Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2021, 01:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Windshield sealant

Need help on best sealant for MH windshield
Wayne bair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 01:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Creative part. 2014 Itasca sunova 35g. Tried turning mirrors in weep hole covers on. Wind noise definitely coming from windshield. Put tape around windshield It helped. I thought I would put a sealant around. Some areas don’t look very good
Old 03-15-2021, 01:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

The black rubber trim that goes all the way around the windshield is not a weather seal. The windshield glass has a bead of polyurethane between the glass and the steel frame.

If the windshield is leaking to the inside it may be because the steel frame has rusted.

You can gently pry the black rubber trim out a bit and look to see if there is a lot of rust in there.

Rusted out steel windshield frame is a common problem. Winnebago (IMO) did not do a good job of primeing and painting the steel frame so they can rust out.

Auto mfg have primed and painted steel body parts for years and they don't rust.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 02:02 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I only have the rubber seal along the top. The window is not leaking Just a lot of wind noise
Old 03-16-2021, 05:02 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Call https://www.lichtsinn.com/ they should have the rubber seal in stock.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 06:09 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thank you. A1 Florida
Old 03-31-2021, 04:57 PM   #7
WinnieAdven38

What rig do you have???

What do you want to seal?

Older Winnebago motor homes have problem with rusting steel frame behind windshield causing separation. If this is your problem then you need to do far more than just new sealant. Whole articles written online about how to repair this problem, which in severe cases requires windshield removal and cleaning and rust-proofing of steel frame before re-installation.
HappiHenri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 06:25 PM   #8
Winnie Owner

Wind noise might be caused by missing weep hole seals....the seals cover the little holes in the base molding of the side windows. The holes let leaked water out. Google weep hole seals or covers and you'll see the part in question. Were missing when I got my RV. First trip was very noisy from wind noise. Putting in the seals made a huge difference.
jarnarcos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal