Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-16-2021, 10:40 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Resurrecting an old thread, but I saw where the original poster, Lowdie24, had inquired about upgrading the fan on a Vista 27PE. I just posted another thread on this topic.

Lowdie24: Did you ever pull the trigger on this upgrade?

Thanks.
Packfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:06 PM   #22
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

Packfan,

No I never did pull the trigger. Having only had extremely limited use of the rig so far I haven't found the need to change out the fans.
On a good note though, heading out for a few nights this Easter weekend. Need to get some nights and kilometres on the bus!
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:16 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Lowdie.

Enjoy the trip. We are heading to Death Valley next week which will be our first big outing with the new (to us) coach.
Old 03-17-2021, 01:05 PM   #24

Let us know how the Death Valley jaunt goes; as we don't pull a toad I'm leary about heading there but it's definetly on my list of high priority visits.
Just need to learn the logistics without a second vehicle.
I'd be quite happy to camp outside and explore with a rental car if there's agency outlets closeby.
Old 03-17-2021, 02:21 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

I think Death Valley is a tough place to explore much without a second vehicle. We will be towing a Jeep Wrangler and we plan on doing some on and off road excursions.
I heard the closest rental car place is in Las Vegas which is a ways away. It looks like there is a place in the Park that rents Jeeps, but it is very pricey. Might be worth it for a day or two though.
Old 03-17-2021, 04:25 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdie24 View Post
Was able to get out for an inaugural four day 300 Km shake down cruise. Glad to say everything worked well with no issues, and was not terribly unhappy with the handling. For now I will hold off on doing any suspensions until we put a few hundred more kilometres on the rig and ensure their needed. If so will start with the rear anti sway bar and the Steering Stabilizer.
One mod I will do soon is to install a Black Water Tank external flushing port ( akin to the SAN T Flush we had on the 22 M). There’s easy access to the Black Tank through the Wet Bay so I can install a flush wand directly into the tank there.
I thought about installing a 1000W inverter but the install pkg from Winnebago ( 1000 Watt Xantrex inverter, auto change over switch and cabling) from Winnebago is roughly estimated at $1300 Cdn, plus shipping,
duty etc so probably not moving ahead on that one. Too much coin to power up a TV that we hardly watch in any case.

However very happy to see the work we did in organizing the cupboards and pantry worked well.

I'm surprised your rig did not come with a black water flush system. My 2020 Sunstar 27P came with it installed in the wet bay.
NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:41 PM   #27

I too was surprised it wasn’t an OEM install. No matter it’s in and working. Took a bit of acrobatic body manipulation to feed the water line from the electrical bay forward into the wet bay for the external hookup but done. Probably the hardest part (mentally anyway) was putting the hole saw into the Blacktank for the sprayer head mount.