Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-17-2007, 02:43 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Funny you should mention adventurer - I'm at the Sun-n-fun fly-in in Lakeland, FL and Lazydays has their Destination here for the week. They made the mistake of parking an Adventurer right beside it. Talk about beauty and the beast! All bashing aside, I'm here for the week so if anyone would like me to check out a particular detail on the Destination, just PM me or post it here and I'll be glad to do it.

It does have night shades, it just doesn't have the lower "day shade" part.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:49 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Actually, the Destination/ Latitude is priced above the Journey/ Meridian 36 SE models, that include day-nite shades, 4 door fridge, air suspension, air brakes, engine retarder, vinyl ceiling, and more. What is Winnes justification?

Dave
Shuffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:19 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

I also noticed that the patio awning is mounted to the rear slideout, kinda short and no coverage over the entry door. You'd probably want to mount a second awning on the front half to get some shade over the front 4 windows an some protection from the rain going in/out of the main door.
-Bill
Old 04-18-2007, 07:04 AM   #24

My opinion is that Winnebago is going to regret the box they put on the UFO. How many of these do they think they will sell?

Here is another missing item....DRIVERS DOOR....LOL

How 'bout the lack of nice little touches like wall lamps over the bed in the bedroom, or over the couch in the living area????

How 'bout the TV is angled AWAY from the couch?

This is a Vista for $174....anyone want one just because of the chassis?
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:44 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

I noticed on a friend of mine who has a new winnebago popular make. He has far fewer amenities inside than his old 2001 model. This is a disturbing move. This Destination may well be Winnebago's Edsel.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

Duner - That rear slideout is much bigger than your typical bedroom slide. It's gotta be about 20' long. So there's plenty of awning length, but as you said, no protection over the door. However, it does solve the problem of the awning coming out over the top of a slider and then having to stick straight out. Actually, it's one of the few things that I liked about the unit.

BTW, the Adventurer that was parked next to it has already sold. They took it back to Lazydays to get it ready for delivery and brought over another Adventurer.

Incidentally, the TV is a HDTV - maybe that's where the $174k comes from. Oh, and the salesman said they would be glad to change out the plastic sink and toilet for china.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:51 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomsm:
Duner - That rear slideout is much bigger than your typical bedroom slide. It's gotta be about 20' long. So there's plenty of awning length, but as you said, no protection over the door. However, it does solve the problem of the awning coming out over the top of a slider and then having to stick straight out. Actually, it's one of the few things that I liked about the unit.

BTW, the Adventurer that was parked next to it has already sold. They took it back to Lazydays to get it ready for delivery and brought over another Adventurer.

Incidentally, the TV is a HDTV - maybe that's where the $174k comes from. Oh, and the salesman said they would be glad to change out the plastic sink and toilet for china. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Adventurer next to it, was that the internet special? Look out for coaches with a green dot on the windshield those are the student driver coaches used by the driver confidence course.

The sink upgrade would be nice but won't make up for the lack of fit and finish in the rest of the coach. I made door processing equipment and maintaind glue lines and presses. I also made and tested the molds and made the prototypes from those molds of interior passage doors and curved panels/cabinet doors. These items in this unit are severly lacking. All the door sizing equipment I made or repaired had easers (sanding drums at 45 degree angels) to automatically take the sharp edges off the 4 side edges of the passage door being processed.

The passage doors in these coaches were not processed on equipment with easers and were not manually eased either. These rough edges can snag your clothing or cut you badly if you get pinched by them.

The cabinet door and drawer faces were left too sharp in many places and would not have passed muster in our cabinet shop. The finishing shop would have caught this and either sent them back to be redone or would have fixed them before running them through the spray booth and sent a memo back to the cabinet shop manager to let him know of the problem.

For the same money or less you can buy a more upscale and better finished product from Winnibago and many other manufacturers that will give you more bang for the buck.