Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

What to do??

We are not looking to go full time nor buy a MH till the end of this year as we live in an apartment now and would need to pay storage. The quandary is that we have come across a 2004 Adventurer 37B that, on paper sounds like it is in great shape and ready to go (tires open to ?) with only 19,000 miles. The owner is under pressure to sell due to economics and is asking $45,000. We are in Colorado and the MH is in NY. My question:

Do you agree that this is a real good price or is this price easy to find on this model/year?

Ho would you proceed?
osgoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Good signs of a SCAM.
Owner in a hurry.
RV is a long ways away which cuts down on the chance to inspect.
Sounds too good to be true.

Tell them you want to fly our and inspect it first. If they say it's somewhere else or it's unavailable to inspect then for sure it's a scam.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Good signs of a SCAM.
Owner in a hurry.

Tell them you want to fly our and inspect it first. If they say it's somewhere else or it's unavailable to inspect then for sure it's a scam.
Good comment. I would not put any money towards this without having it inspected by an independent RV tech company and then an inspected by my wife and I. Assuming that part is covered, what is the thought on my original question?

Thanks again
Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Check NADA and see what the price is like. I haven't a clue about that unit. Some people think the tires need to be changed at 5 to 7 years. Michelin says they need to be inspected every year starting at the 5th year and absolutely replaced at 10 years. We went 8 years with no trouble on our Michelins.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Check NADA Guides for a price. The market is low retail with no options added. Do not deal on an RV that you cannot physically see and inspect. Ask to the see the original title to prove ownership.

There are more scams out there right now than Carter had pills. There are honest people out there selling RVs but the scams are all over, so you have to be suspicious of everyone.

Ken
Old 01-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Good signs of a SCAM.
Owner in a hurry.

I agree. Be very careful.
gajd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

If you google '2004 Adventurer 37B' you get several hits with retail prices just above the 45k you mentioned. Some are old, some current.
So, they are common, & 45k is about the current real price.
No need to jump on it. IMHO.
You have a lot of options for 50K, take your time.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

My advice would be to purchase your motor home at least 3 months before you plan to start full-timing. Take it on short trips to local campgrounds (weekend trips and such) to thoroughly de-bug it and have time to get everything ready to "hit the road".
Delrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks to all for the feedback. My wife and I just came in from doing another round at the local dealers in the North Denver area. The first place had a 2006 Itasca Suncruiser 37B with everything we needed. They were asking $81K but also said "Make an offer". The second place had the same unit we had looked at before, also a Suncruiser 37B. They are asking $72,500. Both are consignment.

We will continue to look around but have zeroed in on the Winnebago Adventurer (37B) or the Itasca Suncruiser (37B). We are looking for the 37 foot model and not the 35 foot version and prefer the Itasca. If anyone knows of a great deal in the 2004 - 2008 range please let us know.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

R.V. Purchase

Osgoor.
Just a reminder thet Huricane Sandy went through New York, New Jersey and Conn. and did a lot of damage. Be aware of water damage and the like when buying from that area.
lyledavid
lyledavid is offline   Reply With Quote