Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-22-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I am the second owner of this coach and really like it for traveling. I don't want to get rid of it but I have a couple concerns. It has 105,000 miles, runs beautifully, meticulously maintained engine, that still uses no oil,and gets 11 mpg. It is the Workhorse chasis, undercarriage is great. Does not leak anywhere. Has some delamination but other than that looks like the day it came into the showroom. I have replaced tires and done the 1000,000 maintenance tuneup suggested by the factory. omponents and systems are all AOK despite continuous use. I traveol a lot and find this coach is ideal for 2 people.Has anyone else put that kind of mileage on a gaser? What can I expect to go wrong? How many miles can I expect out of this engine if I continue to take good care of it? Has anyone replaced a drive tran and engine? What can I expect to pay for same? Any comments and suggestions would be welcomed. I know the coach isn't worth much but I just like it, the way it handles economy and driveability.

Linked this post to Workhorse Chassis Forum...moderator.
Junior 913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I am the second owner of this coach and really like it for traveling. I don't want to get rid of it but I have a couple concerns. It has 105,000 miles, runs beautifully, meticulously maintained engine, that still uses no oil,and gets 11 mpg. It is the Workhorse chasis, undercarriage is great. Does not leak anywhere. Has some delamination but other than that looks like the day it came into the showroom. I have replaced tires and done the 1000,000 maintenance tuneup suggested by the factory. omponents and systems are all AOK despite continuous use. I traveol a lot and find this coach is ideal for 2 people.Has anyone else put that kind of mileage on a gaser? What can I expect to go wrong? How many miles can I expect out of this engine if I continue to take good care of it? Has anyone replaced a drive tran and engine? What can I expect to pay for same? Any comments and suggestions would be welcomed. I know the coach isn't worth much but I just like it, the way it handles economy and driveability.

Linked this post to Workhorse Chassis Forum...moderator.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Junior:

Its hard to say---What Chassis/ and transmission do you have.
Workhorse has stated that the 8.! engine is designed to do 200,000 miles with proper maintenance. Many of the coach item may start to wear out if they have a lot of extreme use, but many are built to run for a long time , if used and maintained.

Go the your profile and fill in your signature, so we know what Make/year/etc. rig you have.

Good luck.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:19 PM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

If we can have your VIN# we can probably give you a pretty good answer.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:02 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hi, my 2000BraveSE chasis info is as follows:
2000 31B
vin 5B4zkp37j4y3316392
GCWR19000
GM powertrain
Old 03-23-2006, 04:14 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

You have a six year old coach with 105,000 miles on it. That works out to 17,500 per year! There aren't many coaches that have that type of mileage put on them.

I have heard that running an RV is better than letting it sit around. I guess you are the proof of that. Congratulations and keep on RV'ing.

Pete B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:37 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I had a 88 coach that I had for 8yrs 68,500 miles before trading in still see it on road. As long as you keep it maintained you should hit your 200,000 good luck and safe travels. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote