added a vent cover over the fantastic fan and one over the vent in the bathroom. I don't get why someone would not add these vent covers when they first buy their rig. They allow the vents to be left open in light rain and allow moisture to escape when needed. My wife would have it no other way than I add a bat wing to the
wineguard antenna She says it really improves the picture. (I can't tell much difference) I also replaced the crank handle on the antenna and fixed a loose latch on the glove box.
Some time in the future I'll need to replace the two TV's give the rig a hand wax job before winter and finish fixing the awning, parts will be in this week on this. All things considered we paid $40,000 for this 07 Voyage with 17,000 miles and very little wrong with it. I'm a happy camper.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

So, which 2007 model is your Voyage? It's a good idea to add this info to your signature. For example, mine has "2002 Itasca Suncruiser 35U W20 Chassis". This helps those responding to you post to be more specific with respect to your motorhome.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote