Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-05-2022, 11:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

where to get dinette table replacement

We have a 2008 Sightseer 34M and are looking for a place to get a dinette table replacement. The previous owner removed the original table and installed a plywood/stained table that needs replacing. I'm was going to check with Winnebago to see if they're any help but thought I'd ask here first. Any ideas?
dennysbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 12:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Maybe some help here for item numbers and to see what was there?

Parts catalog here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...08/8wfd34m.pdf

Down to pages 14 for drawingand 15 for part number?

I might be seeing it as part 27 with possibly needing part31 as cupholders are likely already cut in?

But I might not give much value to actually finding one in stock, so it may be necessary to talk to a cabinet guy to custom make one to fit any hardware you can find?

Several doubts in that but maybe a place to start!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 12:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We replaced the dinette tabletop in our 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 29R in April 2021 after it delaminated and and the surface started cracking. We ordered it from Lichtsinn RV 641-585-3213 in Forest City near the Winnebago factory. They order from Winnebago and the parts staff are very helpful. They were thinking that it would be a long shot for Winnebago to still have a tabletop with a matching pattern available for such an older unit as ours. Fortunately they were able to source one from Winnebago but be prepared for sticker shock if they can get one for you. Ours ran $627 with shipping. We just ordered the tabletop and it didn't have any mounting hardware or the leg included.

Best of luck
Al
Old 02-06-2022, 12:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

The sticker shock for parts for Rv is where I often drop back to doing a custom job as being cheaper! Think of a four foot square covered in laminate of choice and it will likely come out less that RV specific items which they feel we are "required " to buy!
Old 02-06-2022, 01:21 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Rec Pro has them https://www.recpro.com/rv-tables/ any size you want. There's also LamaLight if you are concerned with weight. Be advised that both companies were experiencing shortages last time I checked. I ended up just making mine.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:54 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the suggestion. I called Winnebago but unfortunately they no longer have the table available.
Old 02-08-2022, 09:07 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I'm in the make one or have one made camp.

Looking at the brochure, it appears that your original table was covered with molded laminate which would be difficult or impossible to re-create, but IMHO, matching the original isn't important. Does your table at home match your countertops?

https://www.anniesrvs.com/_files/ugd...af160cdfd6.pdf

Hopefully you have the original hardware. I'd use, or have the cabinet maker use, a good grade of 3/4" plywood with a laminate top, edged in hardwood to match your woodwork. Make sure the two outboard corners are finished in a way that they're not sharp points. Instead of trying to match the laminate to your kitchen countertop, a contrasting color (woodgrain?) would look better than a close, but not quite right, match.

You'll need to make sure the thickness of the table is such that it's not too low or too high when in the bed position. The tolerance isn't too critical, +/- 1/4" should be OK.

Even if Winnebago had a replacement, there's no way I'd pay $600+ for one.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 05:45 PM   #8
Old Journey

Try here I have had good luck with finding parts here RV Salvage Parts VisoneRV Used RV Parts | usedrvparts.visonerv.com
Large Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 10:02 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago parts suggested checking with RV salvage yards so will do that. I've also found that shopping4seats.com sells tables. First I'm waiting for a local cabinet shop company to get back to me on the possibility of them making us a table. Will keep you posted.
Old 02-09-2022, 10:04 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large Marge View Post
Try here I have had good luck with finding parts here RV Salvage Parts VisoneRV Used RV Parts | usedrvparts.visonerv.com
I'm going to call them today about a table I saw online in one of their salvaged Winnebagos. It looks like the right one for our unit. Hoping they still have it and that the price with shipping is reasonable.
Old 02-09-2022, 11:16 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

one point to keep in mind to ask about is if the table has the metal parts and make sure you get parts to finish as things like the letal to mount on wall may be a shard to find as the top, so look at what you may have on the wall and any other loose parts before paying shipping and finding it lacks the other small parts??

Item 27 is the top but don't miss getting the rest up to number 32! That can be the donw side of local as you will then still need the hardware to make it fit the wall and stand up.
Old 02-10-2022, 07:05 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

IKEA

IKEA has so many different size tables in all kinds of styles. It’s what we replaced a table in our fifth wheel with a few years back so we could have one that could fold out and seat more than four.
Joette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 10:52 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennysbabe View Post
I'm going to call them today about a table I saw online in one of their salvaged Winnebagos. It looks like the right one for our unit. Hoping they still have it and that the price with shipping is reasonable.
Unfortunately the table is already gone. The search continues.
Old 02-10-2022, 10:53 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
one point to keep in mind to ask about is if the table has the metal parts and make sure you get parts to finish as things like the letal to mount on wall may be a shard to find as the top, so look at what you may have on the wall and any other loose parts before paying shipping and finding it lacks the other small parts??

Item 27 is the top but don't miss getting the rest up to number 32! That can be the donw side of local as you will then still need the hardware to make it fit the wall and stand up.
Thanks for the info. We still have the hardware. The previous owner utilized it when he did his homemade table. We'll use it as well if we have a table made.
Old 02-10-2022, 01:37 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennysbabe View Post
Thanks for the info. We still have the hardware. The previous owner utilized it when he did his homemade table. We'll use it as well if we have a table made.
That's a big help and would make me lean more toward a local pickup item.
Old 02-10-2022, 03:49 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Check with more than one cabinet maker. The price and timing will depend on how busy they are.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 06:59 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

It is just a flat table top with a simple wooden frame with a foam board insulation sheet filling the center portion along with a few strategically placed wooden blocks for screwing the leg too which is covered on the bottom with a brown Formica backer and on top with a Formica or Thin Surrell (Formica's version of Corian) covering. None of the tops are solid all the way through which saves weight however can be easily made up by anyone with moderate woodworking skills.

If you still have the original hardware then the major part of the equation is already solved.

Winnebago is usually pretty good about providing you with digital drawings with all the details on how the cabinets, etc are made so you really don't need to hire an engineer/designer to cobble up a design.

Just remember to keep it light or it can become extremely difficult to raise and lower it,

Tags
ace, replace, replacement