Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2021, 10:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Wall covering loose

The wall covering near the front of the cab above the loft bed in my Sunstar has peeled off the wall. It appears to be vinyl and the wall looks like particle board. What have folks used to glue it back? Any real prep work or just use a spray adhesive?
Thanks for your help,
Ed
edju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:59 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I would use the spray adhesive or better yet a good quality vinyl wallpaper paste. The real question is "Why did it peel to begin with?" It may be an indication of excessive moisture or a roof leak. I would perform a thorough inspection, both inside and out, before attempting any repairs. Otherwise, you may just be hideing the real problem.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Charlie, When I first noticed the peeling, I looked and poked at the wood wall and can see no sign of water seepage. I'll for sure take a closer look inside and out.
Thanks,
Ed
edju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Wall repair

I bought on Amazon 3.5 ml syringe with blunt tip needle. Gorilla glue in the syringe and was able to inject in some small areas where the wall paper had bubbled around the slide out. Also had some peeling of paper in the bathroom top corner. Appears to not really adhered well. The gorilla glue wood glue did the trick. I would recommend you look at your roof to verify you do not have any roof leaks, just to be sure.