Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Adventurer 32H

Does anyone own a 2013 Adventurer 32H? Seriously considering trading in my 2007 35' DP for this gas MH. Any issues or recurring problems? I know this is a Winnebago forum but what is your experience with Winnebago in general. This particular MH is at Camping World in Bakersfield and so far I haven't been too impressed with their communication or lack of. Any experience here? Thanks for opinions, etc.

Linda
Old 04-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRuiz View Post
Does anyone own a 2013 Adventurer 32H? Seriously considering trading in my 2007 35' DP for this gas MH. Any issues or recurring problems? I know this is a Winnebago forum but what is your experience with Winnebago in general. This particular MH is at Camping World in Bakersfield and so far I haven't been too impressed with their communication or lack of. Any experience here? Thanks for opinions, etc.

Linda
Don't have one yet, but if all goes according to plan we'll pick it up next week. We ordered one last January and it was supposed to be delivered to the dealer today. However since Minneapolis is supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow the delivery has been postponed until next week.

As far as dealing with the Winnebago Company everything has been outstanding. They gave us a personal tour when we were deciding on which model and ammenities to order, and have kept in touch through the entire process.

This is our second Winnebago product. We have taken the first one to the factory everytime it's needed service (which hasn't been often in over 100,000 miles). From our experience I would highly recommend Winnebago products, and their entire organization.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

2013 Adventurer Model H

We have the coach listed above. We think it is a great coach for our use. The only addition has been the Safe T Plus and the cheap handling fix listed on Ford site. Other wise fairly straight forward with a few minor bugs that have been corrected under warranty
jimlaurielucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

What is the Ford easy fit fix you referred to??

Thanks,
Linda
Old 04-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Cheap Handling Fix

This is on the Ford chassis site. On the F53 chassis change the front and rear sway bar to the inner holes. More tension on the bars and more stability. Over a hundred have done this and all are happy campers.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

we had a 2000 Adventurer and now a 2007 Adventurer, We love Winnebago, very well made,
Happy Camping
Old 04-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We picked our Adventurer 32H up in February, we have had it out camping 4 times since. We are having the usual minor issues that are all fixed under warranty. Nice coach, drives well, the full length Driver side slide really makes it roomy inside. Traded a Vista 30W for the Adventurer and there is significantly more room in the Adventurer. Unfortunately, the Adventurer is currently in the shop with a bad slide controller, waiting for the part to come in...sadness, we missed a weekend camping trip. Other than that, I say go for it, it is a great coach!
tfcyoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfcyoko View Post
We picked our Adventurer 32H up in February, we have had it out camping 4 times since. We are having the usual minor issues that are all fixed under warranty. Nice coach, drives well, the full length Driver side slide really makes it roomy inside. Traded a Vista 30W for the Adventurer and there is significantly more room in the Adventurer. Unfortunately, the Adventurer is currently in the shop with a bad slide controller, waiting for the part to come in...sadness, we missed a weekend camping trip. Other than that, I say go for it, it is a great coach!
Is your Adventurer quieter while driving than the Vista or about the same?
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:55 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Significantly quieter than our old Vista

The Adventurer is significantly quieter than the Vista. I suspect the larger tires have something to do with the reduction in road noise, but there isn't as much engine noise either. We can actually carry on a conversation or listen to the stereo without "blasting" it. It is not as "squeaky"in the coach either.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
Site Team

Thanks....that's the coach I'd like to upgrade to in a few years when we get ready to retire!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Thanks....that's the coach I'd like to upgrade to in a few years when we get ready to retire!
Hmmm, sounds familiar, just did that ourselves, really liked the Vista, but didn't have quite enough space for clothes etc. when we took longer than a 1 week trip.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

We have nothing but good things to say about Winnebago. If you buy a new one, plan on making a trip to the factory in Iowa before the warranty expires. You'll be VERY happy with the service you receive there and they will absolutely clear your punch list. And, you will have a punch list. It took us a year to get our new Journey completely perfect but Winnebago was there for us all the way. We didn't even deal with the dealer after the first month. It was just easier to call Winnebago and get their advice on how to handle any problem. My dealer was a four hour drive though so you may decide to attack the problem differently. Just know that, regardless of the model or manufacturer, you will spend a few months getting everything right.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your replies. I am familiar to owning a new MH. There were issues to get fixed. Currently getting quotes to replace the original TVs. My MH is a 2007 Holiday Rambler.

Linda
Old 04-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Linda, BLUF: We are very happy with our Adventurer and Winnebago, I say go for it, and I am not being paid by Winnebago to say this. You will be pleased.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

We are looking for our first RV, and believe the 32H would be ideal for the two of us. I had considered the View/Navion, but after thinking about it feel it would be to small after awhile on the road.
We believe our RV'ing will be traveling and not sitting at anyone place for very long. We still have alot to learn and think over before we purchase, but its getting closer and the 32H is at the top of the list so far. Thanks for the info.
atomasze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

We just picked up our Adventurer 32H last Friday. We traded in our 2001 Adventurer 32V with over 100,000 miles on it. So far we couldn't be happier with the new motorhome. It has lots more room than the old one (because of the full wall slide and the roof air conditioners) and several new features that I'm sure will make it a joy to own.

We bought it in Minnesota so it's already got nearly 500 miles on the odometer. The chassis manual says not to tow anything until you have 1000 miles on the odometer so the first couple trips will be without the Jeep.

A lot has changed between 2001 and 2013 so we have a lot of learning to do. I was surprised when we got 2 manuals. One is for the generic things standard to all Adventurers. The second (much larger one) is specific to the unit itself. It has all the detailed information about the optional equipment installed.

It's setting in the drive now while we load all the things in that were in the old one. It'll take a couple days to get everything organized. We still have to hook up the satellite receiver to the home theater system and install the braking system for the Jeep. The section in the manual about the entertainment system uses terms I've never heard of so it might take some time to work through it.

I love the new drive train. It has 52 more hp than the old one and another gear in the transmission. It rides like silk compared to the older one and is quiet enough you can actually listen to the radio (if you can figure out how to work it).

I would highly recommend the Adventurer 32H to anyone looking for what I would call a "mid-sized" motorhome. Be sure to look at one in person before you buy. The pictures in the brochures and online at the Winnebago site are of the 1st design 2013 Adventurer. The front end design was changed on Oct. 1st, 2012. The ones built before Oct. 1 look more like the 2012 models. Those built after Oct. 1 look more like the online pictures of the 2013 Sightseer. The first design motorhomes are 32' 11" long and 12' 6" high. The second design is 33' 2+" long and 12' 8" high. There have also been a few minor interior changes as well.

We can't wait to get on the road again.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Hikerdogs - Enjoy your new MH. The 2013 I was looking at was just beautiful - silver/grey/black full body outside with white leather and dark wood inside.

Many happy miles in your beautiful new MH

Linda
Old 04-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

I am currently a wannabe RV owner, and really like the 32H layout and its at the top of the list.
I have a question for the seasoned members here. Is a 32FT RV small enough to travel the backroads and sight see with? Nimble enough to make it in and out of most points of interest, or does a toad become mandatory for those activities.

We believe we will be more travelers then parking the RV for a few weeks in one area. We originally were looking at the View/Navion, but after thinking hard about it believe it might be a bit small if we spend a few months on the road.

Thanks for the info.
atomasze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

We used our 2001 Adventurer 32V to tour all of the lower 48, Alaska, and both the Eastern and Western Canadian Provinces. We started out without a tow vehicle but soon found it would be far more convenient to have one.

Most points of interest have parking for a few motorhomes, but often times they're taken up by people who couldn't find any other place to park their car. A couple times we got to a place earlly thinking we would be long gone before the crowds came. Much to our disappointment we found some people relished in trying to make it difficult to move the motorhome. Several times we had people park so close we couldn't back up or go forward more than a couple inches. One time someone parked so close to the side we couldn't open the door to get in.

The long and short of it is a tow car makes life a lot easier. You can leave the motorhome at the campsite and take a vehicle that won't cover the entire parking lot and be a target for those with a bad attitude.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Adventurer model H

Our first motor home was a Navion. It is a wonderful RV and easy to drive,but the space is limited inside and not much room for storage on the outside but a great little coach. We then moved to a 32 ft Itasca Spirit which is also a good coach. We now have a an Adventurer model H 2013 which is by far the most confortable of all and the larger tanks,black,gray and fuel tank makes for more enjoyable trips. I do agree with Hiker Dogs that you need a toad to get around. The coach is small enough that you can get in almost any park,but large enough that parking would be a problem for sightseeing,shoping are what ever. I guess the old saying buy your last coach first may still be true.

Tags
winnebago