Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Still going through the discovery process on my new '07 Journey. Here's what I found is no longer available on the '07's which was either standard or optional on prior year units:

CB Antenna -- discontinued for '07
50' Air Hose -- standard on '06 and prior
Built-in hair dryer -- standard on '05 and prior
Smart Wheel (w/ CAT C7) -- discontinued for '07
Coffee Maker -- standard on '05 and prior
Oven -- not available for '07

What is now standard on '07 from prior year:

Automatic Leveling Jacks -- optional prior to '07 w/ manual jacks standard
8KW Quiet Diesel Generator -- was 7.5KW generator prior

I may have missed a couple items, but this is the list I discovered. Some of the old amenities were nice to have. Now I have to go out and acquire some of these items myself (just installed an under-the-counter coffee pot -- boy was that a pain!).

Don't know about others, but all these little items surely increased my customer satisfaction in the past.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Still going through the discovery process on my new '07 Journey. Here's what I found is no longer available on the '07's which was either standard or optional on prior year units:

CB Antenna -- discontinued for '07
50' Air Hose -- standard on '06 and prior
Built-in hair dryer -- standard on '05 and prior
Smart Wheel (w/ CAT C7) -- discontinued for '07
Coffee Maker -- standard on '05 and prior
Oven -- not available for '07

What is now standard on '07 from prior year:

Automatic Leveling Jacks -- optional prior to '07 w/ manual jacks standard
8KW Quiet Diesel Generator -- was 7.5KW generator prior

I may have missed a couple items, but this is the list I discovered. Some of the old amenities were nice to have. Now I have to go out and acquire some of these items myself (just installed an under-the-counter coffee pot -- boy was that a pain!).

Don't know about others, but all these little items surely increased my customer satisfaction in the past.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Somebody probably got a bonus for reducing costs. Our '05 didn't come with a coffee maker; it was a late model-year build so I guess they had already dropped it. We do love having both the conventional oven and the convection-microwave. The CB antenna is so-so; ours has already been replaced once under warranty for the common rust-spring syndrome. (Does Winnie run a cable to the roof or what as part of their '07 CB prep?) I like my Smart Wheel, though I've read of electrical connection problems with some units.

Oh well, you pays your money and takes your chances....

05 Journey 36G CAT C7
diesellabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Bummer. I like my coffee maker, althought I understand when it does crash, there is not an identical replacement for it.

As far as the CB antenna, I don't think you are missing much these days without a CB.

The little coiled black air hose that was with mine was crummy (if that is what came with the coach). Replaced it with a good air hose.

We have the hair dryer but the DW prefers her own and I'm way too ugly to bother with using a hair dryer.

Smart Wheel?? Not something I have or know about but does it make the driver smarter??

Oven?? We use it primarily to store a couple of pans. I think we used it once. I understand a full oven is now an option on most.

Everything changes......
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

FWIW: I have a 2007 Itasca Meridian 36G with the Cat C7 (sister ship to the Journey). It came with the SmartWheel as an option.

stay safe,
John
jthvalkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:10 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I'm assuming the same relative to some of these issues. We sorely miss the coffee pot. The installation of the new one was a pain. Had to remove the cabinet inner base to add a securing block of wood to mount the under-cabinet spacemaker coffee pot. Still working on the electrical hookup (which won't be trivial either).

The DW liked the hair dryer. Me -- I don't have much use for one (a little thin up there ).

We actually get a lot of use out of the oven, as I like to cook and we do a fair amount of boondocking. We had Winnebago retrofit an oven into the unit (at additional cost!!).

I am guessing that there were reliability issues with the smart wheel, and that's why it was discontinued.

On the CB antenna, the one on our '00 Journey didn't work too well; but to install one on the new one will be significant work (No, there is no wiring to the roof). I use it primarily to monitor road conditions when there is a backup.

So I agree that some of these items may be of questionable use, but to replace them is costing a lot more than if the factory would have installed them in the first place.

Sure wish some of these things were available, even as options.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

The full oven was a selling point for us and we have used it several times. Ours came with an air hose and CB antenna, but no SmartWheel as ours has the 'baby' Cummins. I guess they have to make a few changes year over year to distinguish the model years?

----
boulderado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smlranger:
Bummer. I like my coffee maker, althought I understand when it does crash, there is not an identical replacement for it.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Black & Decker still makes the SpaceSaver under-cabinet coffee-makers. I've seen them in Wal-Mart a few times, for about $50. and a quick google searce turned up many on-line retailers that stock them.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote