Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2020, 07:10 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

That may be to blame. I am further north, near Norwich. I usually can pick up New Hampshire PBS stations from across the river river (the CT River).
GiGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 12:52 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi View Post
That may be to blame. I am further north, near Norwich. I usually can pick up New Hampshire PBS stations from across the river river (the CT River).
I stumbled across this thread, and I have same coach as OP. I have same observations and wish to dig deeper for resolution. I am 100% certain I know how to use and it is all installed / wired as it should, but here is what I think thus far.

1. The King Antenna on our coach is just no good unless you are in an ideal situation very close to signal. I think King may be great in antennas, but think this model is junk.
2. Maybe some connection between roof antenna and power switch is loose? I have not checked mine ( will do so soon).

I was at Liberty Bowl tailgating in Memphis and could only pick up 6 stations; none were ABC, CBS, NBC etc. So I pulled out my portable antenna because I have thought this was a problem in the past, but just wasn't sure. With portable antenna just sitting inside the RV's windshield I could get 40 plus channels. This is why I concluded my antenna is junk.

I may need a new thread, but I am considering buying something to replace? I like the theory behind Omni Directional. The 60 - 70 mile range should be fine if I can actually get it.

I will add I am sure I have similar issue with AM/FM for radio which is different antenna. It use to not pick up any AM station 20 miles outside of Dallas. Winnebago did something under warranty and it is better, but when I am traveling AM/FM signal are luxury that I don't have.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:36 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Update:

My Antenna is King Omni Go Digital HDTV OTA OA1651-OE (Black)

My coach is less than 2 years old but short of my manual that came from Winnebago, I can't find anything on it. I don't even see it on the King website Makes you wonder, if they have replaced it with new models and know of these issues of picking up signals?

May be worth a call to them next week unless someone knows something that may be missing. FWIW, I did confirm that the connections are all tight right behind the Kind plate. If it is loose at the antenna itself; I would not know until I removed.

Note: I don't use the OTA often, but when I do, I want it to work and work well. If it really is the King unit and I need a newer King model I am not passed buying the new one. I just need to be sure that the fix is real. I don't want to be hassling with directional antennas so my options are limited.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna