Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2019, 04:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago 27N Dinette Replacement

I have a 2014 27N and would like to replace the Dinette with a love seat. If anyone has make this conversion can you provide me with info. The only problem I see is how to handle the slide drive under the rear dinette seat. The love seat would have to clear the drive which is approximately 4" high or some modification to the floor would be necessary. If anyone has the model with the love seat option a picture of how it is attached would really be helpful.
rereaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:15 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I don't get this. The 27n has the slide motors in the walls, right? Schwintech system?

There is just a plywood platform the dinette sits on. It seems like the chair could ride on the platform. Under the dinette seats are some power cables and the seat belts.

In fact, a couch in that position was a factory option.

I'm wondering what you're seeing under the seats that is deifferent.

Anyway, I would like to do the same thing, so I will stay tuned.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

The box is not enclosing a slide drive it is a cable enclosing box that allows for the slideout AC and DC cables to pass from the slide to the RV floor accounting for the movement in and out.

You can remove the cable enclosing box lid and look at how it works.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercat_ras View Post
The box is not enclosing a slide drive it is a cable enclosing box that allows for the slideout AC and DC cables to pass from the slide to the RV floor accounting for the movement in and out.

You can remove the cable enclosing box lid and look at how it works.
Correct. I wanted to remove my dinette and was also worried about what I would find under the box. Just some wiring. I was able to remove the box and secure the cables to the floor. I had to kill the power to the coach so that I could disconnect the couplers, put the couch in place, then run the cables through the couch frame and reconnect. Ez Pz!

The couch came from Amazon (<$450?) and is really comfortable. It lays nearly flat and has cup holders and storage in each arm rest.

I cut a piece of 1/8" masonite and covered it with black speaker box carpet to cover the unfinished cabinet that was exposed when I removed the dinette.

Also, the seat belts use carriage bolts that were probably installed before the slide was put into place, as they come in from the bottom. They're too long to remove.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	couch.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	171576   Click image for larger version

Name:	couch1.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	171577  

Old 05-09-2019, 05:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for reply to my post on replacing Dinette, you did a great job with your installation. I would also like to thank you for clarification on wooden box. I called Winnebago to ask for a quote to replace my dinette and the price was beyond my budget. I think it was $6,000 or something close to that. I can not understand this cost unless they, Winnebago are required to meet some passenger restraint requirements, which can get expensive. I plan to do something like you have done but not sure of details however once again thanks for feedback
Old 05-09-2019, 05:54 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhannah View Post
I don't get this. The 27n has the slide motors in the walls, right? Schwintech system?

There is just a plywood platform the dinette sits on. It seems like the chair could ride on the platform. Under the dinette seats are some power cables and the seat belts.

In fact, a couch in that position was a factory option.

I'm wondering what you're seeing under the seats that is deifferent.

Anyway, I would like to do the same thing, so I will stay tuned.
danhanna, Do you have this wooden box under your dinette seat? I thought it was for the slide drive but apparently it is for enclosed wiring.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:49 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Correct. I wanted to remove my dinette and was also worried about what I would find under the box. Just some wiring. I was able to remove the box and secure the cables to the floor. I had to kill the power to the coach so that I could disconnect the couplers, put the couch in place, then run the cables through the couch frame and reconnect. Ez Pz!

The couch came from Amazon (<$450?) and is really comfortable. It lays nearly flat and has cup holders and storage in each arm rest.

I cut a piece of 1/8" masonite and covered it with black speaker box carpet to cover the unfinished cabinet that was exposed when I removed the dinette.

Also, the seat belts use carriage bolts that were probably installed before the slide was put into place, as they come in from the bottom. They're too long to remove.
Looks really nice, would you have a link for that couch on Amazon?
Piper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I thought it was Amazon, but the couch came from Overtstock. The price went waaaaay up too! Don't buy without a coupon. Mine is black. I first bought the grey thinking it would be more charcoal, but it was more blue-grey. It just didn't look right so I returned it.

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...5/product.html
Old 05-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
I thought it was Amazon, but the couch came from Overtstock. The price went waaaaay up too! Don't buy without a coupon. Mine is black. I first bought the grey thinking it would be more charcoal, but it was more blue-grey. It just didn't look right so I returned it.

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...5/product.html
Thanks so much
Piper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:07 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Love seat in 27N

I took dinette out and installed love seat last year in my 2013 27N.
Removed cable cover box completely and secured cables. Slid Lazy Boy reclining love seat in place and secured by wrapping seat belts around frame and buckling. It sometimes shifts slightly during travel but should be restrained in the event of a collision. This has been our best upgrade.
guyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:58 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

dinette set or love couch a bed

If your looking for a dinnet set or love couch that reclines to a bed ... I'll.prectlxly give them away. I remodel my 04 Adventure. Happy to give them away.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, winnebago