Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2019, 09:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Vista lx 30T sways when parked and jacks down.

Morning, I have a question, we have a 2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T and when we are parked and have the jacks down it the motorhome rocks and sways whenever we are moving around inside. Is there anything that can be done to eliminate this or at least minimize this?

Joe
JoeLui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:07 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

There is always some movement but not much. Have you verified that all 4 jacks are down nd touching the surface?

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:32 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Yes, they are. I expect a little but of movement but not as much as there is.
JoeLui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:36 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Do a manual jack setup and see if that helps. Could be the auto needs some adjustment to make thamtighter to the ground.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Make sure all tires have some weight on them and the rig is not high off the ground. Levelers level the rig only and not designed to support the rig totally off the ground.
DGundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:54 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Seems rather unusual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLui View Post
Morning, I have a question, we have a 2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T and when we are parked and have the jacks down it the motorhome rocks and sways whenever we are moving around inside. Is there anything that can be done to eliminate this or at least minimize this?

Joe
Hi Joe

We have the exact same rig and have never experienced any noticeable rocking or swaying when moving around inside? Good luck!
tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:10 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Put wood blocks under jacks

I have a 2014 Vista 30T. I also noticed swaying. I carry wood blocks with me so the jacks don’t have to extend very far. I cut my blocks to size so they don’t take up much room. The less the jacks extend the less sway.
SplitTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2017 Vista LX and I have noticed sway as well. But it is much better since I got the CHF done. Driving is like night and day. Parked it's better but occasionally I will feel some movement, not all the time but occasionally.

I wonder if you have to extend the levelers more to get less sway. Sometimes I won't extend the levelers a great deal because I'm mostly level to start with. I wonder if I'm not extending enough. I always manually use the levelers.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:54 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Jack pads need to be on something solid. If not on hard ground or pavement, you need boards or the plastic supports under them. Also do the jacks before you put the slides out.
Greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:57 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I had my step-son build 2x4 boards upright in a box. I put a small 1/2" foam pad on top of those. sometimes I'm on concrete, and sometimes gravel. I don't notice a difference between the two in the past. I just wonder if I'm not extending the levelers enough. But it has been less with the CHP.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:44 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

The levelers have to be down far enough to eliminate bounce from the suspension and tires plus do have to be on solid ground or down far enough to have compacted soft ground.

On soft ground or even some soft pavement its not unusual after a short time to have the ground/pavement settle requiring the levelers be put down a little further to sure things up.

Aside from that if the levelers are hydraulic do ensure that the reservoir is full and not pumping air into the system as a little air can create a lot of bounce.

Tags
jacks