Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-14-2016, 08:22 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac01 View Post
Besides steering stabilizer's, anyone adding front and rear
trac bars for additional support and control?
I believe the newer F53's already have a front track bar installed, I'll double check when I get a chance to look under mine again.
I've stayed away from the CHF on purpose. I drive one handed now with some slight push from being passed but well manageable.
Getting the coach aligned is important and having the correct air pressure helps also.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:06 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
I believe the newer F53's already have a front track bar installed, I'll double check when I get a chance to look under mine again.
I've stayed away from the CHF on purpose. I drive one handed now with some slight push from being passed but well manageable.
Getting the coach aligned is important and having the correct air pressure helps also.
You're correct because there was a front trac bar on our 15 Vista 35F.
Digger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:12 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Yes on front and yes adding rear - SS400 TB from SuperSteer
Old 08-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Forgot picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1471288443238.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	136020  
Old 08-17-2016, 06:38 PM   #25
Winnebago Watcher

I am a bit confused

We are shopping for a MH and I am totally puzzled as to why you have to add on this stuff on to it. We can't afford to buy a MH then have to add a bunch of other things to it. Don't they build them to handle good when you are driving them?
Sondis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:32 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

When I ordered our new 2016 Winnebago Sightseer 33C I knew that I wanted a rear Trac Bar, rear Sway Bar, and front steering stabilizer. I had my dealer order these items from Roadmaster and when our Sightseer arrived in August 2015 our dealer installed these items for me.

The dealer couldn't get the sway bar to fit on the new 2016 Ford chassis. They called Roadmaster and since my dealership was about sixty miles from the Roadmaster headquarters Roadmaster sent a team to look at the the new chassis. Roadmaster brought with them a sway bar designed for the Tiffin Ford chassis and they were able to fit it on my motorhome. Roadmaster left with the measurements needed to make a sway bar for the 2016 Ford chassis.

We have just returned from a coast to coast trip in our coach. Milage is over 12,900 miles with 1,700 delivery miles. The 2016 chassis is much easier to drive than our 2005 chassis. On calm days it is a dream to drive. If I feel an eighteen wheeler passing at all it is a slight nudge. Most of the time I don't feel the trucks at all.

A windy day can still be a challenge but not as much as it was in our 2005 Ford chassis.

Safe travels. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:20 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Confused too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sondis View Post
We are shopping for a MH and I am totally puzzled as to why you have to add on this stuff on to it. We can't afford to buy a MH then have to add a bunch of other things to it. Don't they build them to handle good when you are driving them?
I see this issue as an impediment to buying new. I realize some have bigger budgets (or deeper pockets) than I do. I want a MH that is road ready when I drive it off the lot. I'm going back and forth between keeping what I've got for awhile longer and buying new now.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:35 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Which is the best steering stabilizer to install on our new 2016 Vista LX 35F?

We have a 2015 Vista 35F and we have installed the Blue Ox system ( Tru-Center) and rear trac-bar. The rear trac bar definitely stabilizes the sway when turning on normal or uneven pavement. The Tru Center is great for higher winds or trucks passing you at higher rate of speed. It is nice you can turn the Tru-center on while moving when needed.
No issues since installation last year.
gmccash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:24 PM   #29
Winnebago Watcher

My 2013 Winnebago Vista 27HE was a nightmare to drive at highway speeds due to excessive wandering and sway. I installed a Roadmaster Reflex Steering Stabilizer and Roadmaster front anti sway bar. Prior owner had already installed a rear anti sway bar. The improvement was beyond belief. I just returned from a 3900 mile road trip thru 7 states and the drive was not a "whitenuckle" experience. I would not have made the trip before these upgrades.
JSJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:54 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Exchanged Roadmaster Stabilizer for Safe T Plus size specific for our Vista LX 35F

I installed both a Roadmaster Sway Bar in the rear (of course), and the Roadmaster Stabilizer (specific for Class A) in the front (yup, you know). This is on our new 2016 Winnebago Vista LX 35F. Took me some time and frustration getting the right Sway bar and Stabilizer installed to my expectations. Like other Owners of the Vista LX 35F have noted, the 1st time I received the Roadmaster Sway Bar, it did not fit the 2016! So Roadmaster was called and come to find out The 2016 Ford Chassis was changed, and another Roadmaster Sway bar was sent and (finally) installed. Now, regarding the Roadmaster Stabilizer. I did my research and because I picked Roadmaster for my rear end, I figured No Difference between choosing either Roadmaster, Safe T Plus, or Blue Ox, Besides price and differences in function ability, so I'll just order Roadmaster for the front Stabilizer. Roadmaster offers different Stabilizers for Class A, verses Class C. After driving the 35F, whenever I would have to make a sharper turn (especially right turn), I would hear this knuckling sound because the wound Spring would Uncoil from the (passenger side) End Cap on the Roadmaster Stabilizer. Myself, I couldn't live with that noise on my brand new Vista LX. I (again) researched Safe T Plus and realized Safe T Plus manufacturer makes 3 different sizes that fit different sized MHs. I ordered the one specific for 35 footers and up, specific (heavier-duty) for our Class A. After installing the Safe T Plus, I noticed a great difference between the Roadmaster Stabilizer and the (newly installed) Safe T Plus (specific for my size) Stabilizer, in how our MH handled. A much noticeable difference! See the uploaded pic. The red coil will slightly uncoil to the right where it is gripped around the end cap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	139934  
OrangeXPM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, steering