Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2021, 11:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Windshield noise and bedroom power cord

A lot of wind noise coming from windshield. Does anyone else have same problem. Also with all the bouncing around the power cord came out of tv. Called Winnebago they said I might have to take out shelving out this is a bedroom tv. 2014 Itasca 35g. Thanks for any comments
Wayne bair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 04:17 PM   #2

If you can send us a picture of your TV and the area under it I might have a suggestion.

I'm assuming you do not want to pay $$$ to just put the power cord back in the TV. I don't blame you. However, you really don't know if the plug came came out or not. So what if you just need a new TV? ...And I'm assuming you are sure your power to the outlet is working?

How about drilling a hole in the cabinet under it so you can reach in and feel around and plug the cord in yourself? Have you got any room down there for a drill and 4-5" hole saw?
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 04:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

The cord definitely came out of tv. Traveling down 95 to Florida. Thru md and Virginia the roads are rough it popped out. There is a short shelf under the shelf that has the tv. The tv is bolted to a solid frame Winnebago tells me there is 2 screws underneath and under tv but no room to see them or get a screw driver up thru
Old 03-07-2021, 04:49 PM   #4

Without a picture I have to guess...

How about cutting a hole for a AC outlet? Do you have a side panel? If so, maybe your wife can stick her small hand inside to reconnect the power to the TV; and then you can add a dummy plate to cover the electrical box (with dogears) and hole.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Carlon-1...100404027-_-N&

Tip: If you don't have the depth to insert an electrical box, then you can cut the back off. N.P. ...You just need the front screw holes to hold the false cover plate.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:00 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hanging closet beside shelves. Don’t know what side plug needs to go. Going in it tomorrow to further investigate arm not long enough to go thru side of hanging closet. Thanks for all your suggestions. By the way previous owner put in stackable washer and dryer and it is just sitting in the closet hit bumps in road it moves. Any suggestions on strapping it down without taking it out? Thanks again
Old 03-07-2021, 05:50 PM   #6

Winnebago can recommend the right hardware that holds the washer feet down.

...I'm guessing it's too much trouble to remove the wood trim and pull the TV out?
Old 03-07-2021, 05:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all your help I will call Winnebago. Prolly going to try to take out a shelf
Old 03-07-2021, 06:00 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Tv is bolted to a metal brace
Old 03-07-2021, 08:35 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

We are missing some info to look at exactly which build of the 2014 but I am assuming it is one of the Sunova and they may be quite the same for the TV mounting, so will pass along some drawings from this "parts catalog" found here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Picture one is of what I think your RV has? Verify that before trusting the rest!

But if that is the correct RV and TV mount, turning the drawing around shows it mounted first to a plate with looks like six screws holding it to the wall, etc.

But looking closer, I think I see "bracket" of sorts with hooks at the bottom and an angled piece at the top?

My guess might be that the top may be to remove at the question mark to tilt forward and then lift up and off the bottom hooks?

Or it may be that you can find the two screws mentioned if you know where to feel for them at the bottom question mark? Is there room to slide a mirror in under to get a better look at the backside? Perhaps even find where the cord has dropped out and enough space to reinsert the plug!!

Any chance the noise is from vents along the bottom side of the side windows where there should be small plastic covers clipped over the horizontal drip vents and when those come out, it makes a real whine?

Good luck on the chase!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	177670   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	177671  

Click image for larger version

Name:	window.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	177672  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:42 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thank you. I do have the angled iron at the top. Going to get a closer look tomorrow mine sunova itasca 35g
Old 03-08-2021, 12:49 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

I had a simular wind noise problem and replaceing the weep hole covers did fix it. Some advice, when you replace the weep hole covers, a dab of black or clear RTV will help keep the new ones in place.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:31 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn Charlie View Post
I had a simular wind noise problem and replaceing the weep hole covers did fix it. Some advice, when you replace the weep hole covers, a dab of black or clear RTV will help keep the new ones in place.

They almost seem designed to fall out! Cheap to get online from resellers but still a drag to keep in for such a simple thing.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:31 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Mountain Charlie. I do have the weep hole covers on. Adjusted arms to mirror. No different. Tape around windshield going to see if that makes a difference
Old 03-08-2021, 08:45 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Morich. I had to remove the shelf underneath the tv just had enough room to see The plug is in a very tough place. It amazing took 1 1/2. To remove shelf Taking time not to damage anything. Took 5 seconds the put plug back in tv. Thanks for all your help
Old 03-14-2021, 04:32 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

It is a Winnebago. I have the same problem and the dealer said that is normal.
rjg2074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 04:36 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Rig. Is your thread about the windshield noise. I put tape around windshield. Going to take it out next couple days to see if that helped
Old 03-15-2021, 04:33 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

I really couldn’t zero in on where my windshield whistle was coming from. Loaded a free ‘sound meter’ on my smart phone and while on a lonely area at highway speed had DW carefully scan the windshield perimeter. Clearly showed the exact location of the noise. At the next RV park applied painter’s tape (to limit any potential mess) and applied black silicon sealant. What a difference driving the next day! Didn’t realize just how loud it had been, how we could now could just talk at normal level. Makes the day’s diving so much more relaxing.
Radioflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:24 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Thanks radio flyer. That what I was going to do to mine. Thanks for the info
Old 03-15-2021, 07:58 AM   #19
US1
Winnebago Camper

Mine had the whistleing that is coming from the weep hole vents. Should note that mine are all missing. Drove me crazy looking for the noise. Once we located the origin, I found just laying a rag on the dash against the side windshield stopped the noise. For the time being, I have a short piece of black vaccum/washer hose cut to lenght that is just laying in the side glass slider slot. Not even noticeable. Cant believe that it stopped all the whistleing
Old 03-15-2021, 10:05 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

BTW I used a sound meter app that shows the audio spectrum on a flat graph from low to high. Since I knew the whistle was a high frequency DW just focus on the very noticeable spike in the high area as she moved the phone’s mic area around the inside of the gasket. I wasn’t clear that I applied the silicon on the outside part of the gasket.
Radioflyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise, power