Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2015, 07:12 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

[QUOTE=Finally Time;2466929]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post

New, the coach rode and handled ok, but not great. First I weighed it loaded for travel with the water tank 2/3 full, adjusted the tire pressure according to the weight, which turned out to be the same 82 lbs. as on the Winnebago placard. Then I had the alignment checked, which also turned out to be in spec. I had the shop do the CHF, front and rear, at the same time. That made the already hard ride even harder but it did make a little improvement in the handling.

I went back to the suspension shop and the owner recommended Monroes to soften the ride. He said he thought Konis were overpriced and upgraded Bilsteins would still give a harder ride than Monroes.

The ride is perfect for me now. It is not bouncy or mushy, just smooth.
Your observations are valuable to me. I plan to go that route as well:
CHF and Monroe for my 6500lbs front axel. SumoSprings would have been nice too, but expensive!
Tricolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:32 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

[QUOTE=Tricolor;2468084]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally Time View Post

Your observations are valuable to me. I plan to go that route as well:
CHF and Monroe for my 6500lbs front axel. SumoSprings would have been nice too, but expensive!
The Monroe shocks used were invoiced as "Monroe RV Magnum." Don't get me wrong, I still feel the bumps and potholes, but they don't give the hard slam that feels like it is going to tear the cabinets off the walls.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

27N Still Available?

Anyone know if Winnebago has dropped the 27N? It's no longer appearing on their web site as of this evening.
JohnGalt1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

Found it. Looks like they moved it to the LX Line.
JohnGalt1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:08 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Looks like it's now a Winnebago Vista LX 27N or an Itasca Sunstar LX 27N
Old 04-11-2015, 04:38 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryjeans View Post
Danhanna, we are awaiting the delivery of our 2015 Itasca Sunstar27N, same as the Vista. We live in Eugene, Or.. Because of the size of the rig I am courious as to where you went to have your coach aligned? Does any Ford dealerships or Les Schweb do it?
Thanks,
Larryjeans
You shouldn't need alignment however you might want to give serious consideration to beefing up the suspension/handling with sway bars and steering stabilizers. our 30t handling was like a rolling death trap until we added sway/reflex stabilizer and trac bars.

Ordered all parts online and took mh to the Roadmaster factory in Vancouver wa for installation.

Roadmasters product fixed the handling issues immediately. No more tug-of-war with the steering. Winnebago and Itasca product directly from the factory are horrible, leaving it up to the buyer. FYI just heard Tiffin mh on the f53 chassis already add the roadmaster stability products right at their factory during the build .
2015RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:48 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Put roadmaster sway bar and safe-t-plus on our 2013 Vista 27n. Didn't have major handling problems before but with the encouragement of my co-pilot!!, we added the mods. It has helped so it was a good investment.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:49 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Hi Sask66 We have had our 2016 27n now for about 3 weeks. just finishing up a 500 mile quick trip. on the mountain passes our passenger side slide will creep about an inch. not noticing it being real noisy. I may have to ask the dealer for some slide locks. Did they recommend where to put them?
Started the trip with 82psi all the way around and had to fight a bit of sway. Before starting back I adjusted the back to 87psi and the front to 85 psi. It has made a huge difference. gas mileage on the way out was about 8.5 on the mountain passes (including wolf creek pass) We are taking a different route home due to some weather and it is mostly freeway. mileage dropped to 6.5
holt27n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:10 PM   #29
Winnebago Master

I have 2015 Vista 27N, now with 13,000 miles. I generally am flat towing a 3,000 pound Honda HRV. Average driving speed about 60. It has the 5 speed automatic, and I run the 5-Star-Tuning RV engine tune program in place of the Ford OEM engine program.

My long term average is 7.9 MPG.

My new coach break in issues were:

- Norcold refrigerator required adjustment to get the spark gap right so it would run properly on propane.

- Broken double pane window seal on bedroom window.

- Lots of cosmetic issues with sealant not cleanly applied, that I just cleaned up myself.

- Plastic Strap that retains bedroom sliding door broke, factory did not get the installation screw thru the center of it.

- At about 6,000 miles noticed a lot of the screws holding the tracks on the slide outs were not all the way tight, took care of it myself. They are all staying tight at 13,000 miles so think it was a factory issue and not the screws working themselves loose going down the road.

- Couple of wood plugs hiding screws came out, took care of it myself

- Couple of pantry trim pieces came loose, took care of it myself.

- A heat deflector under the floor would move in wind and tap against the exhaust, making noise. Finally got under the coach when it was doing it in the wind and figured out that the end of the deflector is not fastened allowing it to flex and tap. I self fixed by bending the deflector a little bit away from the exhaust and securing the end of it. It still can flex but now when it flexes it does not hit anything and I don't have to hear it at night anymore. YEA!
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:09 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Mixed emotions

We take our 3 grand daughters and 2 grand sons camping through the summer. Our 27n Vista 2013, (which I love), has become too small to camp comfortably. I found a 2012 Vista 32k,(bunk beds and couch) and am trading in a couple weeks. I really like the 27n. We have 12,500 miles on it and have had virtually no problems with it. The slides have always worked, no creeping, a little noisy but not bad. It's like I'm loosing a friend and I have (traders remorse)! We maybe spoil our grand kids but I am excited for them to have bunk beds to sleep on and the couch. The 2 boys lost their Mother, our daughter, 2 years ago, and they have a tender spot in our hearts. We try to spend a lot of time with then and they love to go camping with us. So, decision made, reluctantly, but done. If this coach treats us as well as the 27n, I'll be O.K. All you 27n owners continue to enjoy that beautiful designed coach from Bago.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote