Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2019, 10:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Washer/Dryer???

We are new Winnebago owners of a 2015 Vista 36Y. It is coming in from Arizona and will be checked/detailed upon arrival. We would like to add a washer/dryer while it is being checked. Question - Which is better the combo or a stackable?

Thanks
Franksteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:09 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franksteer View Post
We are new Winnebago owners of a 2015 Vista 36Y. It is coming in from Arizona and will be checked/detailed upon arrival. We would like to add a washer/dryer while it is being checked. Question - Which is better the combo or a stackable?

Thanks
If you have room for stackers, I'd go that route. We've got a single combo unit and it's a 20-30 minute wash cycle and 100 minute dry cycle to do 3 towels. That's a long time to wait for doing the next load of wash.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:22 PM   #3
Site Team

We have stacked W/D in our Adventurer. My wife says it's the best option we have on the RV. By the way, ours came OEM with the Splendide W/D pairs and when it did I thought that I would have preferred the Whirlpool units instead. But not only has the Splendide been... splendid, but I see lots of posts from folks that went with the Whirlpool and have had a lot of reliability problems.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:33 PM   #4
Wandering Two

I've not heard anything good about the single unit. My understandin is the load capacity is small, and it dries poorly. We have a stacked pair, and they work great. We do a load most days, and that takes care of all the laundry for my wife and me.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:33 PM   #5
Site Team

One good thing you can say about the single unit. It beats having to go to a laundry and doing laundry there.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:49 PM   #6
Wandering Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomB View Post
One good thing you can say about the single unit. It beats having to go to a laundry and doing laundry there.
Some friends just told us today, that they use their single unit for washing, and still take the wet clothes to the campground laundry room for drying.

I personally don't know, just saying...
Old 03-03-2019, 11:33 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

The combo units are for those units that will only accommodate a combo. If you have room for the stacked by all means install the stacked! They are wonderful.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Winnie 36Y

Hi Guys - we have a 36y and love it... we went with a spendetite Combo - we kept the storage over the washer in the bathroom... yes it takes some time to do the laundry - but it’s not an issue - just do more loads... after all - we’re not in a rush now that we’re retired..

We also did a bunch of suspension upgrades - love the way it handles now...

Jim, Suzie and Marlee (our dog)...
jamesdbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Bought 2001 Dynasty with Splendide combo. Wife used it once and then refused to use it for all the negatives discussed. She wanted me to remove it for extra storage space prior to our 2012 Alaska trip. I never got to it. While on the trip, I read the directions and online tips and taught her how to use it. Alaska laundry prices were an added incentive. Purchased 2009 Foretravel wired and plumbed for either a combo or stacked WD. Installed new Splendide combo and she is very happy. She would be unwilling to give up the shirt closet for the stacked WD.

I hope that this helps!
djpauls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:16 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Cool

Ok I have to say something good about the single unit W/D combo.
Uuumm well best thing you load it up cloths, soap, fabric softener at night, and Waw-la clean cloths in the am. Ya it take several hours to dry, but what else you got to do while campin or traveling. NOT spoze to be in a hurry. Lol. I put one in our 04 Adventure, and low and behold the board I replaced for the new mattress we put in was to big and had to modify the board so it does not smash into the W/D. I'll try a photo but don't get your hopes to high. I can turn a wrench way better then a computer key.
Nope not smart enough
Barny750 is offline   Reply With Quote