Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-12-2007, 03:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

How long have you had your coach? It seems like everyone I talk to has had 3 or 4 coaches and is ready to move into something else. Is there anyone out there who is satisfied with their current choice, and if not what is the deciding factor that makes you want to spend the extra money on trading into something else?
Don G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

How long have you had your coach? It seems like everyone I talk to has had 3 or 4 coaches and is ready to move into something else. Is there anyone out there who is satisfied with their current choice, and if not what is the deciding factor that makes you want to spend the extra money on trading into something else?
Don G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Don,

I an interested in the same. I have had three motorhomes but trading up to the diesel was always the plan. I wanted a MH that could last a very long time and the diesel drivetrain was the ticket. We are very happy with the floorplan and I am a stickler about maintenance so I hope to make this one last 15-20 years. I upgrade systems as I desire to keep the coach current and it has become kind of a hobby for me. I have not seen anything new that has tempted me to even consider trading.

Pete
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

We have an '03 and have no desire or intent to change. This is the only RV we have ever owned, at least so far! I just saw a comment on another list from a guy with a '94 Foretravel who is quite happy.

I think the primary things that cause a change are 1) wanting slides/some other floor plan feature; 2) upsizing/downsizing; 3) poor quality of previous rig
Old 10-12-2007, 06:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2003 and have owned it 4 years now, purchased it used in October 2003, first owner had it for l year. No intention to change.
Also this is the only RV (motorhome) we have ever owned, not counting boats have had six boats in 30 years, current boat is 1998.

"on order"
Old 10-12-2007, 06:59 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Bought ours new in 03... Looking to trade up this winter to a 40 or 42 Phaeton quadslide.
Fulltime we would like the extra room and storage... Tiffin DP are hard to beat, and they really do stand behind their products...
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:08 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have a 99 Itasca Suncruiser with 83,000 miles on it. I bought it new April 1999.

I really like the new Vector 40TD, but boy making that price jump is hard to try and accept.

Ours was delivered during a ice or snow storm I think, as we have faught rust the entire time which has caused connections to fail. I have looked at others that have been in snow or ice, and they don't have the problems I have had.

Whatever you do avoid those storms at whatever time or delays it may take.

1999-2008 traded in Suncruiser 90,000 miles
Jeeperrmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

It seems like after a unit is 5-7 yrs old every thing starts going to pot. These sloppy made RVs are made to self destruct after a set time. I don't mind the repairs as long as I can do them at home but it sure irritates me to have something break down out on the road and have to rely on the sorry dealers that are out there, especially when they tell you since you didn't purchase from them it will be 2-3 weeks before they can even look at your unit and then parts will have to be ordered. I had a 1988, a 1993, a 1997, and now a 2004.
Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:53 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I have an 01 Itasca and I intend to keep it. I have owned 3 M/H's they have all been good rigs,(two FW's and this Winnie). This Itasca seems to be very well balanced and stable on the road. I have had no problems with the Ford part of it at all. (Knock on imitation wood). It has every thing we want, and need. It took two years to iron out the little bugs and I have no intentions of going through that again.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:42 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

We have had our coach 18 Months and don't plan on trading again. (that's the plan-reality may be different) This is our second coach.

First coach was a 96 Vectra which we owned for ten years. Nice coach but no slides and wanted to move up to a Diesel.

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:02 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

We have had ours for five years full timing and the cost of new will prevent us from trading. Looked into trading last year and they wanted our coach AND what we paid for our coach when we bought it new to 'upgrade' to another Winnebago with one more slide. Our coach has served us well and so we still love our 39QD.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:45 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Randy Martin:

Ours was delivered during a ice or snow storm I think, as we have faught rust the entire time which has caused connections to fail. I have looked at others that have been in snow or ice, and they don't have the problems I have had.

Whatever you do avoid those storms at whatever time or delays it may take. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean like this? The MH I bought is in the middle of this, though I didn't know it at the time...

Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Funny this topic should come up.
My wife and I are currently camped in Guaranty's parking lot waiting for the bugs to be worked out in our brand new '07' Safari Cheetah. We are fulltiming it now and felt we needed more room and storage space. We went from 34 feet to 40 feet with pass-through storage. The floorplan suits my wife very well.
The price was right for us.
A new Vectra would have been nice with pass- through storage but the $$$!? Also the Tiffon Phaeton looked nice too and was very close to the ole budget but the one they had was a little too short.
I must say that there are some things that Winnebago did better than Monaco and some things that Monoco did better than Winnebago.
Oh yeah it's also a diesel. I wanted a little more power since we are going cross country.
We bought the '04 BRAVE 34D in '05. A very well built MH. I have no problem with Winnebago products. If you can find one within your budget and floorplan to your liking with storage, by all means, get it!
We also liked the feel of the Roadmaster chassis with 350 CAT engine. By the way, the Sparton chassis felt very easy to drive also.
Well, I guess I'm going to have to sign up for the Monoco Forum now.
Thank you all for the wonderful help you have given to me in the the past!!!!! You Guys and Gals ROCK!!!!!!!
AKBrick Tom Brickwell
Old 10-14-2007, 10:09 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Had an '85 Pace-Arrow 28', bought in early '89 from a friend. Had it till Sept. '06 (and it went to a friend as well) and went to the coach below. Why'd we change? Not sure actually. The 34H was carefully chosen to the beach spot we hang at often. No plans to upgrade till my waterfront spot gets boring.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote