Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2019, 04:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Vista 31be

I had a thor previous to my need to be Vista 31be.
We had a really usefully model specific thread that ran for over 100 pages to include model specific tip and fixes modification, everything.
It was a great help to us so I thought I would start one here for the Vista 31be.
So to kick off I have the first question :-)
Englishjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

My winnebago vista 31be is in transit due for Deliverey in a month.
I need to swap out the dinnette for a set of seats with integral 3 point belts (in the U.k.)
I need
1.the measurement from kitchen forward to inside of the slide out (back to front)
2. The width of the seat base (slide wall to where the cabinetry finishes )

Thanks in advance

Jay
Old 01-07-2019, 08:35 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I’m not sure you’ll be able to attach a three point belt in any meaningful way. For the measurements, Winnebago should be able to provide detailed drawings with the measurements.

Good luck!
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
I’m not sure you’ll be able to attach a three point belt in any meaningful way. For the measurements, Winnebago should be able to provide detailed drawings with the measurements.

Good luck!
Hi Thanks.
We will use M1 rated seats with integral 3 point belts, in th eu/U.k. it is illegal for children to travel using a lap belt.

Feel free to google FASP 506 series seat if you are interested in what we plan to use. We may have to strengthen the mounting points , this is all no problem.

I will contact winnebago if nobody on here has an actual tape measure thanks.
But form winnebago i will likely just get quoted the stock bed size of the dinette. I wanted an accurate measurement from the point i had asked for thanks.

jay
Old 01-08-2019, 07:36 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I might be headed to my RV this weekend. If so, I can try and get the measurements.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:09 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thakyou So much
I need the width , distance from the rv wall to the end of the slide platform and length , kitchen sink unit forward to inside the slide wall

Jay
Old 01-22-2019, 11:22 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I was able to get the measurements and took some pics. If you can PM me your email address I’ll send them to you.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:55 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Great news! Picked up my vista from the docks last Friday and it survived the journey in fine form !

Due to different TV digital tunings the t.vs won't collect a signal.
I found by plugging a European TV digital receiver into the TV via hdmi and rerouting the t.vs coaxial to this I get signal. Awesome as last time I had to replace them

Next thing is to add my satellite dish and a bluray player.
Now I have literally no idea what I will find behind that metal cloak above the door but I am sure someone can guide me.

What will I need to do specifically to fit a bluray player to play through a choice of the front rear or outside t.v?
Again for the satellite tuning box which I guess will be located here too .

Is there splitters located behind the panel so a DVD or satellite signals simultaneously broadcast to all t.vs and you just choose the input on the t.v .?

Or is there a switch system to route a signal to a particular t.v. or do I need to install a system from scratch ?

I understand the cable and portable coax inputs on the coach rear outside, but I also have a pair by the rear t.v.
Are these outputs to the rear TV or inputs ? So if I was on cable I would need to swap the coax on the rear t.v to this socket to work ?

Lastly the coax inputs in the magic cupboard on the antenna switch...what are these for as satellite coax signals don't split between t.vs so I assumed my satellite receiver will go in the overhead cabinet the distribute with HD leads ?

See I,m a bit technophobe in this area so be gentle lol.

I have found I can will need to replace the dash radio as I can't get am signals we work on odd numbers but so far this has been an amazing week. Spent our. First night in the snow pics to follow
Old 02-06-2019, 04:58 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190201_133633.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	171008

Name:	received_1223574154461686.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	171009

Name:	20190201_163537.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	171010
Old 02-06-2019, 08:40 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Congrats!

My ‘17 doesn’t have any HDMI switching from the factory. There is a wall plug in the cubby to the left of the TV. I have a small Sony Blu-ray player in there.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:10 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

So I fitted DVDs direct to the t.vs and used the hdmi in the to move a TV satellite signal through the coach.

Fitted a 4g aerial directly above that entertainment cupboard by the door and installed a 4g router in there for wifi
Old 06-05-2019, 04:19 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Name:	20190601_120611.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	171683

Name:	20190601_111109.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	171684

These photos show a camera monitor I added , as I didnt like losing my navigation view when I indicated to turn. ( I swapped the original out for a cheap android unit )

The monitor had 2 component leads , yellow monitor , white sound.
The second photo shows the winnebago camera box located behind the radio.
I plugged both my comp leads into this box and wired the monitor using a ignition wire , ground and took the appropriate trigger wire from the radio and voila it works and with sound.

So the stock reversing camera has a working mic
Old 06-26-2019, 05:23 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

Not sure where the appropriate place to post this but here goes. Wanted to pass on some info in regard to a toad. I have a 2017 Vista 31KE and tow a 2003 Focus. I had a minor mishap and the cable from the coach to toad pulled out and I lost the connector on the toad end. I had a new connector put on and found I had no running lights. All other lights worked fine. Signals, stop, flashers, brake, just no running lights. I called Ford and they were no help. I call another Tech Support option (came with my rig) and asked about a separate fuse. They told me there wasn't one. Well turns out they were wrong. I looked in the owner's manual and found a fuse in the engine compartment labelled trailer park lights. Turns out this is also for the running lights. The fuse is number 15 (maxi fuse) in the fuse block. I pulled the fuse and it was blown. After replacing the fuse running lights are working fine. Just thought I'd pass along the info.
Rockfish is offline   Reply With Quote