Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-26-2016, 09:32 AM   #301
Winnebago Camper

I wonder if there are wind deflectors available for these coaches? You see them on cars, vans and trucks....perhaps a web search is due.

Mike
Getgoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #302
Winnebago Owner

Added the cheap Dollarama magnetic screens today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06271155.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	131447   Click image for larger version

Name:	06271156.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	131448  

rottenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:55 AM   #303
Winnebago Owner

The. Screen works OK. The Velcro is a problem with a cheaper screen. The sticky part does not hold that good. I had to add more Velcro. I found that there are too many gaps with the ramp in place. The screens works for shore term with the ramp in place. our dog s urge enjoys the use of a ramp.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:42 PM   #304
Winnebago Camper

Macnut, you mentioned earlier that you added a tee to the propane line to use your Weber Q. We'd like to do this as well. Did you use a kit, have the dealer do it or what?
Old 07-01-2016, 09:59 PM   #305
Site Team

2WheelLuge, we used a dealer to do it, but he used the extend-a-stay kit, or a version of it. Since my Weber Q has a regulator in it, he installed it before the regulator on the RV propane tank. However, I would still recommend installing it after the RV regulator. The reason is that the pressure from the tank is a little overpowering for the Weber Q and I've already had to replace 1 regulator on the Weber Q. There are many YouTube videos on how to modify the Weber Q to remove its regulator. Anyway, good luck with your project!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:46 AM   #306
Winnebago Camper

Hmmm...pretty quiet here this week. Everyone out camping? We spent a few days over the 4th at a closeby campground doing some cycling and laying around.

Anyone change out their mattress? We tried putting a thick memory foam on ours, but my wife still yearns for a Sleep Number. We have an extra queen from our second home, but that, of course, does not have radius corners.

Speaking of sleeping, next week we do an MS charity ride (MS TRAM) and we have another couple staying with us in the Vista. I'll post some pics on how we are doing the beds.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:21 AM   #307
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelluge View Post
Hmmm...pretty quiet here this week. Everyone out camping? We spent a few days over the 4th at a closeby campground doing some cycling and laying around.

Anyone change out their mattress? We tried putting a thick memory foam on ours, but my wife still yearns for a Sleep Number. We have an extra queen from our second home, but that, of course, does not have radius corners.

Speaking of sleeping, next week we do an MS charity ride (MS TRAM) and we have another couple staying with us in the Vista. I'll post some pics on how we are doing the beds.
We put a ComfortAire DreamAire (competition to Sleep Number) in our motorhome. Definitely worth it if you can swing the extra cost. We bought it on sale (I think through CampingWorld) and got a decent price (about $850) for a Short Queen Radius.
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:15 PM   #308
Winnebago Owner

Stopped at the Winnebago dealer in Canada to see if they could get me some weeping hole plugs for the front windows to reduce noise. One fellow knew of them, but they didn't know where to get them. I will continue using the electrical tape, as it works good. I just peel the tape off if in the rain.

I looked st the 2016 26HE on the lot. I like where the TV is mounted on the side wall. I notice there are switches on the walls for the interior lights. They must have had lots of complaints to change both of those items.

I was not too impressed with the extra bed at the front. Cupboard space would be better.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:06 PM   #309
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenkid View Post
Stopped at the Winnebago dealer in Canada to see if they could get me some weeping hole plugs for the front windows to reduce noise. One fellow knew of them, but they didn't know where to get them. I will continue using the electrical tape, as it works good. I just peel the tape off if in the rain.

I looked st the 2016 26HE on the lot. I like where the TV is mounted on the side wall. I notice there are switches on the walls for the interior lights. They must have had lots of complaints to change both of those items.

I was not too impressed with the extra bed at the front. Cupboard space would be better.
Speaking of the TV, I am thinking of adding a new TV mount so I can install a larger TV. I have the 2013 Sunstar 26HE and the TV is mounted over the dash (front of motorhome). I am thinking I can go from a 32" to 40" without obstructing my view while driving. The TV mount I bought is the kind that pulls out on dual arms up to 18 inches from the wall and can turn left or right up to 60 degrees. Has anyone done this or considered doing this?

Thanks
John
Old 08-14-2016, 03:49 AM   #310
Winnebago Owner

I don't see a problem with what your trying to do. You just need to lock the TV in position when your on the move.

I always wanted a way to lower the TV when parked. The location of the TV is too high. Our last motor home. The floor was a class B+ and the TV sat much lower. It is very awkward watching the TV for even a short time.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:02 PM   #311
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenkid View Post
Stopped at the Winnebago dealer in Canada to see if they could get me some weeping hole plugs for the front windows to reduce noise. One fellow knew of them, but they didn't know where to get them.
I was at Winnebago Industries last summer and asked specifically for those.
The technician searched and ended up suggesting that I should contact the manufacturer of the windows and source them directly.

I too use electric tape ans am satisfied with this CNSF (cheap noise reduction fix)
Old 08-17-2016, 01:40 PM   #312
Winnebago Owner

Walkie-talkie radio shelf

We use portable radios to keep track of the grandkids when camping and me to I guess, cause I have a tendency to roam the area, lol. At the start of the day usually involves a little bit of a search party to locate all the radios. Don't like tossing them in a bucket or something similar. Trying to come up with an idea for some sort of shelf to clip them the radio on when not in use. Thought while racking my little brain, that I would reach out and see if there are any ideas......thanks all
Old 09-15-2016, 05:56 PM   #313
Winnebago Camper

Husband and I just got home from a 2 week vacation. Took our 2015 26 HE. Went from Port Angeles, Wa to Mount Rushmore, back to Yellowstone, down to Crater Lake, then the coast to Redwoods and up the coast to home. The slide almost made us nuts! Constant movement and a small pile of shavings behind driver's door every time we ended for the day. These shaving were both aluminum and wood. My husband is calling out motorhome a glorified bread truck. He does have everything else nice and quiet. I'm really hoping we get all this fixed
Bobbys Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:16 PM   #314
Site Team

That is, it could be a bread truck If the oven worked better. :-) that said, we have yet to have problems with our slide in 4 1/2 years, so at least some were build good! We always fully open and close with stops in the middle. We also service it every year. Sorry about your slide issues and hope you get it fixed for good soon!
Old 09-15-2016, 06:46 PM   #315
Winnebago Camper

We just hit a year in June, was doing great until this trip. Weird! Guess its back to the shop. I still like it and can't wait to do some of own modifications to get it where we want it Had a really bad wind storm hit us by Cody, had the slide awning sucked all the way out and back twice but seems to be okay. I was surprised we didn't end up on our side! But loved our trip other wise!
Old 09-15-2016, 07:39 PM   #316
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbys Girl View Post
Husband and I just got home from a 2 week vacation. Took our 2015 26 HE. Went from Port Angeles, Wa to Mount Rushmore, back to Yellowstone, down to Crater Lake, then the coast to Redwoods and up the coast to home. The slide almost made us nuts! Constant movement and a small pile of shavings behind driver's door every time we ended for the day. These shaving were both aluminum and wood. My husband is calling out motorhome a glorified bread truck. He does have everything else nice and quiet. I'm really hoping we get all this fixed
Please update us as to what the mechanic believes the shavings are from.

I have had my slide fixed once. After the slide was fix, I too started noticing a small pile of shaving of wood and aluminum. I have seen these shaving on both sides of the slide (front/rear) and assumed they were either from the repair or when the RV was built. I don't believe the slide is malfunctioning because of the wood mixed with the aluminum. I would be more concerned if it was all aluminum shavings.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2016, 08:28 PM   #317
Winnebago Owner

I must admit I did not go through all 23 pages of this actual tread, but I am almost certain someone posted his numbers after weighting his 26HE on all four corners.

Has anyone recorded this information and be willing to share?

Thanks
Old 11-12-2016, 04:15 PM   #318
Winnebago Camper

Our 2015 Vista 26HE has a propane only hot water heater. We are looking at putting a Camco Hybrid Heat kit in so it can also heat electric. Has anyone else done this?
Old 11-12-2016, 07:03 PM   #319
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbys Girl View Post
Our 2015 Vista 26HE has a propane only hot water heater. We are looking at putting a Camco Hybrid Heat kit in so it can also heat electric. Has anyone else done this?
I too have thought about this; however, that is as far as I have gotten. Good luck and keep us updated if you do add the kit.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2016, 07:31 PM   #320
Site Team

If I ever replace mine I will get the Truma water heater.