Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-15-2015, 12:18 PM   #141
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenkid View Post
I don't have a rattle in my slide out. Is this when you go down the road or when you move the slide?
going down the road... right behind the dr. seat ...it's in the wall..
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:00 AM   #142
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
going down the road... right behind the dr. seat ...it's in the wall..
In mine, it is more like a sqeek. and it comes & goes. Haven't figured out the source in the slide-out yet but lubricating the rubber seals seemed to help.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:26 AM   #143
Winnebago Camper

I have a similar issue with mine. It began to squeak a little and I put some baby powder on the seals with the slide open. That helped but now there's a different louder thump type sound coming from the same spot (high up in wall behind drives seat) while going down the road and hitting a bump. I will have to try removing everything stored up there and see what happens and also check the cabinet mounting hardware.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:29 AM   #144
Winnebago Owner

on mine it is def in the wall and you can feel it if you stick your finger in there and hold it steady ... the noise goes away...
Old 08-23-2015, 09:43 PM   #145
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyp47 View Post
I have a similar issue with mine. It began to squeak a little and I put some baby powder on the seals with the slide open. That helped but now there's a different louder thump type sound coming from the same spot (high up in wall behind drives seat) while going down the road and hitting a bump. I will have to try removing everything stored up there and see what happens and also check the cabinet mounting hardware.
There was a service bulletin for the Vista 26HE that remedied the knocking or banging noise above and behind the driver. That bulletin, I'll look for it, recommended lubercating the top gear mechanism with a silicon type spray. If I recall correctly, with the slide out, with your fingers, move the seal so you can put he red plastic tube from the spray can and spray. It also recommended bending the red plastic tube in a curve so that it would spray the mechanism rather than the gear/gear track. I used 3in1 silicon, bent the tube and gave it a couple of good shots. That solved the banging/knocking noise. But now on rough road, I get a squeaking noise from the same area, a rubber on metal sort of noise. I have sprayed the crap out of the rubber seals, it helps some but never really gets rid of that rubber squeaking. But as I said, I only get it on rough road.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:28 PM   #146
Winnebago Owner

What size tire did you put on the 22.5's
Old 08-28-2015, 10:20 AM   #147
Winnebago Camper

Cup holder. Oldtrouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtrooper View Post
This is what I did for the cup holder problem. The storage space is good for maps etc. I put a little wooden box in the storage space for small things like keys etc. I attached it a three points, two to the front and one at the back under the dash.
How did you attach front? Did you have to remove doghouse? A neighbor is building me one like yours for me at this time. Thank you for all your input.
Paul
Old 08-29-2015, 10:50 PM   #148
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmblaster View Post
Who has put solar on their 26HE and if so how many panels
I had the GO Power Weekender system installed at Mike Thompson's RV in Santa Fe Springs because we were preparing to enfield camp at the NASCAR race in Fontana. This system includes 160 watt solar panel, 1500 watt inverter, controller, transfer switch, fuse, etc. About two weeks later, I had a second 160 watt panel installed for a total of 320 watts. Having never boondocks, I wanted to make sure I had enough solar power and limited my use of the generator. Probably enough solar power considering I only have two 6-volt Trojan 105 batteries; however, considering adding a third panel (just cause).

Check out Go Powers website at GPELECTRIC.com

Good luck!
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:49 AM   #149
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
I had the GO Power Weekender system installed at Mike Thompson's RV in Santa Fe Springs because we were preparing to enfield camp at the NASCAR race in Fontana. This system includes 160 watt solar panel, 1500 watt inverter, controller, transfer switch, fuse, etc. About two weeks later, I had a second 160 watt panel installed for a total of 320 watts. Having never boondocks, I wanted to make sure I had enough solar power and limited my use of the generator. Probably enough solar power considering I only have two 6-volt Trojan 105 batteries; however, considering adding a third panel (just cause).

Check out Go Powers website at GPELECTRIC.com

Good luck!
John do you have any pics of install as to where they put the transfer switch and inverter and controller

Richard
Old 08-30-2015, 12:43 PM   #150
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtrooper View Post
What size tire did you put on the 22.5's
255 70 22.5
Old 08-30-2015, 01:08 PM   #151
Winnebago Owner

found out the noise/rattle on the slide... on the wall there is a piece the has an alignment tang... the metal tang fits in the aluminum track... the tang has movement with the coach flex and road viberations...lubing the track seems to get rid of most the noise
Old 08-30-2015, 08:27 PM   #152
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
John do you have any pics of install as to where they put the transfer switch and inverter and controller

Richard
See Attached photos. The inverter and transfer switch were installed in the outside cabinet next to the door. They drilled a hole in the side wall into the battery compartment to run the wires. The controller and remote on/off switch were installed on the side of the kitchen cabinet as you enter the motorhome.

**Don't mind the cat. He was inspecting the installation...

Let me know if you have any more questions.

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1615.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	105308   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1616.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	105309  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1623.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	105310   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1625.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	317.2 KB
ID:	105311  

Old 08-30-2015, 08:50 PM   #153
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
See Attached photos. The inverter and transfer switch were installed in the outside cabinet next to the door. They drilled a hole in the side wall into the battery compartment to run the wires. The controller and remote on/off switch were installed on the side of the kitchen cabinet as you enter the motorhome.

**Don't mind the cat. He was inspecting the installation...

Let me know if you have any more questions.

John
John so the inverter runs all the 120 in the coach and how did they route the solar panel wires from the roof
Richard
Old 08-31-2015, 07:40 AM   #154
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
John so the inverter runs all the 120 in the coach and how did they route the solar panel wires from the roof
Richard
I have not been up on the roof since the installation; however, I believe they ran the wiring along one of the vent pipes. This dropped the wiring somewhere behind the kitchen cabinets which gave them access to the location of the solar controller. I say this because I had my Ford mechanic check the roof caulking and he mentioned he had to re-caulk around one of the vent pipes due to the solar install.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:49 PM   #155
Winnebago Owner

heres how it should ride....and drive

Old 08-31-2015, 02:36 PM   #156
Winnebago Owner

heres how it should go up the grade...82 mph

baker grade California...

Old 09-02-2015, 06:04 PM   #157
Winnebago Owner

Old 09-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #158
Winnebago Camper

I love this! Perfect and exactly what we want to do for ours! Great idea!
debbienibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #159
Winnebago Camper

I love these ideas! Thank you, we will be doing the same!
Old 09-02-2015, 08:44 PM   #160
Winnebago Camper

2015 Vista Winnebago 26 HE

We are the new owners of the Vista 26 HE. What a wild change in driving compared to our 2007 Aspect! Taking some getting used to. The cup holder is useless, love the one someone made, hoping my husband will do the same for ours. Also the great ideas on the divider curtain, and ordered our sink covers and locking gas cap. I think I will also stain the unfinished drawers, install rear tv, and roll of TP in bathroom cabinet . We already have a recall on the seal where the sides meet the roof, and have a front leveler and the motor leaking oil. Hate the drive to Marysville! Husband has already gone in and quieted the noises under the dash dome cover.

I am also interested in changing out the bulbs to LED. Thank you for the Amazon site to order these

Any other do it yourselfers I would love to hear! Thank you everyone for all your inputs!

Bob and Debbie