Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2019, 02:59 PM   #21
Dr.Hoopty

That's my next project. I did the poop cleaning tornado on my last coach and it made a huge difference. My water trick where I put 10 gallons in it before I use it works pretty good and in combination with the Rid-X it seems to control odors and my sensors work ok. I do have another question for you.....what made the biggest difference in your handling and wind gust control, the sway bar(s) or the track bar?
Dr. Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:58 PM   #22

In my 29VE, I did the CHF initially and it helped but replacing the sway bars was much better. And they did much more than the track bar. Gust control is better now but still an issue... the same with large trucks passing me.
ddaudelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Rather than the expense and trouble of adding a BWF system to your existing tank I suggest that you get an adapter that you connect to your main sewer dump. You attack the adapter between the sewer dump and your 3" dump hose. Then you attach a garden hose used only for flushing.

The adapter has a gate valve between the adapter and your dump hose. You close that gate valve and turn on the garden hose. Water under pressure flows back up and into your tank - and you can use it on either black or gray tanks. Then open the gate valve on the adapter and drain the backflush water. Do it two or three times with about 1/3rd to 1/2 of a tank of back flush water and you'll be cleaner than any black tank flush system.

Here's a link: https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Camco/CAM39062.html And there is a video there of how it works.

Here's a photo:
I have one of these. But I don't use it to connect to garden hose so much to do the flushing. Instead, my procedure is to 1st dump Black Tank. Then close the gate on the adapter and open gray tank gate with black tank gate still open. The gray seems to back flush the Black tanks much better. Then when I hear no gurgling, I close gray gate and open adapter gate to let the water out of the black tank again. I do this about three times, and then just continue dumping the gray straight thru normally ...
Hope this helps..
Denny
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:16 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Bringing up this older thread as I need to install a Tornado into my 29ve black tank. Anyone complete and where did you install? I can see that the pass-through storage behind the rear axle looks like the best place although difficult to get to. I would guess putting it on the drivers side as the drain is on the passenger side.

Thoughts? And thanks in advance.
Old 07-20-2020, 01:55 PM   #25
Second Winnebago Owner

2017 29ve bwf

I just finished the install of a Camco Tornado in my 2017 29VE. I was surprised it didn’t have one already. I’d say it’s a 1-2hr project depending on your size and ability. In the wet compartment you can get access to the black tank behind the white panel. The drain comes out the passenger side of the coach so installing the tornado is “easier” and better on the drivers side.

The tank is shallow so I didn’t drop it the recommended 2” per instructions but it’ll work good, fingers crossed. I sealed the snot out of it so I hope there will be no leaks in my future.

I ran the hookup to the compartment for easy access. I’d say it’s worth it since the tank is so flat and the ridiculously long run the drain line take from the remote valve to the sewer hookup.
Attached Images

gmellison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:29 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUSoCal View Post
Bringing up this older thread as I need to install a Tornado into my 29ve black tank. Anyone complete and where did you install? I can see that the pass-through storage behind the rear axle looks like the best place although difficult to get to. I would guess putting it on the drivers side as the drain is on the passenger side.

Thoughts? And thanks in advance.
I may be way late and telling you something you already know but have you found the parts catalog that lets you get a full view of where things are on your RV? It takes a bit to get used to turning things around and looking but I find it great to know where the lines actually are meant to be when I try to guess what I might find.
Link here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:43 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

This is exactly my project I did today but breaking down the wet bay was secondary to the Tornado.

Long story short, I had to re-connect the black tank drain. It burst on my (likely my doing in retrospect as I closed the drain valve and had a clog in my sewer solution that built up pressure) rubber connection after the valve. Messy to clean up and luckily it was NOT on the initial dump.

BUT here's my exact pic from today - I did the 2 inches down.

I drilled out the rivets and replaced with #6 ss screws and nylon nuts. I have not attached the hose yet till I use it a few more times. I will use the same hose that I use when at home for the sewer solution. Works well there was some crud in there and yes shallow to say the least.

Too funny that we ended up doing the same project. I thought about the other side but it would have been vulnerable to sliding things in that pass through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200720_114901.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	174286  
Old 07-20-2020, 03:53 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

gmellison, did you notice if you're black drain pipe that goes from the passenger side to the wet bay is supported anywhere? The passenger side looks to be resting on the valve hosing but near the wet bay it just lays up there. The entire connection (black, grey and in our case the small tank in the outside kitchen) just seem to flex a bit. Probably just overthinking but it seems to need support somewhere?
Old 07-20-2020, 10:57 PM   #29
Second Winnebago Owner

I didn’t see any support, except for the factory zip ties. Now you got me thinking. The way roads are in California I may just want to reinforce a few things.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:50 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmellison View Post
I didn’t see any support, except for the factory zip ties. Now you got me thinking. The way roads are in California I may just want to reinforce a few things.
Let me know how you mount the hose connection - I'm debating on where it goes and I'd love to swap out to a connection that is like the water inlet but haven't researched how to connect to the flush part with its clear hose. That would look much better in my opinion.

I pulled both sides to access (you need to pull around the inverter and there is another panel that runs forward that covers the gray tank. Before I put the covers back, I had a closed-cell foam that I put under the valve and the 3" pipe on the driver's side. To your point, I felt that a little cushion (about 1/2 inch) would help in that area.

The other area that is NOT held up is where all the connections are. I'll keep an eye on it. I would guess that the tank and the glue connections are pretty solid but just seems like it might benefit from a long zip tie to support around the area of the connections at their lowest point.

One last question - while working the past week in the area I noticed that my inverter fan cycles quite a bit. I'm in Oceanside with mild weather and it's plugged in I can't imagine that it's doing anything but letting the power pass through it - it's not switched on. Read that it will do that - surprised since it's technically off.

I really like the layout and all the upgrades I've done including the black tank flush. Only last thing is I have a leak in the drivers side rear leveler. Annoying and I'm guessing even if I pull it myself I might want to take it to someone local to fix.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-21-2020, 04:02 PM   #31
Second Winnebago Owner

I used the existing screw that holds the white plate for now. I have the same thought about installing a cleaner connection point.

As far as the inverter fan I have the same thing. I thought it was an inverter/charger but apparently that’s not the case. The outlet on the inverter is hot when the RV is on shore power and the inverter is off so I’m thinking the power passes through the inverter and it’s just keeping itself cool. That’s just a guess.

I have a leaking ram as well but mines passenger front. It’s not severe and I was thinking of trying Lucas stop leak and see if that does the trick.

I’m still learning this RV as I picked it up 10days ago in Oregon and I’m in Texas on a multistate road trip. Learning as we go.
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2020, 05:09 PM   #32
Winnebago Camper

I have the `17. 29ve also . The only way to clean/flush black tank is, cut a 8 ft garden hose from female end. Close the cut and seal the end, then drill 1/8 " holes in last 10 inches. Put a shutoff on it. Push it down toilet and around the elbow. LET IT FLOW while twisting line.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:02 PM   #33
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

Folks,

I have a 27PE and it too did not come with a Black Water Flush.
I an aware that my 27PE and your 29VE's are different units but for whatever it's worth, look at my install here;

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ds-357361.html

Might give you some ideas how to install one on the 29VE
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:11 PM   #34
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

Sorry, the Black Tank Flush install starts at Panel #18
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water