Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Vista 35F running lights

Two of the running lights above the windshield in my Vista 35F are not working. I got up there wanting to remove the cover and check the bulbs but can't figure out how to get it apart. Called the dealer and they said that some of them don't come apart they are one complete unit which seems a little strange. Anyone own a Vista that has changed a bulb and can tell me how to get them apart??

Nick
2011 Vista 35F
hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a Vectra 40AD but sounds like lights may ne the.same. Had some water I.side the lens. The lens will not come off. Found by3 turning..g .Cds the whole lamp. Will.come.out. it os a.LED and does not come.apart. The lamp ass'y is held on to the base, just a.littwist & it will come.out. the wires are.attached.with a.cl
connector. I ceiled a.small hole and used vadim to.remove water.
Vern

C
Old 10-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

My last post was from my Droid X2 and was pretty bad. On my Vectra there is a mounting ring attached to the recess in the cap. There are 2 slots that connect to the tabs on the light which is a sealed LED. A little CCW twist will remove it. There is a 2 pin connector on the back of light to remove light from wires. I removed the small amt of water from the light by drilling a small hole in the lens and using a "FoodSealer" to vacum it dry, resealed and good to go.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hudson, after reading your post I went out to check my 2011 Vista 35F and found one of the running lights out. I just gently used a screwdriver on the end of the lens cover and it popped right off. I jiggled the bulb and it came on so it was just loose. I pulled out the bulb and spread the two wires a little to make a better connection. All is working now.
mpasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Mpasso,

Thank you, I got the same advice this morning on another forum and went over and found it to be the same as yours. Both of mine just had the bulbs lying loose inside. I didn't think of spreading the wires so if they go off again I'll do that. I've found that the 35F manuals are very confusing and I think I'll be be posting a lot of questions here. I've only had mine for 10 days and I'm having a hard time figuring everything out.

Thanks again

Nick
2011 Vista 35F
Old 10-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hudson - glad it worked out. I've had my 2011 35F for 4 months and still learning things. There is a Vista 35F forum on this sight that was recently started. Might be the best place to post your questions since there are more senior members there. This is my first motorhome so I'm very Junior when it comes to these things.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks again mpasso. I just tried to find a sub-forum for the 35F and didn't find it. Can you tell me how to find the 35F forum?

Nick
Old 10-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Hudson - Here's the link to the Vista 35F sub forum.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/vista-35f-owners-99344.html

If you use the search feature at the top of the page next to your Welcome name and type Vista 35F it should find any postings related to this model.

Tags
lights