Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2021, 07:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Vista 29VE without tailgate package

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. We've decided that a Vista/Sunstar 29ve will be our next rv. I'm curious if anyone has, or has seen a 29ve without the tailgate package. I would much rather have the additional storage than a fridge and sink. Also wondering how difficult it would be to remove the contents of the tailgate package. Thanks for any help or insights.
Caprail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:25 PM   #2
2017 Vista 29ve

I have seen one without it, and it really looked weird to me, as I love the outside kitchen, and use it all the time. But there are some out there without it.
corvetteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have the tailgate package on my Minnie Winnie 31g and removed the refrigerator for more storage. It was real easy. Remove some screws and bracket and your good to go.
Motts461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprail View Post
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. We've decided that a Vista/Sunstar 29ve will be our next rv. I'm curious if anyone has, or has seen a 29ve without the tailgate package. I would much rather have the additional storage than a fridge and sink. Also wondering how difficult it would be to remove the contents of the tailgate package. Thanks for any help or insights.
I've the 2021 Adventurer 29B with the same floorplan. I haven't seen any without the tailgate package. Originally I didn't want one either. But I've been converted after about six weeks of camping. Use it all the time. And my DW likes that I cook out more and she cooks less...

That said, just looking at the set-up, it would take some work to remove everything. You might also want to consider overall weight of the MH if you remove stuff to add cargo, as total cargo weight (including passengers and water) is only about 1,350 lbs.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:52 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

we agree - an outside kitchen was wasted space

We bought a new 2017 29VE back in 2017, and for us, the outside kitchen was a waste of space, so we ordered ours without it. It was wonderful having all that additional space, and space for larger things. We traded it in a couple of years later for a Forza DP. They MAY still have it for sale at Schaeffer's Truck and RV sales in Delta Ohio.
Digital_Don is offline   Reply With Quote