Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2020, 03:48 PM   #1
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Water Pump and Lighting Problem

Hi, 2018 Intent 26M owner. Really have a weird situation. All of sudden the lights from my bath and shower to bedroom went extremely dim. When I shut off the water pump switch the lights got regular brightness.

Next, the water pump would not work and the lights would not come on at all.

Next, water pump works and when running the lights flicker.

Next the propane alarm gave alarm beep every so often and light was solid red.

Next I turned the pump switch off again and the propane alarm stops beeping and light goes back to green.

BTW...My unit does not have a controller I can see and I have checked wiring at pump and it appears to be correct and no problems. I did replace my batteries and install a battery monitor with display mounted below the water pump and gas switches.

Next, remove control panel to see if visible wire problem (none visible) and decide to remove the 3 wires connected to pump switch and reconnect to see if that would help...the switch light will now not go out no matter what position the switch is in...I am 99% positive I replaced wires in correct place.

HELP!!! This is really frustrating and I have no idea how to proceed.

Hoping someone else had issue and fixed. Thanks for your help. Bill
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Hoping someone else had issue and fixed. Thanks for your help. Bill
On battery, plugged in or both? If only on battery, have you checked your voltages/connections?
Old 04-23-2020, 08:15 PM   #3
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
On battery, plugged in or both? If only on battery, have you checked your voltages/connections?
So normally I am a fan of brevity but...If you want to help I need more detail

Wat...if only on battery? Do you mean do I have problem when on shore power? I don't need the water pump on shore power because I am also hooked to fresh water supply when I use the shore power. I will have to check that I guess but not even sure the water pump is supposed to work then.

Does it? Thanks for your help
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
Old 04-24-2020, 03:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:

Wat...if only on battery? Do you mean do I have problem when on shore power? I don't need the water pump on shore power because I am also hooked to fresh water supply when I use the shore power. I will have to check that I guess but not even sure the water pump is supposed to work then.

Everything you've described sounds like a low battery.
Test the voltage at the battery, I expect it's well below 12.6 volts, likely below 12.
Plug in the RV to shore power (don't connect the water hose) and let the device that charges your battery go to work. I assume your RV has a converter, but I don't know that for sure. It shouldn't take too long for pump and lights to start working properly again.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:39 AM   #5
Site Team

I’ve moved your post and associated responses to its own new thread. When posting a new question about a new problem it’s always best to post this as a new thread rather than add it to an older existing thread on a different issue.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:10 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:

Wow, seriously? I wasn't the one asking for help, you were. You didn't provide enough information, so I asked for more information and then you don't really give it?

Guess what? It is possible to have a power connection without a water connection. That was the situation the last time I was at a park.

But whatever. I no longer desire to help you.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:30 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Sounds like a low house battery. When running the water pump, you will use lots of 12v power, causing lights to dim. When hooked to shore power, your converter will provide 12v power for the most part, but occasionally will shut down for momentary cooling, and let batteries take over. If they are low, lights will dim.

I had the perfect storm, my chassis batteries seemed to not take much of a charge, even after driving all day, they were 7 years old, so I replaced them, seemed to help some. 4 months later the alternator quit. I had to run the generator, to drive the RV to a shop to get it replaced. Then I started noticing dimming of my coach lights occasionally. I found that out with my 7 year old house batteries not charging up, the converter was doing all the work. Once replaced, all was back to normal.

Apparently, I did not need new chassis batteries, but a local Kenworth shop had those big suckers for $75 each, so not too bad of a hit.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

1. Check connections between house batteries, remove and clean until surface of terminal is shiny, use some dielectric grease and reconnect.

2. Check negative power cable to chassis. Remove and clean, same process as above.

3. Disconnect your newly installed battery monitor. If not properly wired, it may be creating a parasitic draw.

4. See if converter charges batteries. Might be possible you've got a bad converter. If it needs replacement, be sure to only install a 'smart' multi-stage unit.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:06 AM   #9
2018 Intent 26M Owner

I have upgraded batteries to 100AH AGMs and upon install added a bluetooth battery monitor, Both are performing beautifully so not a battery issue