Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-11-2020, 01:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Windshield Cover (Besides Magne)

I now have a 2004 Adventurer 33V (just bought)...

A few years ago I had a class A with a Prompt Windshield cover and loved it but they have retired and are no longer making them

I am looking for a Windshield cover that I do not have to drag the Ladder out to install any suggestions?

Magne is WAY to expensive...Thanks LeeB
Old 08-16-2020, 08:10 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
I now have a 2004 Adventurer 33V (just bought)...

A few years ago I had a class A with a Prompt Windshield cover and loved it but they have retired and are no longer making them

I am looking for a Windshield cover that I do not have to drag the Ladder out to install any suggestions?

Magne is WAY to expensive...Thanks LeeB

I, too have been looking at something for my 2018 Winnebago Forza 38W
and checked out the cost for Magne's which IMO way too expensive. I've looked around and can't seem to find anything else that uses a none intrusive solution like magnetics to hold it in place. It's probably why they can ask that price. Hopefully someone out there has a cheaper but still hi-quality supplier. I'll be watching this thread.
1237dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:32 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Up to a bit of DIY? There are long skinny magnets inside the door gaskets on frigs which can be sewn into a pocket on the edges of whatever material of choice you feel works best for you. We find the thin sheet foam/ bubble wrap stuff with foil on each side is okay for cutting and sewing up a cheap set to store along with other window liners we have made. When we had a Class C with metal all around the windshield, we could kind of "throw" it up and use the long handled window brush to move it into place.
NOTE: Not a high quality suppliers but they work cheap!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If you're talking about outside see through ones, I'm happy with the product from ShadePro - https://www.shadepro.net/product/rv-windshield-covers/.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:52 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks it looks like Shade Pro has cornered the market. I just didn't want snaps.Having to drag out the ladder but I guess there is nothing else out there right now

LeeB
Old 08-23-2020, 04:36 PM   #6
NXR
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUSoCal View Post
If you're talking about outside see through ones, I'm happy with the product from ShadePro - https://www.shadepro.net/product/rv-windshield-covers/.
From the inside out, how "see through" are they compared to the plain old window?

Ray
NXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:33 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
From the inside out, how "see through" are they compared to the plain old window?

Ray
I have the Shadepro that goes on the inside of the window with suction cups. I didn’t want the hassle of the ladder outside or snaps on the outside. I am VERY happy with the inside ones. They are easy to put up (about 30 seconds for side windows and 1 minute for front window). My wife puts them and takes them down most of the time. The additional benefit is they stay clean, so she just stores them under the bed.
Dlvgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:37 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlvgolf View Post
I have the Shadepro that goes on the inside of the window with suction cups. I didn’t want the hassle of the ladder outside or snaps on the outside. I am VERY happy with the inside ones. They are easy to put up (about 30 seconds for side windows and 1 minute for front window). My wife puts them and takes them down most of the time. The additional benefit is they stay clean, so she just stores them under the bed.

Good Morning I called Shadepro and she said all their shades go on the outside.. I love the idea of them going on the inside using suction cups, at my age climbing a ladder is not a good idea if I don't have to.....

Could you give some more details on yours?....... LeeB
Old 08-24-2020, 11:50 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Window Covering

We have an ‘18 Forza and we just bought a new magne shade. Yes, it was pricey but it’s absolutely the best covering we’ve had. This is our 5th RV and we’ve tried other coverings. Some you can’t see through, ones that you can don’t block the heat and UV like our MagneShade does.

This is our first trip with it. I put it up yesterday in less than 5 minutes. Again, I hear you on cost. But they are worth it IMHO.
JDove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 12:52 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
Good Morning I called Shadepro and she said all their shades go on the outside.. I love the idea of them going on the inside using suction cups, at my age climbing a ladder is not a good idea if I don't have to.....

Could you give some more details on yours?....... LeeB
I am so sorry. I misspoke. I just got the awning shade from shadepro. I got the windshield shade from rvquickshades.com. https://rvquickshades.com/rv-windshield-shades/
Dlvgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:30 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlvgolf View Post
I am so sorry. I misspoke. I just got the awning shade from shadepro. I got the windshield shade from rvquickshades.com. https://rvquickshades.com/rv-windshield-shades/

Thanks Soooooooooooo much. Those will be perfect.......

LeeB
Old 10-23-2020, 04:39 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Agree with JDove22 on the MagneShade. We just put them on our '18 Vista LX and they are simply excellent. Build quality of the product is high. Fabric, stitching, finish details, etc. are excellent. We had tried a few different ways to fight the solar gain on the front glass and everything we tried was incremental at best, and a time consuming pain - so it often didn't get deployed. MagneShade is a game-changer. Yes, I know they are expensive.... But not really if you use them more frequently and they actually work. You will and they do.
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote