Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #61
Winnebago Camper

Need help also

I have also pulled out the carpet and put in allure flooring. I found the corner behind the driver seat lower the pan the rear. Found underneath a bracket with a bolt and lock nut , the lock nut was loose. Measured the rear end and adjusted to same distance. It did even the two ends. My problem is traveling in about 5 to 6inches it drops and scares the flooring. My coach is a 2004 Itasca sun cruiser 35u 37 footer. So I want to know more not sure I can do it but you never know
leadfoot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:19 PM   #62
Winnebago Camper

Need help too

OOPS!!!!!!!!!!

Should have read my post before posting it. the front corner of the slide floor was about an I/8 inch lower than the opposite end. I was able to fix that after finding the loose adjustments jam nut loose. Not sure where you wrapped the carpet nor where you put the other piece. When my slide is extended fully there is a metal curved piece it it. Will try to get pictures tomorrow. My slide is like the one in the picture above. I just cannot figure out why the one side pops and drops down about 5-6 inches in. I think I am in over my capability.

Liz
2004 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
Old 08-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #63
Winnebago Camper

If you did not move the slide out off of the floor before installing the LVT then you more than likely did not remove the old glide from the bottom of the ramp and replace with a new carpet covered glide and you did not install your new floor to the edge of the floor and place a new PVC ramp on top of the new floor at the edge.

It is normal for the slide to drop about 1/2" after it travels about 3" inward from the fully extended position and rise about 1/2" as it finishes the last 3" of its travel outward.

I know of a man that installs LVT without removing the slide but do not know all of his technique. He does recommend that when moving the slide in that at least three pieces of LVT be used face down on the new floor to protect it from the polyethylene glide. You may give that a try and see if it works for you.

I know from experience you cannot remove all of the carpet from the floor without removing the slide. You may have some carpet wadded up under the slide that is causing your problem.

Here is a breakdown of the last picture above from Jbmsr:
You see his fingers are holding down the seal and are up against a 3/8" piece of plywood. That piece of plywood is the original ramp that has the edge of the interior floor's carpet stapled to the top of it. This ramp is about 3" wide and has a 45 degree beveled edge on the inside to allow the glide attached to the slide to easily move on top of the ramp when the slide is being extended. Also notice above the ramp and carpet there is a black metal piece which holds a piece of polyethylene plastic that glides on the surface of the carpet. Also notice above the glide is a 1/8" piece of luan and then the bottom aluminum skin of the slide.
papamiket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #64
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
well, I removed all the carpet from main floor without removing the slide
Old 08-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #65
Winnebago Camper

Need Help Too

I did get all the carpet and spent a lot of time cleaning the glue off. cleaned outside underneath to remove the glue. checked it just before it drop so I could see under the edge. All is clear. Until I started reading the post about it I did not know about the glide strip. I read what Jesse did and I will do that just not sure I can do it.

Liz
Old 08-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #66
Winnebago Camper

Need Help Too

Well after more reading and study I'm not sure where I am. I have removed all carpet including the the slide out. I'm not sure about the lift and slide in of the slide, but it dosesnot lift the new flooring just marks it. It confused me when you put the polymer in and overlapped the new flooring. When my slide is out the floor is level and you would then see the polymer. not sure were each piece fits. I know where the bottom of the slide is and see the shoe mine is round with a black plastic wrapped around it . It is missing in spots. I have cleaned it all very very good. I do have one question. Where did you get your polymer? I guess my minds eye just can't see the whole picture. My minds eye is blurry.

Liz
2004 Itasca Suncruiser 37'
Life is too Short. Eat your desert first
Old 08-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #67
Winnebago Owner

polymer? please explain
Old 08-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #68
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot2 View Post
Well after more reading and study I'm not sure where I am. I have removed all carpet including the the slide out. I'm not sure about the lift and slide in of the slide, but it dosesnot lift the new flooring just marks it. It confused me when you put the polymer in and overlapped the new flooring. When my slide is out the floor is level and you would then see the polymer. not sure were each piece fits. I know where the bottom of the slide is and see the shoe mine is round with a black plastic wrapped around it . It is missing in spots. I have cleaned it all very very good. I do have one question. Where did you get your polymer? I guess my minds eye just can't see the whole picture. My minds eye is blurry.

Liz

2004 Itasca Suncruiser 37'

Life is too Short. Eat your desert first

Liz I found the polymer at an airboat repair shop In Florida but I am sure you can get it on line. It replaces the wood ramp. The shoe you see needs to come off and be wrapped with carpet and reinstalled to once again have your slide out system inner weight riding against two materials that won't wear. (Carpet to polymer/was polymer to carpet.)
Jesse
(Jbmsr)
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #69
Winnebago Master

Liz
You can do this. I read more carefully and know now that you have a "flat floor slide". when it is extended it drops and is flush with the rest of the floor. My post on here was a slide system that did not drop down. Disregard the ramp and concern yourself with covering the shoe and adjusting the slide out. . Also remember that as an end result the thickness of the materials replaced (carpet and flooring) needs to be the same as the materials removed.
Jesse
Old 08-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #70
Winnebago Camper

Jesse

Yes it is a drop down flush floor. I have pics but for some reason can't upload. The trim outside with the slide in is off about I/8 off . if you send your email address I can send pics directly to you. I do appreciate all your help and do not want to over step any bounds about giving out personal information
Old 08-11-2014, 03:02 PM   #71
Winnebago Master

I will send it to you. I would like to see the pictures. Would it be okay if I post them on here to help others?
I especially would like to see the worn foot.
Jesse
Old 08-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #72
Winnebago Camper

My slide also does not drop thus the ramp and glide shoe.
Wrapping your existing glide shoe with carpet is definitely the most economical solution.
The carpet on the new glide I used for my slide was of the type you find in boats. It doesn't run when cut or drilled and is very high density. It is probably about 3/16" thick and compressed to just about an 1/8" thick.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #73
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
well, I removed all the carpet from main floor without removing the slide
I am amazed!
You must have developed some special tools and techniques!
Glide sitting on the carpet and so many staples!
Old 08-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #74
Winnebago Master

Hi Papamiket
Looking at the outside of your slide out there is a feature trim at the bottom that should line up with the rest of the coach feature trim front and back if the slide hight adjustments are correct. That being said if the thickness of the materials removed is different than the materials replaced the slide out outer seal may not seal correctly in the retracted position.

Old carpet removed compressed.
Old padding removed compressed
=A

New floor replaced.
New shoe carpet.
=B

A and B should be the same.

Sounds like you have a non flat floor slide system. I was were you are at now and I first seen it the same as you. This sounds difficult but it's not. Your slide out needs to be over extended to get the old wood ramp out and install the new polymer ramp.
Btw in the over extend position you can get to the shoe easy from underneath.
(Remember again that removed material thickness against replacement material thickness is important here too.) let me know if you need help with over extending the slide.
Jesse
Old 08-11-2014, 09:59 PM   #75
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
polymer? please explain
Saw Slick, teflon slider plate, self lubricated plastic glide, etc. Used instead of rollers or casters on tables and fences of tools to allow materials to be fed through more easily. Available in a variety of thicknesses from films to dimensional sizes like lumber.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:37 AM   #76
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamiket View Post
I am amazed!
You must have developed some special tools and techniques!
Glide sitting on the carpet and so many staples!
I have LOTS of experience.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:52 AM   #77
Winnebago Camper

I like the spiund of teflon slider stick. T plastic polymer also sounds good. I comes in different thickness. have to do research again. I sure have learned a lot in the last two weeks thanks to all of your post. Thank You all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inside floor behind driver seat.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	70587   Click image for larger version

Name:	seal where slide meets floor.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	70588  

Old 08-12-2014, 05:57 AM   #78
Winnebago Camper

more pics

just learned how to upload
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 (2).jpg
Views:	235
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	70589   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3-2.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	70590  

Old 08-12-2014, 06:10 AM   #79
Winnebago Master

Winnebago Adventurer 35U Slide out update for replacing carpet with vinyl

Liz
Thanks for the pictures. I would like more if you can. Let's get your feature molding to match first. I just adjusted this system recently in Hurricane Mills Tn at Loretta Lynn's campground. A couple camping next to us from Texas needed to return home and there slide failed to retract it was so far out of adjustment. They said that it had never worked that well and left for home the next day. It was awesome to be able to help them. The one picture of the slide rams has all adjustment points in view. Let me know when you are ready.
Jesse
Old 08-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #80
Winnebago Camper

It will be thursday or friday. I sent you some more pictures. I will upload more tomorrow I have to resize. My slide has never worked right. I took it two different dealers and one really messed it up. Had to redo myself. I was thinking of getting a sheet of Teflon or plastic poly to used not sure yet. Again thank you.

Tags
winnebago, slide, carpet