Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2019, 06:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Vista LX 35F problems

Well we finally found time to escape the cold and go south when leaving a campground in Georgia the bedroom slide would not retract, I switched the rear modulator with the front and it retracted , Heading south on I-95 in Florida the engine seemed to be missing a beat hear and there, we pulled into the nearest Ford dealer only to find the couldn’t work on the vehicle, I limped another 25 miles south to a dealer who could accommodate the coach,, I suspected the fuel pump was bad, well we had to leave it so we opened the rear slide to get clothes out of the drawers and....... the slide wouldn’t retract!!!!!!! ��$250 later a mobile RV repair got the slide retracted now we find the there is a break in the wiring harnesses between the rocker switch and the modulator. A harness is ordered, it may take several hours to install it Now the ford dealer informed me the fuel pump was bad. It took 2 weeks for the part to show up. When a bay was available in the shop in she went, ......only to find the lift was to small, and it has to wait another day for a bigger bay with a bigger lift to free up. I’m not sure what I did to have all the bad karma fall on me, but.......... If I find out what SOB is sticking pins in the voodoo doll, he better look �� out Okay that’s off my chest
Coosguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Sure sorry to hear about all of the problems. I have been generally lucky while "on the road" but there have been times when I swear our coach hates me and exists only to make me suffer. We get through it. This too shall pass. Hey, at least you know what the problem(s) are......better than chasing phantoms. Keep the faith and wishing you the best of luck going forward.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:12 PM   #3
Site Team

Yeah, but remember RVing is so much fun!
Old 03-21-2019, 12:01 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I can't wait till mine breaks down, but then I'm blessed to fix it myself. Of course I am pulling a 12×8 garage behind me. All the amenities.
Dude and dudets, stay away from the dealership to fix your vehicles. Those stories about the bays not big enough and why it took so long for a fuel pump, and all the other BS they give you, I'll bet a dallor to a donut they were looking at part of the time. There excuses why they can find the problems. There I feel better getting that off my chest. Dealers are crocked. They have to pay for there commercials.
Ok have a Terrific day.
Barny750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Vista LX 35F problems - I feel your pain!

I have the same RV. I, too have had several problems (also on the way to Florida...twice) and the same problems finding someone to fix it. One Ford dealer said they don't have th wiring diagrams for my RV...THEY ARE ONLINE!!! Another Ford service garage actually removed the fuse for the brake lights and didn't put it back. I drove about 1,600 miles with no brake lights and didn't know it since I had no one behind me to see that I didn't.

I ended up going to Winnebago factory in August for two issues and again in November for seventeen other issues (mostly small things...but the warranty was going to end soon, so got them fixed). They were super helpful and efficient. They provide those with appointments AND drop-ins with a campsite with electricity. In August I was a drop-in and had to wait a week to reach the top of the list, but they did a great job. In November I was the only one on the list and was seen immediately.

It was a long way to drive for such service, but I had a campsite and all the parts were right there on site. They know Winnebago motorhomes BEST of anyone.

So I recommend going there (make an appointment if you know you're going to be up that way in the future). Its in Forest City, Iowa.

My Motorhome still has things happen to it, but overall I'm very happy with it. It is my home and it definitely feels like home.

I wish you well...happy motoring!
RenGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:47 PM   #6
Wandering Winnie

Sorry to hear of your problems. I have the same MH. Sounds like you had one made on a friday. Apparently I have one made on a monday. No major problems at all. Couple of small items that I fixed myself. Over all I love my MH, now that I got rid of that terrible couch.
kc8kix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems