Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2007, 06:12 AM   #1

HERE is some good views of the new Destination at Lazyday's. There is also a good "virtual" view of the galley and bedroom.

Apparently this is on the new Workhorse UFO with the 8.1 gas engine.

A couple of personal comments:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>The ceiling appears to be the cloth ceilings of the Sightseer/Voyage line...no cross trim or "padding" the upper end units have.

The front and rear caps are something that I believe only a mom would love.

The curved cabinets up front?....uh....ehh.

Cheap Sightseer plastic sink in the bathroom...(for a coach at $174K?) Not badmouthing the Sighteer plastic sinks, as we have a plastic sink also, but our MSRP was tens of thousands less than this unit is!!

Nice entertainment area!!

Nice stovetop, but NO MICROWAVE?

VERY small fridge...enough for a weekend at most.

Incadescent lighting light fixtures on ceiling only...no floresent lighting.

No clock or anything above the door.[/list]On edit....after studying the curved cabinets...I'm kinda liking them now.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:12 AM   #2

HERE is some good views of the new Destination at Lazyday's. There is also a good "virtual" view of the galley and bedroom.

Apparently this is on the new Workhorse UFO with the 8.1 gas engine.

A couple of personal comments:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>The ceiling appears to be the cloth ceilings of the Sightseer/Voyage line...no cross trim or "padding" the upper end units have.

The front and rear caps are something that I believe only a mom would love.

Cheap Sightseer plastic sink in the bathroom...(for a coach at $174K?) Not badmouthing the Sighteer plastic sinks, as we have a plastic sink also, but our MSRP was tens of thousands less than this unit is!!

No clock or anything above the door.[/list]On edit....after studying the curved cabinets...I'm kinda liking them now.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

If this unit is gas...is the engin mounted in the back of the unit? Why is the entrance door not moved up to the front of the unit?
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:29 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by offshore:
If this unit is gas...is the engin mounted in the back of the unit? Why is the entrance door not moved up to the front of the unit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's on the UFO...Universal Floor Plan by Workhorse, rear engine coach, allowing for various floor plans. The floor plan is chosen by the coach makers.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:37 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I was at LazyDays this past Friday and spent a few minutes in it:

Bathroom is a bit cramped for the layout. Sink was as FrontRangeRver indicated.

Finished edges on passage doors weren't really finished, they needed to be eased with a sanding block.

Cabinet doors and drawer faces were left sharp and could be great finger pinchers.

Ceiling joints were already uneven and showing through the fabric covering.

Over all it could have been exceptional however lackluster workmanship severly detracted from the overall impression.

Adventurer 38T seems to give you more quality for what it costs.

It possibly was a greater dissapointment considering the promise of the UFO chassis it is riding on.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:42 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the link. You're right, the cabinets are very different. I also noticed the sofa isn't electric and doesn't have built in ottoman's. Interior storage also looks limited with no overhead cabintes above the dinette. I wonder how it handles?
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #7
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fakrwee:
I wonder how it handles? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The one I drove handled great! The interior was also very quiet underway which is important if you're building a rear engined motorhome.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

If you look at the TV you will notice that when the slide is in, you cannot watch, the solid wall of the slide blocks the screen. (need to add a window)

The oven located below the stove is a combination microwave, convection. Location was explained to me so you would not have to reach for hot items

If you sit in the coach for a time it begins to grow on you. The off set slides give you the feeling of a large amount of room.

Front rounded cabinets really have a lot of storage. You must remember this is a new type design and not the old MH interior but geared to younger RVers.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:25 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:
The front and rear caps are something that I believe only a mom would love. I'm not even sure if that is true

Don't like

No clock or anything above the door.[/LIST]On edit....after studying the curved cabinets...I'm kinda liking them now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:57 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

WOW, the nose of that thing looks straight out of the front of the Griswald's car in the original Vacation movie. all that is missing is a nother set of headlights.
Hmmm, I wonder if you can set a beer on the shelf above the headlights.
I am disappointed in that for the price of that coach, the wheels are steel. I would have expected nice Alcoas.
The interior is actually pretty nice. the rounded cabinetry looks modern and stylish. It almost looks like someone took some hints from Airstream styling. It is very homey/residential looking. I like it.
To me, the interior and exterior seem to be from different styling camps and just don't match.
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

39 footer on a 20,700 lb chassis?! Is this going to be one of those where you'll be overloaded as soon as you go in and sit down?

Don't like open stove concept (don't use mine much...like the cover!) Curved cabinetry is growing on me too. What is that above the stove? Looks out of place.

Guess I'd really have to see one first-hand...but there is something missing here. (Quality?)

Rose
Old 04-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RRT2:
39 footer on a 20,700 lb chassis?! Is this going to be one of those where you'll be overloaded as soon as you go in and sit down?

Don't like open stove concept (don't use mine much...like the cover!) Curved cabinetry is growing on me too. What is that above the stove? Looks out of place.

Guess I'd really have to see one first-hand...but there is something missing here. (Quality?)

Rose </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quality is what is missing. The headliner alone had more defects then many 10 year old units. The curved cabinets initially give a modern appearance but when you look at the fit and finish of the cabinets and other millwork the lack is quite apparent.

I designed and maintained millwork and door manufacturing equipment so maybe I am being too fussy but whoever put this one together would not have remained employed with us for long.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:38 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

It looks like it be kind of hard on you're neck looking at the TV if you're sitting on the sofa.
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #14
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RRT2:
39 footer on a 20,700 lb chassis?! Is this going to be one of those where you'll be overloaded as soon as you go in and sit down? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Rose, The salesman that mounted the ad is not the brightest bulb in the marquee. The Workhorse UFO has a 26,000 pound gross vehicle weight rating, (GVWR), and a 30,000 gross combined weight rating, (GCWR).
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:37 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

I like the inside pretty well, but the exterior, especially the front and rear caps are "awful". You can't design something that ugly. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that is what my eye's see.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:09 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, DriVer! DH didn't think it sounded right. I didn't take the time to search it out (dial-up modem @ 40k...phooey!)

Stout's is having a rally for us local WITs in a couple of weeks...found out a little while ago that a Destination should be coming in on the lot next week. Wonder if they'd let me test drive it? Wheee! Will have to take my little digital camera with me and get pics.

Rose
Old 04-17-2007, 07:36 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Rose:

Pretty sure it was a Destination DH and I looked at when we were at Stoudt's last week. We didn't care for the floorplan overall but also didn't like the cupboards etc.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Hmmm...well, Savannah, that could be very true. Did just verify with my contact there that a 39W gasser is coming soon...and a Diesel is coming soon too.

The huge showroom at Stout's is in the process of being converted over to a Camping World (Yay!!! No more 2' drive to Louisville!)...it was a real mess this a.m. with the metal wall supports going everywhere! And noisy too with the walls being hung with power tools! R R R !) Saw a sign "apply at Camping World" ...maybe I should get me a part time job and stay off the streets!!

Rose
Old 04-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

Well, I really wanted to like this design. It's very innovative and I'm tired of the "same old - same old" designs. I like the inside for the most part, but that front cap totally kills it for me. It also looks like they did everything possible to cheapen the inside. In addition to what's already been pointed out, I noticed that the windows only have only a top valance - there is no valance (or whatever it's called) down the side. So when the day-night shade is up you're looking at strings stretched down the wall - very classy... Oh, and the day-night shades are night shades only. Maybe they think the windows are tinted enough that we don't need the day shades.

I have a hard time bashing Winnie when it comes to value. I always thought they offered the best bang for the buck, but when it comes to $174K for this one - I don't see it...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:01 PM   #20

Tom, I didn't notice the lack of the side valances or night shades....it's looking more like a Vista to me....

The Winnebago box on the nice Workhorse UFO is amazingly lacking.... For that price, you can get a FULLY LOADED Adventurer on the W-24.