Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2020, 07:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Vista LX 35F - Outdoor Light & Light Bar

Hello,

new owner of Vista LX 35F... Anyone know where the lightswitch is for the outside flood light next to the door and the lighted grab bar?
shcthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Year will likely be important.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:21 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

2016 Vista LX 35F

It is 2016
shcthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 12:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

On drawings, I see two switches side by side near the door. I see an outside light but nothing about the handle lighting.
So is this a new to you or an RV which you know well? Thought is to question if the handle does actually light and what the two switches might do as I would expect one to be for an inside light and one for outside.
The drawing I've snipped and copied shows the left of those two switches to be outside and right being an inside light. The wiring code for the outside shows the bottom wire marked as JF coming from the a 15 amp breaker called circuit 4 and wire PL going to the porch lamp.
The right switch shows wire JC is battery from a different 15 amp breaker on circuit 1 and feeding out to an inside light on wire PJ.
But that is always assuming there has not been a change made in the wiring by previous owners, etc. so approach with a bit of skeptical caution!
If this seems to be what fits your RV, I might pull those switches and check for battery coming in on the lower wires and going out on the upper when the switch is on. If no battery found, then look at the breakers.

ADDED:
This is the wire ID chart and each wire should have a label along the side for the codes.
https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram...ical_guide.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	light.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	174596   Click image for larger version

Name:	light switch.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	174597  

Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:52 PM   #5
Site Team

On our Adventurer, the handle is clear just like the kind that light. But nope, it's a cruel trick. Easy way to tell - at least the way I did it - was unscrew the mounts and you'll see there are no wires there.

As to our outside light, it's down low in the step well row of switches and on ours it's next to the awning IN/OUT switch.
I looked and the switches are not the same on your coach as mine.

I'm sorry I don't know where they put it on your Vista for sure.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

On our Vista, the switch is just under the countertop as you come in the door, I’ve circled the switches in yellow in the attached pic. The switch on the left controls the outside light and and the one on the right is the inside lights.

As others have noted, despite REALLY looking like it should, the grab handle doesn’t light up outside. Several people have wired a LED in there to make them light up if you decide you want them to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8FF58849-4C20-46F5-B072-B04D0FE23385.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	174609  
Blastvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:33 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Follow on, we have a 2015 Vista 35B. Not sure why my signature disappeared with that info but will update now.

Tags
door, light