Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Adventurer

I am interested in moveing up to the Adventurer. What are the big differences between the 35ft and 32 ft. Beside the ovious 3ft is there pro and cons. All info and input would be helpful.
jimlaurielucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

The 35' model has a slightly longer wheelbase and a little more exterior storage. It can be ordered on a 24,000# chassis rather than a 22,000# one. Inside you will see that there is room for a washer/dryer in the 35' model. You get wider nightstands by the bed in the 35'. You also get a lot more closet/wardrobe area in the 35' model. The shower is much more useable too. As is usually the case, bigger is better.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We debated between the 32 foot and 35 before we bought our 35L in 2007. Those extra few feet make a huge difference in livability and we were so happy we did. We did move up to a 42 foot diesel, but that Adventurer had many happy memories in it. I think you'll be much happier with those extra few feet. There is a LOT of closet and drawer space in the 35 as well . . . honestly more than our 42' bus!

Happy travels!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

It all depends on what you intend to use it for. If you're going primarily to private campgrounds with large sites the 35' may be a good choice. On the other hand if you intend to visit state and national parks the 32' may be a better choice. Most state and national campgrounds are older and have some length restrictions.

We've had a 32' version for over 11 years and it suits our purposes just fine. It's a little easier to maneuver through heavy traffic and around campgrounds with narrow and winding roads. In all the time we've had it and all the miles we've driven it (95,000+ miles) We've never had an issue with room for ourselves and the 2 dogs. We rarely fill up all the storage cabinets even for longer trips like the ones to Alaska and Newfoundland.

It may not make any difference to you but you can expect slightly better mileage (depending on your driving habits) with the smaller and lighter coach. Ours is on a 208" wheelbase with the 310 hp V10. It averages 7.5 to 8 mpg when pulling a 2004 Jeep Wrangler. When we can get gasoline without ethanol (available in some midwestern states) the mileage jumps to 8.8 mpg.

It's a tough decision. We've been looking for something to repalce this one. At this point we're considering either another Adventurer or the Journey 34Y. They both have features we like yet they both lack some of the features we currently have.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I'm sure more people will chime in here. Like the above poster said the chassis on the two will be different.

Have you looked at both floor plans? For us the 33 is plenty of storage for travel for a week out.

Best of luck with your shopping experience and make sure to take them all for a ride.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

hi jim, laurie, & lucy

we started looking at smaller - but ended up in 35
wanted a washer dryer (we fulltime)
and for us, it was a much better floor plan on the 35P

regards, pdq
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We purchased a 2011 32H because we thought we wanted to spend more time in National, State, and Regional parks, and the size restrictions many impose caused us to think smaller. We also liked the layout, especially the U-shaped dinette, and storage capacity. All in all it seemed a good fit for us.

We took delivery in June 2010 and have stayed in many parks where our sized was at the limit. We have dry camped, experienced limited service (elect/water only), and have on occasion stayed in full service RV parks. It all worked for us and we certainly enjoy the different challenge of each environment.

Our feeling is that the 32H was designed to give owners everything needed to be comfortable for a weekend, a week, or longer. That said, we also don't think you can go wrong with either rig. The extra slide on the passenger side of the 35P is a very nice feature if you feel you need more room.

So its really about your priorities, layout preference, intended destinations, and comfort level with each other in a small space. We love our 32H and hope you love the one you select as much.
McCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We love our 35U. Plenty of room for weekends or longer trips for us and our 2 grand daughters. More than adequate closet space and could easly install a Splendale combo in the large hall closet if needed. Also plenty of separation for those rainy periods when nerves could get short.

Being retired means you can put off till tomorrow what you could have done today
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We bought a 35P and love it. The full slide on the drivers side is wonderful .
Old Dude 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho JimLaurieLucy: What do you currently have? We think the 35U is the best gasser we know about. However, we just bit the bullet and got a new (to us) diesel pusher. So, our 2000 Itasca Suncruiser is going to be for sale. Lots of extras. Let me know if you are interested.

Dirk
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Dirk, our current rig is a winne spirit class c 32 ft 2007. We would be looking for a newer model
Old 03-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

JimLaurieLucy
We have a Adventurer 38T and love it. Its like have a one car garage, a two car is always better. We have had 20' ' TT and then a 32TT and the 38' is easier to park and drive. we have had no problems finding camp sites and enjoy the extra room
Herb Mar and Lucy(adopted English Pointer)
herbertgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:58 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

We have the 35P floor plan, and mostly camp in State Parks and Corps of Engineer Parks and have never had an issue with manuvering or parking. The full wall slide in the 35P really opens it up and we love the King size bed and the large mid-ship HD TV. There is ample storage inside and out and with the available 24,000 chassis, I doubt it could be overloaded. Of course we don't full-time, so we probably don't carry as much as full-timers do.
Gotta_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Adventurer

Gotta P, I noticed in your bio that you have a trak bar and safe t plus on your Adventurer. I have these on my 32 ft class c Istasca becasuse it was all over the road with out them. Will I have the same issues with the Adventurer?
Old 03-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

We also have a 35P (2011) and I installed a TruCenter for the front and a rear track bar. It makes a world of difference in how it drives! I did both installs myself.
Old Dude 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

It's hard to say, are you looking at a new 2011 or 2012 Adventurer? The SunCruiser/Adventurer are essentially the same coach, and they are heavy. Mine is on the heavy duty Workhorse chassis and it was all over the place whenever a semi passed or it was windy. The new ones are only offered on the Ford Chassis, and I don't know anything about them. We have a frind with a Sightseer on a Ford Chassis and he doesn't have any extras and has never complained about handling. My suggestion would be to go on a long test drive on the highway and see how it handles. I understand Ford is offering a heavy duty 24,000 lbs chassis now, so you may want to consider that as an option. We did the whole thing at one time, given the differences between the Ford and Workhorse Chassis, you may not need everything. Let me know how it works out for you.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2010 32H and am very happy with it. It's perfect for us. One thing I noticed on the 35P we looked at a show this winter is that the dinette in the slide out is a little smaller than ours in the 32H. Not a deal breaker but I was not comfortable in it. The dinette in the slide does open up the lounge area it's easier to get around especially if you have the rest easy sofa foot rests out.

Jasper
Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

If you see a unit like yours for sale 2010 or later,please let me know
Old 03-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Will do.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Ours is for sale... Looking at possibly trading it though...

Tags
winnebago