Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the responses Lost1 and taboky. Also appreciate the tip on gluing a screen to the cover.
mpasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:59 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

mpasso you should also have the Ford Chassis manual somewhere. It is in it's own black case and is about the size of a Readers Digest. Your tires are out of balance. Mine did the same thing so I took it back, again, to my dealer and he took it to a Ford truck garage. They managed to get it a lot smoother and it's now comfortable to drive. This was, I assume, covered under the warranty because it cost me nothing. I would call Winnebago Customer Service and bitch long and loud about having to pay for anything while it's under warranty. Get everything fixed now and if it's a recurring problem make sure Winnebago Cust. Service has a record of it before your warranty expires. This is my 6th motorhome and trust me, they are not cheap to repair once the warranty is over. Your eletrical problems are especially disturbing and if it were me I would be looking into your state's Lemon Law to see if it covers motorhomes.
TerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #23
Winnie-Wise

It MAY depend on refer make and model, but our Norcold does not have a drain from the freezer compartments, only drain is from refer sections. We always use towels to remove the water from the freezer compartments before putting it back in storage
Ed
Old 09-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

TerryJ, glad to hear you resolved your tire balance issue. I'm getting a bad vibration at about 45-50 mph. The dealer where I purchased told me I had to take it to the Ford dealer myself for the tires. The Ford dealer told me Winnebago will only reimburse them $80 of the cost to do the road force test and balance and I'd have to pay the difference (up to $40 per tire). I was already planning to call Winnebago back to see what they say. I've reported all problems to Winnebago to ensure it's documented. I agree I should be paying nothing while under warranty especially since I've only had the MH 3 months and these problems were document in the first two weeks. Part of the problem is my Dealer. They are not helpful and even told me I should drive the MH to the Winnebago factory and have them fix everything (not what I'm thinking). The next closest Winnebago dealer is two hours away so I'm contacting them to see what we can work out.
mpasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

You need to coordinate with Winnie customer service so your RV doesn't sit around at a dealer 2 hours away as a low priority job. The damage from water in that relay compartment is a serious problem that demands a really good repair facility or factory maintenance. Considering your investment Iowa City is not really a stretch. A compartment with standing water should have been evident during purchase inspection.
Old 11-26-2021, 02:11 PM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

Yep, new owner.
YooperNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 04:35 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Hello blog
Owner of 2012, vista, 36f. Having pump issue. No apparent water leaks, all faucets turned off, but pump is cycling on and off periodically.
We had bathroom shower walls replaced this year - not sure if that has anything to do with it but latest fix/repair.
Bought a new pump in case the pump is the issue.
Wondering if anyone has insight into possible reason.
We’re simply turning pump off at moment until problem is figured put.
Thanks and Merry Christmas to all-and to all a good night.
Bruce brannum
[email protected]
Gentracker is offline   Reply With Quote