Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Intent: has exhaust fan right above cooktop?

Winnebago Intent: does it have exhaust fan right above cooktop? If no, how to deal with cooking smell and cooking gas exhaust? thanks.
beautifulday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Upon doing a quick search, you did not give size of unit so I looked at a 26. In the pictures it seems the microwave is above the cook top. This would lead me to believe that the microwave has the exhaust fan built into it. Now the unit could be either a self circulating fan or push the exhaust out through a side vent. Hope this helps.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:52 AM   #3
Site Team

I’ve seen other Intent owners mention a ceiling fan located near the cooktop. I don’t know about there being another fan above the cooktop, other posters will chime in I’m sure.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:03 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

What year, what model, and size are always critical items when looking for info on RV as there are tons of different options.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:00 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

In our Vista 29V, there is a ceiling fan very near the microwave, as @creativepart stated. We have a microwave, but IIRC it does not have a vent fan.

San Francisco Bay Area
sundog964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 12:49 PM   #6
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulday View Post
Winnebago Intent: does it have exhaust fan right above cooktop? If no, how to deal with cooking smell and cooking gas exhaust? thanks.
We have the Intent 26m, and there is no vent fan built into the microwave, just a really lame two speed (noisy and noisier) ceiling exhaust fan “near” the stove area, that we swapped out for the Maxxair larger fan with ten speeds,

The OEM fan can’t expel any smoke fast enough to stop our smoke detector from going off, which it used to do all of the time.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

X2. You have to have at least the kitchen window fully open to lower the chances of the smoke alarm going off, which is a good idea anyway with the stove or oven on. It’s better still with a cross breeze.
Not a great design. Like Wyatt, I also put in a MaxxAir fan. No more issue.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
We have the Intent 26m, and there is no vent fan built into the microwave, just a really lame two speed (noisy and noisier) ceiling exhaust fan “near” the stove area, that we swapped out for the Maxxair larger fan with ten speeds,

The OEM fan can’t expel any smoke fast enough to stop our smoke detector from going off, which it used to do all of the time.
Maxxair Fan does the job. great! But need some work for installation. Even with Maxxair fan, still like to open windows for more fresh air.

All Intent windows are frame windows, and they can be slide open fully for fresh cross air. That is great. But it does not work well during raining days. Is it possible to ask winnebago to replace some(at least two) with frameless windows (open from bottom) for raining day ventilation when placing an RV order?
Old 12-06-2020, 04:49 PM   #9
Intent 30r 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulday View Post
The 2019 30r has a fan as part of the microwave and my wife informs me there is a fan in the stove top.
MikeBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBrooks View Post
The 2019 30r has a fan as part of the microwave and my wife informs me there is a fan in the stove top.
Does the stove top fan under the microwave have exhaust duct to push smoke outside, or just internal circulation?
Old 12-06-2020, 05:30 PM   #11
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBrooks View Post
I think she's confusing the fan in the microwave is just for the microwave, and the vent at the back of the stove top doesn't have a downdraft fan.

If you look above the stovetop, under the microwave there's a metal plate, and a light, no fan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 4.28.43 PM.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	176136  

Tags
fan, winnebago