Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #161
Winnebago Owner

pdander2....
I attached the cupholder at 3 points. Two on the sides of the holder, toward the back of the coach. The third one I placed in the middle under the dash. I made 1 1/2' wide "L" brackets and secured them to the cupholder. I drilled three holes in the doghouse. I took large 3/8' washers and put a 1/4' metal compression nut in each washer, then glued the washer/nut to the dog house with good quality construction glue. I used a larger washer cause I didn't want any chance of it pulling through the doghouse and I glued it cause that made it so I could mount the doghouse then mount the cupholder. Or if i wanted to remove the cup holder I wouldn't have to remove the doghouse to do it. When I tighten the 1/4' bolts ( I used 1/4' panhead) I didn't crank on them, just enough that they were firmly seated. On the "L" brackets, I made the decision to screw them to the cupholder with the intention of unscrewing them from the doghouse, this way the bracket stays with the cupholder not the doghouse.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:17 PM   #162
Winnebago Owner

Vista 26HE Mirrors

Hi everyone. Just reliving a recent experience with the 26HE. We were on a 5000km trip this past month and we were on some pretty bad roads. On our return trip I noticed the drivers mirror seemed to shake more than the passenger mirror. On further investigation I found the two bottom screws had snapped off. I was very much surprised that the screws were #8......I certainly expected to see something along the lines of 1/4'or just under. Anyway We were in the in the middle of the prairies so I ended up using gorilla tape to give it a little integrity. By the time we got home, three screws had snapped off. Since the screws snapped flush to the aluminum plate I had to drill new holes....Im using #12 stainless, self taping this time.....see how those hold out.

Anyway I thought I would pass this on to ya'll so you might want to check yours....
Old 09-04-2015, 03:09 PM   #163
Winnebago Owner

LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:55 AM   #164
Winnebago Camper

Old trooper,
Thank you for information on mounting console. Will be installing mine this
Next week.
Paul
Old 09-05-2015, 09:06 AM   #165
Winnebago Owner

12 buck...5 min... cup holders
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cup holders 001.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	105883   Click image for larger version

Name:	cup holders 002.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	105884  

Name:	cup holders 003.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	105885   Click image for larger version

Name:	cup holders 004.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	105886  

Name:	cup holders 005.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	105887  
Old 09-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #166
Winnebago Camper

Just a post.

Driving home from dealership the dash was banging so hard all the holes where the screws hold the dash dome on broke. They have ordered us a new one and being fixed when we go back again :( Its a $200.00 trip every time we go, 3 hours from our home, this will make the 3rd trip. Anyone else have the recall on the seal? They are going to have it for a couple weeks to get our list and the recall done :( Be nice to use it yet.

LVRLUVR the curtains you added to your coach are such a homey look! I really like it! Where did you find the ones for the dining area? I was thinking of adding the 2nd set of MCD solar but now rethinking

I will show my husband the video you did for the wheels and tires. We are still getting used to the driving of the class A :( Sitting on the edge WOW!

Keep the DIYs coming! One thing my husband doesn't like is when you enter the motorhome the edge of the slide out needs a trim piece! So that's on his list too.
debbienibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 12:57 PM   #167
Winnebago Owner

Where do you get those cup holders that mount on the sides of the wall. I could get some the next time I'm in the USA.
rottenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:48 PM   #168
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenkid View Post
Had our Vista 26 HE out for a two day run. We do notice a lot of wind noise from the driver and passenger windows. Just wondered if anyone else has this problem and how to cure it. We are a few hours from a Winnebago dealer, so it is not too convenient to go there for warranty work.

Also had one problem getting the motorhome to Auto level. The front jacks kept lifting the wheels off the ground. So I moved the motor home forward to try and level it better. This time the leveling system worked better, but the right rear jack was not down. Tried that several times with the same results. I ended up moving to another location and the leveling system worked fine. Can anyone explain that??
Our salesman said this system has always had a problem for grounding and just to manually lower jack if lifted We also have the wind noise
debbienibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:01 AM   #169
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbienibble View Post
We also have the wind noise
We have quited the wind noise from the windows by slamming the screen and the window when closing them. After you ensured the window is pushed all the way into the frame, then you lock them in place with the lever.

It works
Old 09-06-2015, 06:12 AM   #170
Winnebago Camper

debbienibble,

Even after our side windows were replaced, we have wind noise. Try just releasing the lock lever. This works for us and the window will very slowly open with the vibrations but having to close it once in a while beats the wind noise.

As for the levelers, I still carry the orange legos. From experience, I can look at my level and tell if the auto levelers will pick a wheel off the ground. I put one or two legos under the wheel, driving on them of course, and also one or two legos under the appropriate leveler to keep from over extending it. It has been posted many times in different forums that its no problem if a wheel or two is off the ground. I've seen it in many campgrounds. All factory techs I've talked do say do not do it. Damage in the long run.
BBQ Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #171
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbienibble View Post
Driving home from dealership the dash was banging so hard all the holes where the screws hold the dash dome on broke. They have ordered us a new one and being fixed when we go back again :( Its a $200.00 trip every time we go, 3 hours from our home, this will make the 3rd trip. Anyone else have the recall on the seal? They are going to have it for a couple weeks to get our list and the recall done :( Be nice to use it yet.

LVRLUVR the curtains you added to your coach are such a homey look! I really like it! Where did you find the ones for the dining area? I was thinking of adding the 2nd set of MCD solar but now rethinking

I will show my husband the video you did for the wheels and tires. We are still getting used to the driving of the class A :( Sitting on the edge WOW!

Keep the DIYs coming! One thing my husband doesn't like is when you enter the motorhome the edge of the slide out needs a trim piece! So that's on his list too.
got the curtains at wal-mart... 24'' long... we like the light coming in with out
people watching us eat...
Old 09-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #172
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenkid View Post
Where do you get those cup holders that mount on the sides of the wall. I could get some the next time I'm in the USA.
got them in the automotive section in k-mart... also seen them at auto zone and checkers/o'riley
Old 09-07-2015, 05:13 PM   #173
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for that information on the cup holders. I will check for them when I get to Watertown New York.
rottenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #174
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone installed a mud/rock/ splash guard flap to protect your tow from getting all dirty? We just got back from a month long trip and I had to wash my tow car at least 6 times. Mostly due to rain but one time road construction where we had no choice but to drive on dirt/gravel roads for miles which really got dust everywhere on the the car including the engine compartment. Also once on a campground access road.

I seen one at Camping World that was 94" wide and 20" tall. Ultra Guard 94"W x 20"H for Motorhomes - Smart Solutions 00014 - Rock Guards - Camping World Any experience with these or suggestions on mounting and location?
Old 09-08-2015, 06:28 PM   #175
Winnebago Camper

I have an ultra guard on my vista. It seems to work well on paved roads. I have been warned by others to either raise it up or shorten the flap if I plan on using it on gravel or on the Alaska caravan due to rocks being thrown up if it should drag on road. I also use a Blue Ox BX8870 KarGard Vehicle Protector on the tow bars.
That seems to work very well for rain, sleet and snow.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #176
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
12 buck...5 min... cup holders

LVRVLUVR I like the cup holders but how did you fasten then to the wall and chair
Old 09-09-2015, 01:30 PM   #177
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmblaster View Post
LVRVLUVR I like the cup holders but how did you fasten then to the wall and chair
black panhead screws...
Old 09-09-2015, 02:37 PM   #178
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
black panhead screws...
Did you use wall anchors
Old 09-10-2015, 05:37 AM   #179
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmblaster View Post
Did you use wall anchors
nope... I've done quite a few and never needed them...

just make sure to put the screws in slow as to not strip them
Old 09-10-2015, 05:38 AM   #180
Winnebago Owner

got the prw4 5star tune installed.... best thing I've done... way worth the money