Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2021, 10:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

VR182 Jensen

I am having an issue not only with sound but power as well. Adventurer 38 T. There are two switches on the dash TV / Radio and Engine / House. When the key is on and on Engine the radio comes on but with no sound. When I switch to House I get no power or sound. I am making sure the battery switch is on and I have tested power to the fuse and from the fuse that powers the coach dash. I can play the TV with surround sound using a remote control so I wonder if I am missing a function there.

I have also tested the cellunoid that is powered by the battery switch and it works fine as well. I just replaced both switches on the dash and I still get nothing. I have had multiple conversations with Winnebago customer support. One told me there is a switch above the passenger seat for the speakers and there is none. Another even sent me a drawing that pointed out a speaker switch in the satellite box above the passenger seat and there is not switch. Yet another told me that they installed a switch by the entertainment system in the living area. No switches at all.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I talked with the reps for the VR182 and they now tell me they have updated that system 5 times and the new units are bigger and will not plug and play. I am leaning towards a bad radio unit or even a broken wore or something that might be causing this issue. Others say that there is a switch that has been turned off.

any help would be greatly appreciated
jefftab is offline   Reply With Quote