Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Vista 36Y

Anyone Have one of these? Going to purchase this unit and would to hear about anyones exp. with the model. Good or Bad. Seems perfect for us and it's our first MH so any input is welcome.
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Lots of posts here and on the Ford section about newer Winn. gassers. Good and bad. You should search and read. Be sure you drive it a ways.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Have the 35B and no real problems to speak of. A couple of minor warranty items and a few add ons to make it "mine". We love it! Enjoy yours and have fun!!!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HerbZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

You can't beat the chassis it is on, so have no worries about that. The newer F53 chassis drives well, tracks well, doesn't get pushed around by wind or big rigs and has plenty of power. When we were looking for ours we drove that model and were really impressed by the ride. We ended up with a Newmar as we liked the interior a little better, and how the storage bays were set up, and the one we got had the 26,000 lb chassis as an upgrade. We seriously considered Winnebago, Tiffin, and Newmar, all were on the same chassis. You will love it, they are all great quality it is really all about what your preferences are and the floorplan.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Well be pulled the trigger and closed on this unit Friday....love it
Old 02-01-2015, 08:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrobath View Post
Well be pulled the trigger and closed on this unit Friday....love it
Congratulations! This is one of the plans we have been considering, but there aren't any nearby to see. Could you possibly post some pics of the interior with the slides in? We can't decide if losing access to the kitchen when travelling is a deal breaker for us. With the slides in, we assume you can open the fridge, but maybe not get to the stove/microwave? Thanks!
edit4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Yea this is the second one sold in Houston and they have their third one featured in the RV show this weekend. We left our new MH at the dealer for a few days till our storage unit is ready and we also left them a short list of things to address that we found on our PDI and walkthru. So we will get you some pic's as soon as we can. But you are right with the slides in you can access the fridge and several of the cabinets but the stove & microwave are blocked in. You can get to the sink from the back side over the countertop since it is on the peninsula. We did not see that as an issue for us.... hopefully as we use it we won't be proved wrong. If your at a stop you could open the slide a little to get in if you had to make popcorn or something, but it didn't seem like any big deal for us.

You can also only access the bedroom from the bathroom with the slide closed too, but again no big deal. However when its open the storage and walk around space is incredable. We have looked at every MH with a king bed and this is the easiest to walk around and access to make the bed. We loved the floor plan from the web site but even more so in person. Feel free to ask about any other aspect of the 36y be glad to help out if I can. .
Old 02-01-2015, 11:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Congrats...good luck and safe travels.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:55 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Dkrobath,

Now that you have owned your 36y for a while and have likely put some miles on it, can you let me know about the power / handling when loaded? Do you tow a car or something with it? If so, how is the power / handling then? Have you figured out your MPG with this unit? Much of a difference found when towing (assuming you are towing with it)?
Thanx in advance for your response. We are seriously considering that unit as well. We have never owned a Class A before just fifth wheels and a truck camper, so any help would be appreciated. We took one out for a test drive, it seemed great. Handling and power were good, but it wasn't loaded either.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:25 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Slyfox,

We have had ours since May and have been traveling for the last 2 months. No problems whatsoever, unless we caused them. Love the rig. Still getting use to driving it but we are progressing.

We are heading to Dallas to MCD to get shades installed for the front. Curtains are a big pest. Also a solar panel for storage to keep the batteries charged. We also didn't like the shift pattern so we bought 5 Start tune, installed it a week ago and love its shifting pattern.

That is about it. If you have any questions let me know.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:42 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Thanx Sue and Tom,

About the shifting patterns. Was that in or out of "tow/haul" mode (or in both). Does the ride seem as good loaded as when it was empty (if you remember)? Have you done any MPG calcs, as I can't find anything with the V10 on a large motorhome? This is more just curiosity on what one could expect.

Cheers
Old 10-27-2015, 04:43 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

We always use tow/haul on the highway so the shifting pattern was with it on. Most noticeable was when slowing down. MH downshifted faster. We seem to be getting 7.5-8 per gal, we generally go 60-65.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 12-21-2015, 10:59 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Just went to the Winnie site to see how and what they may have changed on the 2016 36y's and to my surprise it seems this model may have been dropped or discontinued. It does not appear on the 2016 lineup in the new website at all. I have since seen a few You Tube videos of 16's but nothing mentioned on the website. Anyone else notice this?

Texas Boomers and FMCA members
Old 12-21-2015, 12:20 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrobath View Post
Just went to the Winnie site to see how and what they may have changed on the 2016 36y's and to my surprise it seems this model may have been dropped or discontinued. It does not appear on the 2016 lineup in the new website at all. I have since seen a few You Tube videos of 16's but nothing mentioned on the website. Anyone else notice this?
Yes, they dropped that model in the 2016 Vista LX lineup. Sorry, I have no idea why. However, they are still using that F53 chassis with extra long wheel base on some different Vista LX models.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:27 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Wow, I am surprised. I thought it was fairly popular. For us, it was the only floorplan that met our requirements. I know the 36Y was there several months ago.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 12-22-2015, 08:02 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

I guess we have a collectors model now.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:28 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

We have the Itasca 36y. Have had it out for three short trips. Right now it's at CW for warranty work. Biggest problem is a terrible squeak in big slide. Planning on taking off for warmer weather right after Christmas. We love the floor plan.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:49 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Yea I think everyone get's that squeak.... here is the fix for it. You should do this every 6 months or wait till it squeaks again, it's easy to do. We love the floor plan too just wish the slides were a little deeper but it did fulfill 95% of our wishlist. Hard to believe it has been discontinued so quickly.

Dave

Old 12-23-2015, 06:50 AM   #19
Winnie-Wise

My DH didn't believe me when I told him how to fix the squeak. He did it and the squeak went away.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 12-23-2015, 06:28 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

I saw an Itasca Sunstar 36Y 2016 advertised on a dealer site. Possibly they just dropped the duplication and are just going to have the Itasca 36Y.