Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2015, 08:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago vista 30t

Hello all! My wife and I will be buying a new entry level coach next year. We want a class a and love the floor plan of the vista 30 t. Does anyone have this coach? What are your likes and dislikes. In the entry level class a world this seems to be a better choice?

Thanks in advance to everyone, Steve
Wingrydr57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:43 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

If a humble opinion from an RV tech matters, you won't go wrong with a Winnebago. IMHO, they are at the top of the low end coaches as for minimal problems and easy to repair when problems do arise. Factory support is generally good as well.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:54 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Nice looking coach. I'd get the Buffet with the TV. You will get a sore neck if it is in the front up high. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

[QUOTE=rgreen45;2677433]If a humble opinion from an RV tech matters, you won't go wrong with a Winnebago. IMHO, they are at the top of the low end coaches as for minimal problems and easy to repair when problems do arise. Factory support is generally good as well.[/QUOTE

Thanks for your input! We looked at a forest river fr3 and took it for a test ride. We did like it but some things were made really cheap and I didn't like the rubber roof .
Wingrydr57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago vista 30t

We have a 30T and are very happy with it. We have been full timing since the fist of April and have no issues. There was a recall that I had taken care of at CW but that has been all. We looked at longer class As but the extra 2 to 3 feet we were looking at did not get us the floor plan we wanted. We have the TV cabinet with slide out table in the slide behind the driver and highly recommend this layout as was mentioned in one of the other posts. No regrets for us. Wish list would have been for a larger shower and a better couch. But these are typical items that most coaches could do better with. When comparing other units (beside the floor plan) look at the amount of Bay storage you get With the 30T, very respectable.

Sent from my iPhone6 using iRV2 mobile
Old 08-03-2015, 07:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

To demonstrate people have different opinions, we purchased a 30T new last September. We specifically did not want the sliding table and chairs so got the booth and have no regrets. The reasons for this choice are: 1/. My wife likes to sprawl out on the couch to watch tv. 2/. We spend 6 months of the year in our RV and travel most days. I did not like the thought of having to secure the chairs each time we moved to remove the risk of being hit by a chair in an accident. 3/. I like to work at the booth while watching TV. 4/. The booth gives us an easy to make up bed for grand kids.

However a friend has a 30T with the table and loves it, so I suggest you try both and get your mind around your needs.

The 30T is our 4th RV we have had in the U.S. and the second Winnebago. It is the best handling RV we have had. The issues we have had have been with components not made by Winnebago, the slides and the jacks, but hopefully Winnebago is getting on top of this with their supplier.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2014 Vista 30T
Peter27C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:05 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We purchased our 2012 30T in April-traded in a 2004-30' Sightseer. The buffet/ sliding table floor plan with the TV above it plus the bedroom slide were the deciding points to us. We feel it suits our needs better than the dinette style seating. We looked to upgrade to get a bedroom slide for more bedroom storage and found this unit and fell in love.

The basement storage in the 12 model year 30T is not what it is now nor what we had on the sightseer. We knew that going in and when I got rid of stuff I packed and never used it worked for us. We measured and checked twice before purchasing.

We dry camp a lot in the desert and Winnebago has the larger holding/water tanks than the competition in this size range as did our Sightseer-they are identical. Makes for a big difference for us.

Just goes to show as stated-beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we feel the 30T is a beauty!

This site has a lot of info on the 30T as far as upgrades, modifications, etc. that owners have done that you will find useful and informative since no unit is flawless and some of the problems have been had and solved by others. Love this site.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:27 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2015 Vista 30T. We special ordered the coach with different flooring and leather from the Itasca Sunstar Brownstone decor. Also ordered with the "all-weather upgrade" option consisting of two roof top AC's. larger gen set and auto transfer switch. For a 30 foot MH, this unit has lots of indoor and outdoor storage including plenty of pass thru storage. We went with the buffet table with built in TV. I'm tall, so I like the full length bed. The floor plan is just great.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:01 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Great discussion and info. We are looking at the 2016 vista lx 30t and trying to decide if we need 2 ACs. We live in Texas and the temps are in triple digits right now. Some people say it depends on the insulation in the unit. Any opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance, seaturtle
seaturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

We went with the 36Y just few dollars more but way worth it. Try to see both if you can before you decide. Lot more upgrades and space ... better bang for the buck.... perfect for us we love it.

Texas Boomers and FMCA members
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:28 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Loved my 30t. It really lives large. We traded for Winnebago 38q to have washer/ dryer and more room as we increased our Rving when we got the 30t.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:42 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Seaturtle, with temps over 90 degrees, I would go with the two AC option. At home, I am unable to park a motorhome larger than about 30'. So the 30T worked out really well.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:18 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

We've been looking at mh's to replace our 15 yo unit. We had narrowed our search to Winnebago and Newmar. The 30T was one we were interested in until we had a slight change of mind and started looking at models with bunk beds. Both manufacturers offer a short, low end coach with them and after some research have opted to get serious about the Newmar. We think the available storage, fit and finish, tank capacities, living area fit our desires a bit better.

The 2016 30T being in the new LX series may be right for you. Good luck.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago