Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-12-2016, 10:54 PM   #321
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
If I ever replace mine I will get the Truma water heater.
Hey Al,

I just looked at the Truma online. It appears to be a nice little water heater. I would say it is almost plug and play with the existing water heater (for the most part).

Thanks
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 11:34 PM   #322
Site Team

Yes, I hear really good things about it. I was hoping they switched to that in the Adventurer, but no luck. They are still using Atwood. So, a Truma replacement is still in my future. Truma is from Germany, but named after our former president! :-)
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #323
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
Speaking of the TV, I am thinking of adding a new TV mount so I can install a larger TV. I have the 2013 Sunstar 26HE and the TV is mounted over the dash (front of motorhome). I am thinking I can go from a 32" to 40" without obstructing my view while driving. The TV mount I bought is the kind that pulls out on dual arms up to 18 inches from the wall and can turn left or right up to 60 degrees. Has anyone done this or considered doing this?

Thanks
John
As I am considering this option for the near future, I wonder if you went ahead with your project?
Old 11-17-2016, 07:05 PM   #324
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
As I am considering this option for the near future, I wonder if you went ahead with your project?
I have not. I still have the bracket, but I have my motorhome parked at a storage facility. It would be n all day project fro me to pickup the motorhome, drive it to my house, make the modification (hopefully without any problems), then drive it back to storage. I just have not taken the time to do it. Hoping someone else will first and provide pictures.
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:52 AM   #325
Winnebago Camper

We are getting the Motorhome closer to what we want Replaced the tires it came with with all weather tires, just ordered the Sumo Springs for the front and rear, Husband is building the taller console with deeper cup holders, and I still think I want the cup holders mounted to the side walls too. He's also going to do the slide out baskets under the bench seats! I've already changed out all the lights for the LEDs. and got the sink covers Its almost like a 2016 now!
Bobbys Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:07 PM   #326
Winnebago Owner

Do you notice anything new?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161109_102008.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	144687
Old 11-19-2016, 06:50 PM   #327
Winnebago Camper

WET BAY Storage: just bought a 2014 26HE... previous camper had no wet bay... does anyone have pictures of wet bay storage mods? I'm not crazy about storing sewage and fresh water hoses together and having wet hoses stored near 30Amp electrical....

looking for ideas....
Old 11-19-2016, 07:34 PM   #328
Site Team

Vista 26 HE questions

I have the 2013 26HE. I have all sewer hoses and connections in a plastic tub which is stored in the storage area just in front of the wet bay. The clean water hose is stored inside a plastic container in the large storage bay in the rear of the coach. In that way, except for dumping the tanks, the wet bay belongs to the 30A electrical cord. Each area is kept separate while in storage. I also use command strips to keep a bottle of purell and plastic gloves handy in the front of the panel where the water connects to. Hope this helps!
Old 11-20-2016, 09:23 AM   #329
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
I have the 2013 26HE. I have all sewer hoses and connections in a plastic tub which is stored in the storage area just in front of the wet bay. The clean water hose is stored inside a plastic container in the large storage bay in the rear of the coach. In that way, except for dumping the tanks, the wet bay belongs to the 30A electrical cord. Each area is kept separate while in storage. I also use command strips to keep a bottle of purell and plastic gloves handy in the front of the panel where the water connects to. Hope this helps!
That's pretty much what I do also. Only the AC cable stays in the bay. I did add a shower head in the bay to wash things down. I am also very careful when feeding the water hose in so it doesn't touch anything.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #330
Winnebago Camper

Anyone else have to replace the wiper blades yet. 28" isn't big enough for the huge hook. Guess I have to go online to get different?
Bobbys Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:08 PM   #331
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargeman View Post
WET BAY Storage: just bought a 2014 26HE... previous camper had no wet bay... does anyone have pictures of wet bay storage mods? I'm not crazy about storing sewage and fresh water hoses together and having wet hoses stored near 30Amp electrical....

looking for ideas....
Ditto here on McNut and Garyp47, on the WET BAY. I use a big Rubbermaid container for black water stuff. Just connect the hose ends, saves on mess. As for freshwater, the only diff is, I put all freshwater stuff in the fresh water tank bay. When folding the hose I make large loops (like 4' dia.) then it just tucks inside the perimeter of the bay door. I use 2-3 ball loops to keep the hose together. Currently I keep a 4', 15', 20', filter & all connections in that bay. I dry camp quite a bit, but this summer we camped with full hookups. I have a problem with all 3 hoses going through the same hole.....plan on fixing that this winter by making a hole for power and water. This will save having to add and remove the sewer hose when the water and power are still connected. Just me, I like to keep the sewer separated as much as I can.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:12 PM   #332
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbys Girl View Post
Anyone else have to replace the wiper blades yet. 28" isn't big enough for the huge hook. Guess I have to go online to get different?
Just in the process of buying replacements for next year. I thought it was a straight replacement, but I guess not. I haven't looked closely, but is the "J" hook bigger on the HE26.......is that a truck vs car size I wonder
Old 11-20-2016, 09:11 PM   #333
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtrooper View Post
Just in the process of buying replacements for next year. I thought it was a straight replacement, but I guess not. I haven't looked closely, but is the "J" hook bigger on the HE26.......is that a truck vs car size I wonder
I bought 28'' blades at Costco, great saving BUT they don't fit.

Our blades are thicker and wider than cars' ones. No way you can squeeze any adapter onto those blades.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:34 AM   #334
Winnebago Camper

Tell me about the captains chairs in the front how in the world do you get the drivers seat to swivel all the way around facing the cabin and the same question for the front passenger captains chair?
Old 11-21-2016, 04:35 AM   #335
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone considered replacing the standard dinette with a U shaped dinette or other alternatives?
Old 11-21-2016, 04:36 AM   #336
Winnebago Camper

The TV in the front… How do you remove it? Has anyone considered putting it on a hinge to use the space behind it?
Old 11-21-2016, 04:36 AM   #337
Winnebago Camper

Last one for now… The padded panel on the left or right side in the very front above the captains chairs… Has anyone considered a small shelf or cabinet for that area if so do you have pictures?
Old 11-21-2016, 04:56 AM   #338
Winnebago Camper

OK just one more for now… Does this camper have a separate 115 V line that can be plugged in separately or does literally everything go through the 30 amp plug?
Old 11-21-2016, 06:28 AM   #339
Site Team

Quote:
OK just one more for now… Does this camper have a separate 115 V line that can be plugged in separately or does literally everything go through the 30 amp plug?

Everything goes through the 30A line. When I need to plug in to a normal plug, such as when it's in storage, I use an adapter.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:33 AM   #340
Site Team

Quote:
Tell me about the captains chairs in the front how in the world do you get the drivers seat to swivel all the way around facing the cabin and the same question for the front passenger captains chair?

It's easy to do, but you have to know the dance steps. For the driver's side, first move the seat base as far back as you can, then flip down the side arm on the side next to the wall. Next, use the lever to flip the seat back forward (not backwards). Now you are ready to swivel the chair around to face the living area. With a little practice it is easy. Take care!