Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Adventurer 38G TV audio

In my 2006 adventurer 38G, my entertainment system consists of a Sony DVD/VCR/AM/FM Radio Amplifier, A SONY WEGA TV, a DISH Satellite Receiver and a Switch Box. When I play a DVD, all 5 of my ceiling mounted speakers play the audio and it sounds great. When I play my TV, I cannot get the audio to come through the ceiling speakers regardless of what I do to include putting the speaker switch on the dash to the TV position. The audio just comes thru the TV speakers. Does anyone know what is needed to play TV audio thru the ceiling speakers? I seem to think I have one of the audio controls on the wrong setting. Any ideas out there...Thanks ahead of time...
cnjcampione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:51 AM   #2

On my 2006 Voyage, my speaker set up works exactly like yours does, and I have the exact same components. When you are not playing DVDs and using the Sony DVD player, sound only comes out the TV.
MntDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I have a different DVD/amplifier than you have but here is what I do:
1. Set dash switch to TV
2. Turn on DVD
3. Push Function button on DVD to set the display so that it reads AV IN
4. Push the menu button on the TV remote and set Effect to Simulated
5. The Options setting on the TV should be Speaker Off and the Audio output should be Variable

This should do it for you. Number 3 is the only one that you will have to hunt around for on your own DVD unit. You should be able to find instructions in your Winnebago folder that came with your unit.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

While you and Doug both have the same TV, you have different DVD/Home Theater systems. TV side Audio output setup is the same but DVD side is different.
On the Sony DVD/Home Theater system, you have to select the Video Input on the remote and then select Line 1 input (). For the 2006 Adventure 38J, Winnebago used the Video 1 input (Line 1; On rear of Sony DVD unit) as a Audio only channel. The jacks (Video/L/R) on the front of the player are for Video 2 (Line 2) input.
2006 Adventure 38J Wiring diagram TOC page: Table of Contents

DVD wiring: http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_153031.pdf
As shown in top left corner of pdf page 2, you use sheets 3 and 8 for your 2006 Adventure G38J (pdf pages 4 and 9).

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Adventurer 38G Audio

Dave,
Thanks for your response. I'm still confused. when I get to my SONY DVD/VHS player and select L1 input, I get nothing. I think my wiring is hooked up correctly because at one time, I could listen to the TV thru the ceiling and center speakers but something has changed. One of my audio settings has changed or something like that.
It still does not work..
cnjcampione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:29 AM   #6

Charlie, I'm in the same boat as neither of the responses above changed anything for me. Moving an audio line to a video input makes no sense whatever. My system is still the same as yours. Might want to try the Winnie forum at RvForum.net.
MntDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

speakers

This may sound crazy but I had a similar problem with my surround sound. I could not get surround sound from the tv regardless of where I set the different switches. Took it to a Winnebago dealer and they found the CIGARETTE LIGHTER was bad!!!!! They replaced it and everything worked great!! Turns out the lighter and surround sound are on the same circuit and when the lighter failed, it disconnected all other items in that circuit!! Not sure this will solve your problem but should be easy to find out. Good Luck
JBroadaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

My reply was based on the wiring diagrams above and the parts book for a 2006 Adventure G38J indicating you have:
TV: Sony model 27FS120 (http://www.docs.sony.com/release/KV27FS120rev2.pdf)

DVD: http://www.docs.sony.com/release/HTV700DP.pdf

Rather than run around in circles I used snapshots from those manuals and and the winnebago wiring diagram to make:

Note when reading the following closely read the wording of Composite video (Video 1 at TV) vs Component Video (Video 4 at TV)
As you can see:
1) The audio output from the TV is being feed to the Video 1 input on the DVD which is being usd as a audio only input channel. Both Charlies and Dougs rigs are wired this way. Doug however does not have a Sony DVD and I could not locate a pdf version of the Memorex unit. Per the directions in the coach operators manaul, you have to use the set up menus on the TV to select Varible Audio output. Procedure is in the TV manual. For Charlie, on the DVD player remote, you have to select the Video button (not DVD) and then use the input button to select Line 1 (Video 1). That will route TV audio out through the Ground Loop Filter then into the Sony LIne 1 input. You can then use the DVD volumn control (or TV volumn since Variable was selected) to adjust the surrond sound volumn.

2) Per the Sony manual, the Sony DVD unit will only supply DVD video out over the Component video path (the green one). Unfortunatly, the TV was designed such that the Component Video input path (Video 4) has seperate audio inputs. The Sony DVD only provides 1 set of Video channel Audio outputs which the Winnebago designer only routed to to the Video 1 input channel (with composite video). With no audio input to the TV Video 4 channel you CANNOT hear the DVD audio at the TV. You could get two "Y" adaptor cables and feed the audio from the DVD to both video 1 and 4.

As I hope you can see, you have to perform set up procedures at multiple place (TV, DVD, Control Center) in order to route Video and audio information through the system. I wish it could be simplier but when using seperate componets it becomes a necessary evil that requires you to understand how each device is connected and setup for various purposes.

Good luck (I rest my case ),

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

TV sound

I had the same problem. Coming out of the back of the TV there is a 2 conductor wire with RED and WHITE RCA connectors on the ends. These are connected to matching wires that come out of the overhead and go to the Surround sound amplifier. Just a thought - they may not be connected.
Amplifier is working if it works for the radio, it also should work for the V
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago